Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Rangers 4/8/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Of course everyone is good but the Rangers. Honestly I'm done with this garbage. Go root for another team.
Holy cow, when the Rangers are good in time, some other teams will be shit. that is how it works! They are competing for the final spot (not the cup, not a deep run). That is where they should be, COMPETING for the final spot. They won't make it, but they aren't Devils/Buff tier.

Reactions: LOFIN

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Inconsistency is fine. What’s not fine is poor effort. When the kids have a shit game you can understand. But Zibby, Kreids, trouba, panarin, etc all we’re terrible. With shitty efforts to boot. Zibby and Chytil missing wide open nets was a signal this game was gonna be in the toilet. Smith at least fought. Shesty was not sharp. He kept the game at 3-1 lone enough to try and mount a comeback. I don’t care if we lose. I do when it looks like playing the game is an inconvenience for multi millionaire players. When we lost to the capitals at least you saw effort.

Not making excuses but I honestly think the vaccines may have had something to do with that. I got my first vaccine last week and felt like crap for a day.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Holy cow, when the Rangers are good in time, some other teams will be shit. that is how it works! They are competing for the final spot (not the cup, not a deep run). That is where they should be, COMPETING for the final spot. They won't make it, but they aren't Devils/Buff tier.

They're not competing for the final spot, if they were within 2-4 points prorated for equal games I wouldn't be complaining. With a great coach they'd be comfortably in the playoffs, with an average coach it would be a dog fight with Boston. Instead they're barely better than the Devils.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
0554hHz.jpg

I'm not going to say anything.
You would think that when Mika is actually hurting us, he might want to give more minutes to another line with some jump?

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
So, uh, this Frederick Gaudreau guy, you know the one that went 10 for f***ing 11 on faceoffs tonight, is a UFA after the season. Would look awfully nice in our bottom six next year.

I know people will continue to claim that faceoffs don’t matter, but they certainly do when you are the worst team in the league at them.

Not saying that’s why they lost tonight. You knew the Penguins were going to win this game today. But if we’re talking about conceptual upgrades to the roster, it starts there for me.

Or maybe that’s the second issue I look to address, after fixing the third pair, which hopefully is something that can be handled internally.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Our goal differential is propped up by us smashing Phila twice and Pitt once. It is an illusion.

Trotz couldh't slide in, this year, and make this a playoff team. He could mold it in a year or two to compete hard everynight, but no, we are not better than anyone in front of us.

Most teams GD is skewed by 2-3 games. You going to also discount the games we lost 6-1 and 5-0? A +19 is still impressive for a team that won't make the playoffs.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
So, uh, this Frederick Gaudreau guy, you know the one that went 10 for f***ing 11 on faceoffs tonight, is a UFA after the season. Would look awfully nice in our bottom six next year.

I know people will continue to claim that faceoffs don’t matter, but they certainly do when you are the worst team in the league at them.

Not saying that’s why they lost tonight. You knew the Penguins were going to win this game today. But if we’re talking about conceptual upgrades to the roster, it starts there for me.

Or maybe that’s the second issue I look to address, after fixing the third pair, which hopefully is something that can be handled internally.
While I do not totally disagree,

Maybe if the Rangers centers tried to win the face-offs they'd be better at it?

I've seen barely less effort from my dog trying to pick up his own poop.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Most teams GD is skewed by 2-3 games. You going to also discount the games we lost 6-1 and 5-0? A +19 is still impressive for a team that won't make the playoffs.

If you take away all of the games we played well but keep all of the games we played poorly and fail to make the same adjustments for other teams the Rangers suck. :rolleyes:

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
They're not competing for the final spot, if they were within 2-4 points prorated for equal games I wouldn't be complaining. With a great coach they'd be comfortably in the playoffs, with an average coach it would be a dog fight with Boston. Instead they're barely better than the Devils.
This year is much more frustrating to you than it is for me, I can tell you that much.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Terrible decision by Gorton because the team had a nice run and he played well for a while. Maybe if they kept Miller, Hayes, or Zucc I'd get it. Instead somehow the worst of those players was kept.
It was a bad decision to extend Kreider mid season. After that we win Laf and boom... Now we have a logjam on the wings with one of those logs being Kreider. And based on this seasons performance he should be the odd man out....

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Not making excuses but I honestly think the vaccines may have had something to do with that. I got my first vaccine last week and felt like crap for a day.
Yea I got both. Still went to work outside in 30 degrees. It usually takes 10-15 hours for most side effects except sore arm. I’d buy it more if it was everyone. But it didn’t seem to affect fox, Blackwell, lindgren, Kravstov , etc. it’s been a common theme with this team. They show up for half games, quarter of games, and many times like tonight not at all. Like I said the loss isn’t the thing that pisses me off. It’s the effort especially from our vets. If it is the Vax, tomorrow is going to be a real shit show then

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It was a bad decision to extend Kreider mid season. After that we win Laf and boom... Now we have a logjam on the wings with one of those logs being Kreider. And based on this seasons performance he should be the odd man out....

Is there any chance we can trade him and retain 50%?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

The Girl Scouts would own the rangers at the dot. I’m convinced they never practice face offs. Ever

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
They should explore whether or not Kreider is willing to waive while he still has some value.

Also move Zibanejad before his contract runs out.

I know the team doesn't want to go scorched earth, but they're honestly not helping us that much anyway at this point.
Agreed. Especially Zibanejad. Think we are stuck with Kreider, and at least he could be placed on the 3rd line behind Panarin and Lafreniere in the not too distant future. Not ideal but it is what it is.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

The had to trade him or extend him and they chose to extend him. I really don't get the hate for the guy. He is streaky and disappears in some games but he still usually winds up with 25 goals a year and has 17 in 39 this year. Thats 35 goals over a full 82 game season. He also carried the team when Mika was playing like ass and Panarin was captured by the KGB.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad