Post-Game Talk: Pens/Sabres: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Plus

++++ Murray: If you missed this game, just watch a quick recap. You will see about 5-6 amazing saves with piss poor defense. He put a hell of a show on. #1 star by a mile.

+++ Hornqvist: This guy just scores dirty goals when dirty goals are needed. I cannot even imagine where we are without Hornqvist. I seriously wonder if we win b2b cups without Hornqvist. I am going to say no way.

++ Dumo: This team is massively different w/ Dumo and Marino. It's not even close.

+ Bjugs/Pets: I put these 2 together because they aren't having a great year, but tonight was a solid effort. And that is promising to me. These 2 need to elevate for the Pens to be successful. I was very encouraged by their play tonight.

+ Geno, Rust, Zucker: I hate putting 3 players together but I'd be repeating myself. I think all 3 played fantastic. Geno was flying around. Rusty was doing what he does best. Zucker is showing to be VERY high skilled and racks up points. The guy just produces. I actually thought he deserved a 2nd assist tonight that was given to Schultz.

Minus

------- Team Defense: Yikes. What the f*** is going on. Team defense is what really started our push in November/December. It disappeared. It needs to come back. We are swinging around instead of stop/starting. Staring/watching instead of continuing to support.

- PP1: I get that they scored, but they give up a SHG and it doesn't look good. It looks like where it ended last year almost dead last in the playoffs. Needs to be better.

- 8 Giveaways. We are constantly giving the puck up. Need to clean it up. Too many cute passes. I know we want to control the puck, but soft dump-ins are not some virus. We need to add it in here/there to push defense back.

Players who need a little pick me up

Now this part will be something new. Here is a list of players who just need to pick it up every so slightly. I don't think they are playing bad. They just have another gear that we will need.
- Tanev
- Schultz
- Letang
- McCann

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
tenor.gif

Moose, Horny and Geno one this one, especially Moose.

Haters can suck it!

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Playing Crosby in the closing minutes of a game you are ahead is beyond stupid.

Great game by Murr. Had a good showing and team held to opposition to 2.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Playing Crosby in the closing minutes of a game you are ahead is beyond stupid.

Great game by Murr. Had a good showing and team held to opposition to 2.

I used to think that, too, but then it made a lot of sense when I heard some NHLers talk about it. Stars want to pad stats and want to be out there. You can't just sit them in bubbles.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Thank you @ColePens for not going full onto the "YAY" train after this game. The team defense was a disgrace. Way too many guys focused on flopping around out there as opposed to structure. SID of all people have a complete "controller disconnect" moment on Skinner with a minute left was a joke.

Thankfully Murray was up to the task. +++++++ for him.

++Bjugstad is better than a whipping boy, people.

++/- Geno

++++Gotta say that Jack Eichel is just an outstanding player who is wasted on Buffalo. I don't want the Pens to tank after Crosby/Malkin leave...but that is the kind of player you can get if you tank.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Pens finally got a big game from their goalie, it's been a long time since that happened.

Pens should also send a thank you card to Buffalo for starting Johansson over the Pens killer Hutton, Johansson was terrible, It could of been a very different game against Hutton.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Pens finally got a big game from their goalie, it's been a long time since that happened.

Pens should also send a thank you card to Buffalo for starting Johansson over the Pens killer Hutton, Johansson was terrible, It could of been a very different game against Hutton.

That was a stipulation by JR when they got Kahun.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I said last game I’d be looking at the D minutes...and Sully sees what we do...Letang, Dumo and Marino with big minutes, 19+....Petts,JJ and Schultz playing about 16 minutes each...clear split on who he trusts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad