Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
EkK80a7.png

CC @ColePens

I did NOT commission that, Sir. However, I accept this brilliant piece of art.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Crosby and Malkin. I don't care about the OT GWG. Pathetic performances again by both. 2 points between the two of them is a lot less that is expected from them.

Malkin basically gave away the reason when he said the "playing with no fans feels different" in his hypocrtitical "self-critical" rant. That's the point. They're at a point when they don't have it in them to motivate themserlves to perform at the expected level. They need external motivating factors, like fan suuport, to really put forth a decent effort. Pathetic and ridiculous, shame on them.

Stems from the previous point: PP. It's not even a clown show, it's much worse. These lazy "superstar" idiots are completely pooping all over themselves right now. At this rate, they chould better retire right now than keep on disgracing themselves and the franchise.

Letang. He isn't just an idiot, he's an idiot made of glass. His amount of unnecessary injuries is only surpassed bu the amount of his absolutely mind-boggling crucial mistakes that buried his team in key moments.

Are they "saving it" for playoffs? It's stuoid, because the way they are going there will be nothing to "save it" for. And besides, we have seen a few times in the past years how they were "saving it for the playoffs" only to turn out a complete useless np-show in the playoffs.

These three lazy idiots are costing the team too much. They are actively hurting the team. They are dumb unmotivated morons.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Crosby and Malkin. I don't care about the OT GWG. Pathetic performances again by both. 2 points between the two of them is a lot less that is expected from them.

Malkin basically gave away the reason when he said the "playing with no fans feels different" in his hypocrtitical "self-critical" rant. That's the point. They're at a point when they don't have it in them to motivate themserlves to perform at the expected level. They need external motivating factors, like fan suuport, to really put forth a decent effort. Pathetic and ridiculous, shame on them.

Stems from the previous point: PP. It's not even a clown show, it's much worse. These lazy "superstar" idiots are completely pooping all over themselves right now. At this rate, they chould better retire right now than keep on disgracing themselves and the franchise.

Letang. He isn't just an idiot, he's an idiot made of glass. His amount of unnecessary injuries is only surpassed bu the amount of his absolutely mind-boggling crucial mistakes that buried his team in key moments.

Are they "saving it" for playoffs? It's stuoid, because the way they are going there will be nothing to "save it" for. And besides, we have seen a few times in the past years how they were "saving it for the playoffs" only to turn out a complete useless np-show in the playoffs.

These three lazy idiots are costing the team too much. They are actively hurting the team. They are dumb unmotivated morons.

Did Sid and Geno refuse to sign an autograph or take a picture with you or something? I've never seen such vitriol directed at them consistently from someone claiming to be a "fan".

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
Did Sid and Geno refuse to sign an autograph or take a picture with you or something? I've never seen such vitriol directed at them consistently from someone claiming to be a "fan".

I have an opposite question: did they perfrom a fellatio or something on people who keep fervently praising and defending them and shifting the blame anywhere else no matter how badly they underperform (relative to their talent and salary) in particular games and playoff series, hurting their team as a result?

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Maybe sid and geno just aren’t that “good” anymore. Meaning that they aren’t playing like superstars and taking over games like we have been used to seeing over the years. The game is INSANELY fast now and it’s getting harder and harder for aging players to keep up, idc who you are it’s just part of the game. That doesn’t excuse both of their efforts tho, mainly crosby. That’s unacceptable. But I think it’s safe to say this year is probably our last year of being contenders in this league before we start to seriously rebuild.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Maybe sid and geno just aren’t that “good” anymore. Meaning that they aren’t playing like superstars and taking over games like we have been used to seeing over the years. The game is INSANELY fast now and it’s getting harder and harder for aging players to keep up, idc who you are it’s just part of the game. That doesn’t excuse both of their efforts tho, mainly crosby. That’s unacceptable. But I think it’s safe to say this year is probably our last year of being contenders in this league before we start to seriously rebuild.
They don't need to be brilliant, just good. There's enough talent around them to create offense. Goal scoring isn't our problem. We're middle pack right now in GF/G, despite getting slow starts from Zucker and Malkin. It could be better but it's not the core issue.

If you wanna talk contention, then the conversation has to start with puck management and defensive detail work. Oh and goaltending.
We'll score more when those things improve.

It's not like Sid and Geno were unbelievable offensively in 2017. Below their career averages in points. Sid only had 8 goals in 24 games. They won anyway.
Why? The forwards backchecked, blocked shots, supported breakouts and marked their checks. The defensemen were decisive with their clearing and outlets. We got AMAZING goaltending and we had players still buying into Sullivan's message.
There was a fair amount of luck, and we got a ridiculous playoff from Jake.

It can be done with the personnel the Pens have. It's a matter of will power and getting a new coach. I don't think they want it enough anymore though. It's just way too often that they only try their best for 20-30 minutes. Every game it seems. Happened recently against the Rags in the 3rd. It took them being down with the clock running out to focus and stop being stupid with the puck. The Pens believe it's OK to just feel things out in the 1st and 2nd, and hope for the best. Turn it up later if they need to.

What they're doing right now is not sustainable. The luck will run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->