Pittsburgh
I'm in agreeance mate.

My man! Suits and drinks on me.

Moss-bros-514300.jpg

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think Dumo still has a good reputation in league circles and could fetch more than that.

If we got Petts and Riikola back (also Matheson if he's OK) I wouldn't hesitate to just move him now if the team still needs a shakeup.

We'll see on Matheson. If he's good that's nice. If he's bad, that contract will be crippling. Interestingly Rutherford finding new employment could give us a possible outlet for the Matheson contract.

I wouldn't move him off this team now. I would wait until the off season.

Which is why I'm saying I move off Dumoulin over Pettersson and Matheson. Because Dumoulin likely has value. We probably give Petts away and Matheson costs us.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
TBH, I dump Dumoulin over Petts or Matheson this off season.

Get a 2nd or something back for him.

POJ, Petts, Matheson and Riikola would be solid enough LD and Matheson probably costs a lot to move or get Seattle to bite on.
I don't know if I make anyone untouchable on this defense at this moment in time. I know I like Marino and POJ but the rest it's varying degrees of what the f***.

Dumoulin is sitting at the top of that list.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@ZorkEnchanter

Pic 1 - you have 2 guys pressuring the least dangerous area for a PK. One of which getting sucked in way too low AND gives up the d-side of the puck as he's against the boards.

Pic 2 - FOUR GUYS covering f***ing 3 guys. :laugh: Duplication! Sucked in way too low and LOOK HOW IT LEAVES A WIDE OPEN LANE. You couldn't ask for a better picture to show opening up a lane. This is a clear example of what I mean. Why do we duplicate coverage. We are opening up more space for the opposition.

Pic 3 - We start pressuring from so far away. See my last response on selective pressure. That dude taking the puck from the furthest point is not a threat. Keep containment and push him outside, don't push him to the middle of the ice. We keep pushing middlle of the ice. I think they are trying to force the opposing powerplay to teh weak side, but they can't do it.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I don't know if I make anyone untouchable on this defense at this moment in time. I know I like Marino and POJ but the rest it's varying degrees of what the f***.

Dumoulin is sitting at the top of that list.

I think Petts and Riikola were both good this year before their injuries. Certainly we'd be better for having them out there right now.

Also Ceci has been decent depth.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
TBH, I dump Dumoulin over Petts or Matheson this off season.

Get a 2nd or something back for him.

POJ, Petts, Matheson and Riikola would be solid enough LD and Matheson probably costs a lot to move or get Seattle to bite on.

It should be interesting. I will wait and see how Matheson plays before making any judgements on future lineup decisions. If Matheson does play well his skating will be another nice add to this mobile defense that literally could make almost a full rebuild with 26 or younger defenseman in literally less than two years if this happens.

POJ-Letang
Pettersson-Marino
Matheson-Ceci

Honestly the way Ceci has played lately I wouldn't mind him as our 6th defenseman on a cheap deal. 6 games 1 goal and 3 points and a plus 1 and has played better with getting more time. Last two games having top 3 time on ice and has 1 goal and an assist and plus 3 in those two games when playing the hard minutes.

As of now all of Rutherford's moves this off-season seem to be working with addition of Kapanen looking like a steal even at that cost. O'Connor and Jankowski looking like a big strong 4th line additions for free. Ceci looking like a solid addition for free with playing monster minutes the last two games and in those games stepping up with 1 goal and an assist and plus 3. With those games he is now one of the few plus players on the team with 6 games played 1 goal 3 points and plus 1. Now we just need to get Matheson healthy and see if he can do well to give him a perfect score this summer.

When you look at Rutherford's work starting in the middle of 2019 starting with the Pettersson deal Rutherford has really added a lot of talent to the team with Pettersson, POJ, Marino, Kapanen, Zucker, Tanev, McCann, and O'Connor. Many are steals or are free assets. I also still think Matheson might end up doing well with this team also. Let's cross our fingers.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I really want to like POJ, but it's like... can't you at least have one last name?

It's like that scene in the Green Acres pilot when the main character is introducing himself to the people in his new town:
-"The name's Douglas. Oliver Wendall Douglas."
-"You have enough names for two fellas."

He does in fact have one last name :dunno:

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think Petts and Riikola were both good this year before their injuries. Certainly we'd be better for having them out there right now.

Also Ceci has been decent depth.
I do like Riikola, I am low key hoping he recovers the fastest so he can be back and get in minutes and prove his worth when they have no choice but to play him before the other LHD’s are back.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I wouldn't move him off this team now. I would wait until the off season.

Which is why I'm saying I move off Dumoulin over Pettersson and Matheson. Because Dumoulin likely has value. We probably give Petts away and Matheson costs us.

POJ is the one good thing about all these defensman injuries. If we didn't have all of them POJ wouldn't of gotten his shot to prove he is NHL ready. Now if Matheson could get healthy and prove he can fit our system Dumoulin could be gone. It will be very interesting to see who plays when everyone gets healthy. POJ definitely has a spot at LD. Matheson better come back before the other LD's and play well or he might not get in the lineup. For example if Pettersson gets back first I don't see how Matheson gets in the lineup unless we get an injury. Ceci also looks like he is going to take that last RD spot the way he is stepping up with these big minutes. Ruhwedel will be back to the bench. Who is expected back first of these injured defenseman?

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I'm very happy for POJ.

I still don't know what to make of this team, but they don't give up. Except when they do, but in bonus hockey time, they're a force to be reckoned with.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I do like Riikola, I am low key hoping he recovers the fastest so he can be back and get in minutes and prove his worth when they have no choice but to play him before the other LHD’s are back.

I want it to be Matheson because if he can prove he can do well that makes us much stronger and with great depth. These injuries proved POJ is NHL ready and if Matheson can prove he can do well in our system that makes us the best possible group with his skating.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm not sure Avs are looking for an LD. I was thinking Edmonton TBH.
I forgot they went and signed Toews in addition to having Girard and Graves.

Oilers have Nurse, Jones and Klefbom is on LTIR but next year that could be a problem. I would want to move Dumoulin for the purpose of not taking back another contract unless it was a prospect, Edmonton would surely try to dump Larsson or something else, maybe some trash like Russell.

Honestly, I don’t care where Dumoulin goes, if we can get a 2nd and a prospect for him, I’ll take that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I want it to be Matheson because if he can prove he can do well that makes us much stronger and with great depth. These injuries proved POJ is NHL ready and if Matheson can prove he can do well in our system that makes us the best possible group with his skating.
The 2nd person back after Riikola would be Matheson, for me anyway.

POJ, Marino
Matheson, Ceci
Riikola, Weber

Lol, that looks so bad but also an improvement given the current state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad