Post-Game Talk: Pens @ Rangers 4/8/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
So is the the part where we give up and say it's over then somehow beat the Isles twice and the Devils 4 straight?

Reactions: will1066

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
You can't tell me this team is just so bad that they're this insanely inconsistent especially when we see how they look at times like they did the last game against the Caps. We have two top 10 players and three top 30 players on this team (last year Mika was obviously better so I dropped him some) and a top 10 at worst goalie. This is all on that absolute abortion of a coach that we have.
It's both. Teams that are in playoff position are complete, veteran, experienced, GOOD teams top to bottom with a good coaching staff and a decent gameplan. Rangers are not that.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Another reminder...we put up 8 goals against them two nights ago. They're a top 10 team in the league, was anyone expecting a win?

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Another reminder...we put up 8 goals against them two nights ago. They're a top 10 team in the league, was anyone expecting a win?
Imagine rushing to get your family a test or fully vaxxed for the privilege to pay 400 dollars to see that botched abortion that was tonight's effort.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's both. Teams that are in playoff position are complete, veteran, experienced, GOOD teams top to bottom with a good coaching staff and a decent gameplan. Rangers are not that.

More teams make the playoffs than miss them. Sure there are some teams that have it all and make the playoffs like Tampa, but you can't tell me that because we have some warts this team roster-wise is not good enough to make the playoffs. Outside of Tampa and Colorado where are all of these perfect playoff teams? Sure our depth isn't great but other teams have good depth without the high end talent (like the Rangers were for like a decade and made the playoffs).

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
More teams make the playoffs than miss them. Sure there are some teams that have it all and make the playoffs like Tampa, but you can't tell me that because we have some warts this team roster-wise is not good enough to make the playoffs. Outside of Tampa and Colorado where are all of these perfect playoff teams? Sure our depth isn't great but other teams have good depth without the high end talent (like the Rangers were for like a decade and made the playoffs).
That is exactly what I am saying. Our "warts"=no playoffs. Other teams that make the playoffs = less warts. We have huge warts dude. HUGE. 55% of the team are literal infants. This roster is not (and has not been for years) good enough to make the playoffs yet. I know we root for these guys and want them to succeed, and we put our prospects and players on pedestals, but they just aren't that good yet. I hate to admit it, but that's the truth.

Quinn sucks too.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
KK has MORE than earned a look on the 1s line. Put Buch w/ Strome and Bread and VK with Fil and Laf I guess, but looks like he needs a few days off. Get Goat in over Howden and let them all try and gel for a week without panic blendering the lines.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I went in with no expectations, actually I'm lying... I expected a slow start.

Continuing the trend of starting flat and incapable of doing anything cleanly with the puck. Our gameplan Panarin didn't work today. Missed two empty nets. I should just turn off the game, if their first period looks like that. It really is infuriating to watch...

Reactions: Slaydagnar

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
0554hHz.jpg

I'm not going to say anything.
Me neither. :clittle:

upload_2021-4-8_22-10-28.png

Reactions: TheDirtyH

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
What’s the over-under on how long it takes Kravtsov to register a point?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That is exactly what I am saying. Our "warts"=no playoffs. Other teams that make the playoffs = less warts. We have huge warts dude. HUGE. 55% of the team are literal infants.

Our warts is that we don't have a good third line and third pairing, I guess Miller has had his bad games. Other teams have more warts than that. The Rangers' top level skill is higher than the top level skill than they had most of Hank's years when they were making the playoffs.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Why is Georgiev playing tomorrow and not Kinkaid? Kinkaid has been a better goalie this year.
I'm going to be the Lt. Speirs for you on this one: the sooner you accept we are out of the playoffs, the sooner you can start acting like a rational fan.

What does it matter, who is the goalie instead of Igor? If we have Kinkaid or Georgiev on the net, our skaters need to play exceptionally well. How much do you trust on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad