Post-Game Talk: Pens/Sabres: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Probably sitting in his season ticket seats right now waiting. As a reminder, he has season tix. So I guess he'll be taking in the Duquesne game tonight.

you mean, waiting for Geno to make a hideous gaffe so he can complain about him for the thousandth time...

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
My big beef re: Errey is I think he's been medicated and is no longer a ridiculous, hilarious weird observation machine.
I am always impressed with how well he sees when the puck is tipped. He is usually all over it live.

And I like Mears. I don't want to be distracted by the play by play. I just want the details delivered clearly and promptly. He does that.

ETA: My dream scenario is no announcers but still getting the sounds from the arena. I used to be able to choose the SAP broadcast (which doesn't exist here) and get that and it was incredible.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
The big + Kahun was invisible on the night.

The other big + the Pens beat a rookie goalie.

For those that hate it..."The March continues"

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I am a tad concerned about McCann. Dude went MIA late last saeson. He's MIA right now.
I'm thinking McCann lost the edge, that he had when he was the #2 centre earlier in the season, mainly from playing wing. Now I think his minor injury that he had in California may be effecting him more than we know. The good news is that we all know that he can play better and hopefully he will show it soon.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The big + Kahun was invisible on the night.

The other big + the Pens beat a rookie goalie.

For those that hate it..."The March continues"

It's hard to be visible when you play 7 minutes...he set up a nice pass that led to MJ's goal and got an assist...in only 7 minutes of ice time

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Weird. Why is he getting so few minutes in three organizations now? Must be Sullivan bozo’s fault.

Sabres fans are pissed about it too...apparently the Kruger doesn't think he's completely learned his system even though he's a better player already than most of the other players playing in it...lol

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
oh boy that did not go well with Madden, he was shiting on jesse, basically saying that he and sully know more about hockey than jesse so he should just shut up...what a gigantic insecure douche that guy is (and btw I don't think he even watches the games, either that or he has zero idea what hockey is nowdays)
Madden I would trust about which glazed donuts are best. But hockey info, lol nah.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
Hate to say it but Flyers look realllllllll good right now.

wasn’t impressed last night that team will not win a playoff series. Time to wake up

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'm more of a Richard Park fan. Sorry mate.

Park Chan-Wook is where it's at.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Peat

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I am always impressed with how well he sees when the puck is tipped. He is usually all over it live.

And I like Mears. I don't want to be distracted by the play by play. I just want the details delivered clearly and promptly. He does that.

ETA: My dream scenario is no announcers but still getting the sounds from the arena. I used to be able to choose the SAP broadcast (which doesn't exist here) and get that and it was incredible.

If I recall correctly, They tried that with the nfl once and all the announcers hated it so they never tried it again. I don’t think most of the fans cared one way or another.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I feel like this game really solidified Murray as the starter going forward. Having Murray win both starts after a long losing streak, one of which he was phenomenal in, makes his case on starting much stronger. And frankly, the team has been winning a lot more in 2020 with Murray (9-4-1 with a .911 save% and 2.60 GAA) than Jarry (7-6-1 with a .907 save% and 2.85 GAA).

Also Pettersson had a monster game analytically yesterday, but I don't think people here will give him the props he deserves. A MP-Marino 2nd pair for the foreseeable future looks really nice, although I'm scared of seeing what Marino's extension will look like. Zucker-Crosby-Sheary had another great game too, I think that line is going to be really good with Crosby back at his normal level.

MP-Marino did have a great game.
It was Buffalo tho but for this team to go anywhere that pairing needs to continue to progress.

I know JJ has been brutal recently, but he's not the guy that should be coming out for Riikola, Schultz is. Let's look at Schultz's resume:

-2 points in his last 25 games, both of which were secondary assists
-Is still bad defensively
-Doesn't kill penalties
-Isn't physical

JJ sucks analytically, doesn't offer anything offensively and is a bad puck mover. Schultz is all of those plus he's not physical and doesn't kill penalties. This also doesn't touch on the fact that Riikola's play style makes more sense as a replacement for Schultz (or what Schultz is supposed to be) than JJ, and Riikola has shown he's pretty comfortable on RD too. I really have no clue why anyone is advocating JJ as the guy who should be scratched, when Schultz is an OFD that can't even outproduce JJ.

In theory you'r right, Riiko takes Schultz PP2 spot and barely PK's like Schultz does...
If they'd been easing Riiko into the PK throughout the year, they could easily take Riiko-JS for a spin.
I'd just like to see it for a game.
Also not opposed to trying out JJ-Riiko.
Stats actually support it as a decent 3rd pairing.

I just think JJ is being left in the dust again as play ramps up to another PO run.
He's certainly playing himself off the roster atm but the coaching staff have hooked their wagon to the guy.
When healthy the 3rd pairing is gonna be:

JJ-JS/Ruh/Riiko

I'm curious if JJ just gets worse and worse tho and it would be interesting if they actually thought about HS'ing him.
He certainly is capable of getting that visibly bad.
I don't hope for that tho.
Hoping here the dude picks up his play and doesn't get left in the dust again. I don't like the odds of that happening but what else can i do but hope...

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
JJ is doing that thing where he plays his way off an NHL roster in March.
He's done it 2 seasons in a row.
Coaching staff have tied their hands tho.
Riiko has no real pk experience and their only other option is
Ruh-JS OR JS-Ruh
if they decide JJ is HS'ed again.

not to rag on him further, but i'd like him to get a few nights off to recalibrate from the too-long top pair experiment. that fried him, and he has nothing to fall back on.

it won't happen, but if they want him operating at the pretty decent level we got earlier in the season, it should. or, alternatively, don't pair him with schultz. i think the scratch may do him more good, though.:dunno:

Reactions: WayneSid9987

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Simon worked fairly well with those 2 for a stretch last season, maybe they could reunite that line.

There's going to be some interesting decisions to make once/if everyone is healthy.

Rick J is getting up there in age. He doesn't call as many games as he used to, but Buffalo love him so he still does a lot of games. I was wondering the same thing last night, because I hadn't heard their feed in a while and there is a very noticeable difference in his voice. I believe he has also had some health problems as of late.

he had throat cancer (not sure when, though). i was only able to get the buffalo feed, and he was really stressing me out until someone dropped me that nugget. and he wasn't able to call the whole game, either, which seems...not great.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I had to turn the game off after the Sabres 1st goal for my sanity and I didn't want to be toxic in the thread. They keep giving up short handed goals. Same thing happened in the Caps game. Then we all blame whoever got their pass intercepted when in reality it happens. If we didn't have all 5 skaters in a line at the offensive zone entry then we wouldn't keep giving up breakaways/goals on the PP.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I had to turn the game off after the Sabres 1st goal for my sanity and I didn't want to be toxic in the thread. They keep giving up short handed goals. Same thing happened in the Caps game. Then we all blame whoever got their pass intercepted when in reality it happens. If we didn't have all 5 skaters in a line at the offensive zone entry then we wouldn't keep giving up breakaways/goals on the PP.
We have given up 4 shorties all year. Only three teams have given up fewer.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
All of Pittsburgh sports media is Trashy McTrash outside of The Athletic, and I expect some to think Yohe deserves to be in that category too (I don't personally). I can't wait for the day for Madden and all of the 93.7 The Fan stooges to not be on the radio anymore. It's just an act in Madden's case, but they're just both awful.

Madden is just a heel and 93.7 The Fan should be renamed "Nonstop Yinzer Steelers Discussion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad