Post-Game Talk: Pens sink to new depths vs Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
That PP in the 2nd was maybe the worst I've ever seen by a team that had 90+ seconds of possession.

It's no coincidence that Jarry's play started to crater once he started playing more.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Something that needs to happen this offseason is to bring in, if not a GM, then a couple AGMs. There's no reason for this to just be the Dubas and Spezza show. The Pens turned the ship around with JR, Botterill, Guerin, and Fitzgerald. And even Morehouse had a say. The point isn't that all those guys are great, but you need a mix of opinions and eyes and skills. At least one guy who would throw out the "hey maybe we should really fire this piece of shit powerplay coach even if it hurts feelings".

Reactions: farscape1

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Something that needs to happen this offseason is to bring in, if not a GM, then a couple AGMs. There's no reason for this to just be the Dubas and Spezza show. The Pens turned the ship around with JR, Botterill, Guerin, and Fitzgerald. And even Morehouse had a say. The point isn't that all those guys are great, but you need a mix of opinions and eyes and skills. At least one guy who would throw out the "hey maybe we should really fire this piece of shit powerplay coach even if it hurts feelings".
Wasnt Spezza an intern last year? It’s like mom and dad went out of town and left the kids in charge.

I am over the Sullivan Dubas show. They need some parental guidance. Someone that does more than Burke. We dont been another clown to make appearance while our GM hibernates for the season…again.

Last edited:
Reactions: farscape1

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Same lineup with Jim Montgomery, Pens are a top team in the league.

The second any Penguin leaves this team they go off. Sullivan is the worst coach in the NHL. I'm absolutely convinced of it.
You have to be joking. Sullivan coached two Stanley Cup winners, and will get a good job the second he is let go. And the Pens lineup is not good at all. One example - Guentzel isn't playing well because of Brind'Amour, he's playing well because his linemates and team are that much better.

• Haha
Reactions: Wings4Life

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Plus = Malkin showed he's able to move around

Negative = Malkin showed he wasn't giving 100% effort the whole season

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Plus = Malkin showed he's able to move around

Negative = Malkin showed he wasn't giving 100% effort the whole season
fascinating logic. why would malkin would decide to start playing when the season is over?

metalan2

May 30, 2008
"You can't tank with Sidney Crosby, he's too good for you to finish bottom 5."

Can't wait till he plays Jeff Carter for 2026 Team Canada.

No reason to not start the rebuild this summer. Team is done.
That includes firing Sullivan. I want no part of him in a rebuild.

You have to be joking. Sullivan coached two Stanley Cup winners, and will get a good job the second he is let go. And the Pens lineup is not good at all. One example - Guentzel isn't playing well because of Brind'Amour, he's playing well because his linemates and team are that much better.
At this point Sullivan is so bad I think Rick Tocchet was responsible for those cups.

Guentzel had Crosby and Rust. Vastly better linemates.

Brindamours system is just that much better. Guentzel can't stop praising him. Must be such a relief.

Good luck to whoever gets Sullivan next.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Oh yeah, early morning brain fart. Datura's the devil's trumpet. Neither one of them is something I would particularly advocate for consuming while Penguins are playing, but hey, who am I judge what people need to get through another month of Sullivan hockey?
TBH, six years of spiraling nonsense hallucinations could be either datura or Sullivan hockey.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If the Pens are unlucky then it's three straight years of being unlucky. Because the finishing has been garbage for 3 straight years now. That suggests something systematic.

The Caps though...25th in 5v5 xgoals. -30 goal differential. They're pretty shit by just about any metric one would look at. It's a miracle they're in the race still. It'd be one thing if they had bad xgoals metrics but a good goal differential, but they don't even have that. Being outscored 30 and being in a playoff race is crazy.
Nah... not really knowing the truth of it and not watching them even once...
but I imagine there are straight away games they know they aren't going to win.
Why bother in those games? Do they have many blow outs? That'd be an indicator of it being a case for it.
It's what the penguins should do honestly. But keep on chugalugging for no reason even in lost games.
Have to be smart when you are old.
Plus, no team would even admit to tanking lost games, games in general, or season long.

guessing.
:dunno:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Nah... not really knowing the truth of it and not watching them even once...
but I imagine there are straight away games they know they aren't going to win.
Why bother in those games? Do they have many blow outs? That'd be an indicator of it being a case for it.
It's what the penguins should do honestly. But keep on chugalugging for no reason even in lost games.
Have to be smart when you are old.
Plus, no team would even admit to tanking lost games, games in general, or season long.

guessing.
:dunno:
Caps have won something like 20+ one goal games.

Big difference is Caps have Lindgren who can actually close out a game and we have Tristan Jarry who is yet another example of a shitty player fleecing Dubas for term, salary and trade protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad