Post-Game Talk: Pens sink to new depths vs Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Nah, Sid just gave up recently. He was carrying the team almost all season. Now he does what´s the best for the organization - TANKING. Best result of the season btw. Avs are gonna murder them too.
Nah Crosby was not carrying the Team this year. Jake was by far. Soon has he went down in injury, Crosby was a non factor despite putting in an effort. Once they traded Jake, is when he 75% mailed it in. And after the last weekend's loosing streak, than he mailed it in. Please put actual context in this.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
How much more would any other coach get out of this lineup? 3 - 5 more wins? Even with all the "correct" lineups and ice time, and playing hard every night, how much better would they really be?
Realistically? Probably not much different tbh.

But we wouldn't have to see Sully anymore, so it's an objective win by firing him. :laugh:

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
How much more would any other coach get out of this lineup? 3 - 5 more wins? Even with all the "correct" lineups and ice time, and playing hard every night, how much better would they really be?
A coach that would have gotten them to not quit after Calgary. A coach that would have changed the powerplay structure instead of just shuffling the deck and insulting Malkin. This team is mentally weak more than anything.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Does ESPN still do those "30 for 30" things? I just watched the Big Shot episode where Spano bought the Islanders by conning people. I feel like there's gonna be a Sully 30 For 30 someday about how he's some kind of mastermind hypnotist manipulator machiavellian guy that gets into people's heads and convinces everyone that he's something he's not, because there's no way this team is coached by someone that knows what they are doing. Unless he's been ordered to tank and to make the worst decisions possible. Nothing out there makes any sense.
and who the f is Bemstrom and why is he still playing? He's worthless. Give Poulin a chance, at least. DOC shouldn't be on the 1st line, he's a very good 4th liner, maybe 3rd.
We should be scratching our bottom 6 and calling up players from WBS to give them a tryout for the remainder of the season. What can go wrong? we lose a few more?

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
My brother in Christ, Jeff Carter has been averaging 14 minutes a night when healthy over the last 15 games. That alone is enough cause to be blackballed from the sport.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Same lineup with Jim Montgomery, Pens are a top team in the league.

The second any Penguin leaves this team they go off. Sullivan is the worst coach in the NHL. I'm absolutely convinced of it.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think Sid definitely quit when Jake was dealt. He was fine when Jake was injured, he just stopped caring. Pretty petulant and lame tbh.

Ownership sucks. GMing sucks. Coaching sucks. The depth sucks. The direct support on Sid and Geno's wings sucks. The blueline sucks. The goaltending sucks. The special teams still suck.

Depending on how the lotto goes, this team better seriously think about punting the 1st to SJ this year. Short of like, a 7th overall or better, I think they gotta just sacrifice it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Tough to watch Sid just give up. But I’m sure he just looooves Sullivan too much to let him go.
I mean, this is the thing. If he loved Sullivan as much as the press makes it sound, he'd be the one guy giving 100% every single shift. If he's checked out, then what does that say about this entire roster's feelings about their chances under Sullivan?

Can't wait to see what "new depth" Mike Sullivan and Kyle Dubas saddle this team with next season.
Our problem is we've only got 2 lines dedicated to no offense types. Just wait til Dubas finally gives Sullivan his 4 lines of ZAR clones next season.

It would sure be nice to finally found out, wouldn't it?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Nah. Sid is getting the same wingers Malkin has had for the past few years and looks like absolute shit.

And if he is being a cry baby about it, people criticized Malkin for being too emotional.
You are a terrible biased poster. But whatever. Sid is not being a crybaby about his wingers. He doesn´t care about himself. He just knows the whole team is done NOW. Guentzel or not, doesn´t matter. He would tank just the same with Guentzel now. Really doesn´t matter. At this point, it makes no sense to blame players for tanking it. Let alone Sid, who gave it his all until it mattered.

• Haha

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You are a terrible biased poster. But whatever. Sid is not being a crybaby about his wingers. He doesn´t care about himself. He just knows the whole team is done NOW. Guentzel or not, doesn´t matter. He would tank just the same with Guentzel now. Really doesn´t matter. At this point, it makes no sense to blame players for tanking it. Let alone Sid, who gave it his all until it mattered.

Sid’s been a ghost since Jake went down with his injury.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Sid’s been a ghost since Jake went down with his injury.
No. He´s been a ghost since that Calgary collapse. To be honest, the whole team is. Sid gave up not because of Guentzel, but because he realized that the team is DONEEEEE. I would honestly do the same. Definitely with Sullivan and Reirden behind the bench. Sid was just fine the first few games without Guentzel and with Rakell. He just understandably gave up after that Calgary massacre. And I did too. After that game, I am actually rooting for losses too, for the first time in my life. Coudn´t care less about Guentzel or not Guentzel when you have Sullivan and Reirden and rotten roster.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
"You can't tank with Sidney Crosby, he's too good for you to finish bottom 5."

Can't wait till he plays Jeff Carter for 2026 Team Canada.

No reason to not start the rebuild this summer. Team is done.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad