Proposal: Pens - Oilers Trade

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Oiler fan coming in peace:

I can see the Oilers looking to move one of Yakupov, Hall or Eberle; however, it's not going to be for a prospect/pick. If any of those players are moved, it will be for a player that can step into the line-up and make an impact.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Oiler fan coming in peace:

I can see the Oilers looking to move one of Yakupov, Hall or Eberle; however, it's not going to be for a prospect/pick. If any of those players are moved, it will be for a player that can step into the line-up and make an impact.

We know, this thread is just full of fantasy :laugh:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I can think of a lot of Penguins who I'd be willing to part with for Hall and who would step into their lineup and make an impact.

I doubt they'd trade Hall. He's their best player. If one of the forwards gets traded it will be Yakupov or Eberle.

I said earlier that I'd give them Orpik, a D prospect of their choice, and a pick for Yakupov. Orpik would be a huge help for their defense right now. I mean, even Niskanen would be a help for their defense right now.

Obviously the rest of the top four (Letang, Martin, Scuds) would be off limits for Yakupov. I don't think that a forward would be what they'd be looking for in return, but outside of Sid/Geno/Beau/Neal they could take any one they wanted for all I care.

If Hall was available it would take Martin++ and I don't think that would help us become a better team at all.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
A Derrick Pouliot + Dupuis and a second pick could land you Yakupov right
If i was the Oilers i wouldn't do that. 2nd round pick typically amounts to nothing, Dupuis is 34, and Pouliot while talented is definitely not a sure thing.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
What does Orpik, Dupuis, and Depres land us?

Pens need to move salary and need wings.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They may have Niskanen if they retain part of Yakupov's salary. Niskanen is tied with Malkin in points and goals, tied with Crosby and Malkin for assists, and leads the team in +/-. They'd be lucky if we traded. :sarcasm:

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
While I seriously doubt a trade for Yakupov is even possible (unless Shero does some trade black magic) I find the idea of him playing for the Penguins intriguing. He seems like a good kid and an exciting talent. It may be good for his development to be playing with mature superstars he can aspire to versus ones in his age group.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
At one time Stamkos was in this same position. Give the kid some time before you send him off for a couple roster players.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I would love nothing more than some youthful skilled players in the top 6, Beau should be there and Yakupov would be awesome with Geno or Sid. But...that sort of thing, getting a kid like Yakupov is EA sports type of fantasy. I don't see the Oilers giving up on him just yet, they'll either keep trying and he turns out well or they ruin the kid like Paajarvi and trade him.

Yes...trade a 1st overall pick with unreal talent for a "D" prospect and a 2nd that I'm pretty sure we do not have....never gonna happen, unless of course you're willing to give up Pouliot...and they'll probably ask for a forward in return

Pens don't have another Pouliot type, I would say it's pretty safe to say he's untouchable for now.

I think there could be something plausible here, but our entire team philosophy would have to alter in order for Shero and co. to want something like this.

Yakupov doesn't know how to 'grind dem *****es down', so it's a problem.

This organization values Tanner Glass more than Nail Yakupov.

Um, no. Just...no. :help:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So...Oilers liked what they saw and trading Yakupov for Niskanen and Engo.

I'd gladly do something like the Oilers 2nd + Yakupov for Jeffrey, Despres and the Pens 1st.

Then move Engelland for another pick (hopefully a 3rd at least) now or closer to the deadline.

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Something like Niskanen & Jeffrey for Gazdic & Jones would be intriguing. Don't know if picks one way or the other are appropriate, but consider them for arguments sake I guess.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Luke Gazdic would not fit the penguin's roster. He is too big and tough. He doesn't have a degree from an Ivy-league school either. He does not reach Dan Bylsma's expectation in a fourth-line winger.

KHstrike

Apr 23, 2012
I'm definitely intrigued by the thought of Yak on the Pens, but it's too soon for them to give up on him.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
If the Pens want Yakupov...the Oilers will want Maatta.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Good thing we have a ******** of young D-Men.

Well, that's what they're there for, to be traded. Real question for me is whether Yakopov fits the third line, because there wouldn't be any place on the first, second, or fourth. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad