Post-Game Talk: Pens/Sabres: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
All of Pittsburgh sports media is Trashy McTrash outside of The Athletic, and I expect some to think Yohe deserves to be in that category too (I don't personally). I can't wait for the day for Madden and all of the 93.7 The Fan stooges to not be on the radio anymore. It's just an act in Madden's case, but they're just both awful.

The Fan's commercial-to-content ratio is a disgrace. They have like 4 minute segments.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
We didn't allow any shorthanded goals in that game, you are probably thinking of MP losing his mind 4 on 4 and allowing a stupid goal.

Oh yeah, your right. It was suppose to be a PP then we took a penalty and 4 on 4. Similar situation on the entry though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Fan's commercial-to-content ratio is a disgrace. They have like 4 minute segments.

Not only that, but listening to the hosts read out commercials (especially with weird topics) is just awkward. Do people really want to hear Andrew Fillipponi read commercials about erectile dysfunction medication? 105.9 does the same thing with their hosts reading about Pittsburgh strip clubs, and an amazing way to prevent me from going to a strip club is listening to Mark Madden advocate for them :laugh:

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
he had throat cancer (not sure when, though). i was only able to get the buffalo feed, and he was really stressing me out until someone dropped me that nugget. and he wasn't able to call the whole game, either, which seems...not great.

He actually stopped half way through the game.

Oh man I didn't even realize that he didn't finish. I had my own game so I listened to the Sirius XM feed on the way to the game, but I only had time for the first period.

I was always at odds with the Sabres growing up, for mostly dumb reasons, but I hope they can pull one out while he's still around. All their fans deserve it too. They're loyal as hell to that franchise, and the franchise hasn't done much to earn that.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Not only that, but listening to the hosts read out commercials (especially with weird topics) is just awkward. Do people really want to hear Andrew Fillipponi read commercials about erectile dysfunction medication? 105.9 does the same thing with their hosts reading about Pittsburgh strip clubs, and an amazing way to prevent me from going to a strip club is listening to Mark Madden advocate for them :laugh:

It's ED pills, strip clubs, HVAC, and FanDuel. I really shouldn't listen. I wish Sirius had some sort of local sports talk.

And now gonna have to listen to Chris I-only-self-deprecate Mueller and Paul uhhhhherggffhhhhhhhehhhhh Ziese.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Madden I would trust about which glazed donuts are best. But hockey info, lol nah.

Madden is alright, knows the game, but says dome dumb shit I roll my eyes at.

In late January or early Feb of 2017, he was hardcore arguing with a caller that Guentzel wasn't NHL ready and needed to stay down in the A.... Kunitz was blah blah and a better choice, robble robble robble.

It was one of the few times he said something so stupid I got mad and changed the channel because it was such nonsense.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I know, that's what's grinding my gears here. :laugh: I get that the reasoning behind the trade seems to have been "trade for depth and get players that Sullivan will actually play", but I just haven't really seen Sheary show too many flashes of that former chemistry to make it worthwhile, and Rodrigues isn't showing that he's better than what we already have in the WB/S kids.

Well to be fair I think Sully likes him because he's a penalty drawing machine. He's got have like 4 of them in his short tenure here.

Is there a way to look this stat up?

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

In late January or early Feb of 2017, he was hardcore arguing with a caller that Guentzel wasn't NHL ready and needed to stay down in the A.... Kunitz was blah blah and a better choice, robble robble robble.

It was one of the few times he said something so stupid I got mad and changed the channel because it was such nonsense.

The A was Jake’s ***** from like day 1 if I recall correctly.

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Same nonsense in Columbus. ED infomercials on-air and all.

But there is a commercial that says "open 24/7, except on Sunday, 'cause it's the right thing to do" and it makes me want to jam a screwdriver into my ears.

I do think Columbus has some pretty solid sports talk, though, overall. Hockey leaves a lot to be desires, but that's expected. Torts has a really good segment though.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Re the PP - I know it goes through phases of looking wonky, but even when wonky its dangerous and I'd like them to just trust the good unit they have more. Through 50 minutes of play, Rust-Horny-Sid-Geno-Tanger have a 10.73 g/60 and that's only .5 higher than xGF so not unsustainable at all. That unit works. I know it'll have bad games but stop messing with it.

Well to be fair I think Sully likes him because he's a penalty drawing machine. He's got have like 4 of them in his short tenure here.

Yeah, NST measures it, but apparently Rodrigues has drawn none as a Penguin. Bjugstad's drawn 4 in only 11 games though which is nice.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007

Madden is a self preserver. Does he get more intel/sound bites from beating down Kunitz to prop up Jake? His allegiances will always lie with the vets in the locker room, right or wrong.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012

SKATR has him in 92nd percentile, so yes, pretty good. Pretty average at most other IMPORTANT things.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
If you were wondering what Sheary + Crosby's defence looks like since they've been together.......

Yeah this is a HUGE problem.

shearco92

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Rodrigues’ analytics are sparkling for his usage so far here.

I think his face-off ability is key here. Put him on the left of TB and you have a great 1/2 tandem, and Rod is a RHS which helps for either dot being one will probably dominate one or the other. In time he could surpass ZAR on the depth chart.

Not liking the move, but I understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->