Salary Cap: Pens Salary and Signing thread: Dr StrangeDubas or How We Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Karlsson Watch

Do you want EK here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
You know what universe, I don't even care if we get EK

What-I-Dont-Care-You-Broke-Your-Elbow-Meme.jpg

Reactions: Zbynek

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Entertaining clip of some outsiders' perspective. Mostly talk about Dubas more than Karlsson.

Dangle and friends says KD worked heavily with just a handful of other teams, specifically Minnesota, St Louis, and Ottawa with a couple others.

Says Kyle loved Dumba, speculates it could be a backup plan. He loved Granlund also.

They looked at capfriendly to play with some buyouts, weren't overly impressed with our organizational situation.

Reactions: Ugene Magic

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Entertaining clip of some outsiders' perspective. Mostly talk about Dubas more than Karlsson.

Dangle and friends says KD worked heavily with just a handful of other teams, specifically Minnesota, St Louis, and Ottawa with a couple others.

Says Kyle loved Dumba, speculates it could be a backup plan. He loved Granlund also.

They looked at capfriendly to play with some buyouts, weren't overly impressed with our organizational situation.

The smart route was giving a better offer to Philly for DeAngelo and using all those millions in savings compared to EK's cap hit on improving other areas of the roster.
Watch TDA put up similar points to EK next year and be better defensively, at a 2.5M cap hit. All at the cost of a 7th rounder for Carolina. f*** me. That might be the best move in free agency. That or Duchene at 3M.

Last edited:
Reactions: tom_servo

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
I wonder why a player with TDA's offensive potential was given away for free, and at 50% retained. Weird, we may never know.
Doesn't change the fact that they're gonna crush it on that deal, while almost everyone else spends way more for smaller gains.
The Hurricanes had 116 points the year he was there. Divisional banner. +76 GD.
Not really seeing the crippling effect of his personality on the room there :laugh:

Reactions: ndolla

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Doesn't change the fact that they're gonna crush it on that deal, while almost everyone else spends way more for smaller gains.
The Hurricanes had 116 points the year he was there. Divisional banner. +76 GD.
Not really seeing the crippling effect of his personality on the room there :laugh:
Well as long as the numbers look good, AB.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015

I love Steve Dangle and his podcast. He singlehandedly made the Leafs my second team.

That being said none of those guys know shit about the Pens and I think it's blatantly obvious. Surface level knowledge and cap friendly, that's it.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
This place isn't much better than Facebook hockey comment sections anymore. You'd think there'd be more substance if you gathered a bunch of people that have seen thousands of games in the same place. Maybe it's just exhaustion at this point, with the team and the people here. A lot of IRL misery seeping into replies too.

Whatever's going on, there's like no fun left in it. I'll check back in during training camp where people are usually in a better frame of mind.

Reactions: ndolla

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
This place isn't much better than Facebook hockey comment sections anymore. You'd think there'd be more substance if you gathered a bunch of people that have seen thousands of games in the same place. Maybe it's just exhaustion at this point, with the team and the people here. A lot of IRL misery seeping into replies too.

Whatever's going on, there's like no fun left in it. I'll check back in during training camp where people are usually in a better frame of mind.
People not wanting Tony Deangelo was the final straw, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad