Post-Game Talk: Pens/Rangers: Cut & Paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
I wouldn't move him off this team now. I would wait until the off season.

Which is why I'm saying I move off Dumoulin over Pettersson and Matheson. Because Dumoulin likely has value. We probably give Petts away and Matheson costs us.

I don't even want to think what our defense without Dumolin would be like long term... He's been easily our best defensive D-men (which is not saying much, I know) for the last 3-4 some years.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Close.. :laugh: I'd get a glass of tequila, or bourbon/whiskey and then a red bull on the side.
Depends on the Tequila, if we’re talking Don Julio ‘42, Clase Azul Repo, or the Grand Mayan Ultra, sure. I can’t stomach most Tequila’s.

At the very least, Cazadores Reposado.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I don't even want to think what our defense without Dumolin would be like long term... He's been easily our best defensive D-men (which is not saying much, I know) for the last 3-4 some years.

He's been awful for the last year + from my eye test and I own a Dumo jersey. Plus he's about to hit 30.

Exactly. Dumo WAS really good. Then his foot exploded. And he hasn't looked great since. Now he has another LBI.

If you lose your wheels you are useless every day as a skater.

Add to that his age and uh, I wouldnt go out of my way to KEEP him.

Reactions: Dominance

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
9 games this year. Lowest goals against/game? 2. They're allowing 3+ every other game.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I've always thought he was overrated, but his impact was positive until this season.

Dumo used to be a "steadying" presence compared to...well, his partner. Lacking the operatic highs and the sheer level of 5-on-5 impact, but...you felt better with him out there. Now? He's looked skittish and decidedly not stable and steady out there. His decision making with the puck is mystifying.

I'd of course love to have him right now because our D is so short-handed but with Petts and Riikola (+Matheson maybe) in addition to POJ? Would have no qualms with moving on.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
When we called our defense AHL defense, I think we were just predicting the future rather than criticizing the actual defense.

Reactions: Peat

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
The bottom 6 plays with heart and are actually fun to watch. I kinda get excited whenever they hit they ice because of the energy they bring
I'm still nowhere near over my man-crush on Tanev. And O'Conner was fun to watch today. He hustled hard and did a respectable "net front" Horny imitation. He's going to start scoring if he can stick in the lineup.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
The 2nd person back after Riikola would be Matheson, for me anyway.

POJ, Marino
Matheson, Ceci
Riikola, Weber

Lol, that looks so bad but also an improvement given the current state.

The crazy thing is we still somehow found a way to steal a point out of Boston and win tonight needing to use our 9th, 10th, and even a man off the street in tonight's game. This team has a lot of heart.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Also despite the results on the PK, they played really aggressive tonight and like they cared and it was nice to see

The entire PK that led to the Panarin goal late in the second was a masterclass in what not to do. It was the softest PK I'd seen in years.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
As ...weirdly they've played so far, they're 5-1-1 in their last 7 games. That's pretty neat!

f757fdc3b3307371867f1e5fdad2a9c7.jpg

Reactions: KareemTrustfund

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
When will a reporter ask what's going on with Guentzal? He's clearly still experiencing injury concerns evidenced by him playing like Kessel all over the ice.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I'm not sure Avs are looking for an LD. I was thinking Edmonton TBH.
I really do not think Edmonton could turn down Dumoulin.

We don’t really have many big holes in our lineup. I would aim for prospects who are very good bets be legitimate NHL-level contributors in a year or two. Inquire about Broberg, Bouchard, and Holloway, but if they are not interested to part with those guys - which is valid - I would ask for Samorukov and McLeod (and add later round picks if needed on our side).

McLeod could step in as 4C and Samorukov at 3LD next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad