Pre-Game Talk: Pens Oilers at 6 PM on a Monday night. Thanks NHL Schedule Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Hey Gary!!!!!

Everyone that wants to watch Connor McDavid should have to watch him when we watch him which is 7 or 730 PM on a weeknight there Gary. And its 7 PM on weekends with NO matinees because we suck at them.

We dont give a flying f*** if Torontonians want to watch him at their prime time or the Martians which we know are hiding just under the subsurface strata layer up there want to watch him at their prime time, or even that old hippy drunk Santa Clause living in every time zone on the planet.

Edmonton Oiler games should start and Edmonton-centric times. Its OUR Connor McDavid. Not YOUR Connor McDavid.

Now f*** off and go fix your shitty schedule which has us starting at every other f***ing time other than the one WE want.

Asshat.

Now that I have that off my chest...Pens are scoring better than 5 goals per game (5.2) which is 5.2g/60 (just a little advanced stat there for your enjoyment). Their offence is pretty much locked and loaded whereas Woody keeps dropping the gun right before face-off and doesn't load it until sometime in the 2nd and last game all he had were blanks.

This is a game we have to show up on time with bells on in every facet of the game and if Kulak falls over again get him training skates.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Hey Gary!!!!!

Everyone that wants to watch Connor McDavid should have to watch him when we watch him which is 7 or 730 PM on a weeknight there Gary. And its 7 PM on weekends with NO matinees because we suck at them.

We dont give a flying f*** if Torontonians want to watch him at their prime time or the Martians which we know are hiding just under the subsurface strata layer up there want to watch him at their prime time, or even that old hippy drunk Santa Clause living in every time zone on the planet.

Edmonton Oiler games should start and Edmonton-centric times. Its OUR Connor McDavid. Not YOUR Connor McDavid.

Now f*** off and go fix your shitty schedule which has us starting at every other f***ing time other than the one WE want.

Asshat.

Now that I have that off my chest...Pens are scoring better than 5 goals per game (5.2) which is 5.2g/60 (just a little advanced stat there for your enjoyment). Their offence is pretty much locked and loaded whereas Woody keeps dropping the gun right before face-off and doesn't load it until sometime in the 2nd and last game all he had were blanks.

This is a game we have to show up on time with bells on in every facet of the game and if Kulak falls over again get him training skates.
You might need a Snickers Bar (but I agree with you)

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Hey Gary!!!!!

Asshat.

I think 6PM is a perfectly excellent start time; I think more Eastern weekend games should start at 6PM too so hockey night can get started earlier and the "late game" doesnt have to go til 11. Win Win for everyone. Pick up a pizza and a 6 pack on the way home from work and enjoy.

If it was a 5 o clock start that would suck but its not and earlier starts (up to a certain limit of course) are better across the NHL.

I do admit there are a lot of Edmontonians who like 745 starts for some reason becaude they work late and they want to get home in a leisurely fashion cook dinner for the family put on their wig and make up and hit up the bars for wings and beers first and then grab a late 2nd supper and dessert and then head to the arena and then get some beers and appetizers and hang out with some friends and then watch warm up and then then make some work phone calls and grab another beer and then get some 50 50 tickets and then get back to their loge seating and then make anothwr drink order and then be all set and ready in time to watch the land dedication video before the anthems. But I have to admit I have a lot more sympathy for Eastern fans who regularly stay up to 1AM and later on worknights just to see their team play.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think 6PM is a perfectly excellent start time; I think more Eastern weekend games should start at 6PM too so hockey night can get started earlier and the "late game" doesnt have to go til 11. Win Win for everyone. Pick up a pizza and a 6 pack on the way home from work and enjoy.

If it was a 5 o clock start that would suck but its not and earlier starts (up to a certain limit of course) are better across the NHL.

I do admit there are a lot of Edmontonians who like 745 starts for some reason becaude they work late and they want to get home in a leisurely fashion cook dinner for the family put on their wig and make up and hit up the bars for wings and beers first and then grab a late 2nd supper and dessert and then head to the arena and then get some beers and appetizers and hang out with some friends and then watch warm up and then then make some work phone calls and grab another beer and then get some 50 50 tickets and then get back to their loge seating and then make anothwr drink order and then be all set and ready in time to watch the land dedication video before the anthems. But I have to admit I have a lot more sympathy for Eastern fans who regularly stay up to 1AM and later on worknights just to see their team play.

So exactly what is wrong with a 2nd supper…..?

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I learned today my credit card got breached somewhere and it was used to purchase $600 in airline tickets in Montreal a few days ago. I went to use it and it was declined...looked up online banking on the spot and seen there was also a 1 cent charge in Las Vegas, which was then refunded. I'm presuming that's when RBC locked the card. I get to wait for hours on end waiting for their security and fraud dept to call back.
that's brutal.
someone stole 10 000 PC points from me, not sure how that happened, unfortunately there isn't a number I can call for that :(

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
that's brutal.
someone stole 10 000 PC points from me, not sure how that happened, unfortunately there isn't a number I can call for that :(

Yeah it sucks. We'll get it refunded back, it's just the major inconvenience of it plus having to set up some auto payments with the new card. I even have the transaction alerts set up and I haven't been getting them even though all the switches are on in the app.

That's $10 in free groceries...strange how that happened and they don't have a fraud dept setup for that? You'd think PC Financial would.

Reactions: booyakasha

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Yeah it sucks. We'll get it refunded back, it's just the major inconvenience of it plus having to set up some auto payments with the new card. I even have the transaction alerts set up and I haven't been getting them even though all the switches are on in the app.

That's $10 in free groceries...strange how that happened and they don't have a fraud dept setup for that? You'd think PC Financial would.
hopefully you get your $600 back, and they don't jerk you around too much.
my mom got scammed, and it's been an ongoing issue for close to 3 months now with Visa.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I love when games start this early. Matinees not so much, also the team doesn’t seem to get up for those either.

But I’m in Vancouver and I can get home in time for a 5pm game and it’s great. Grab some snacks or takeout on the way home, games starting just as I’m kicking off my jeans and sparking one up. Games done by 8 or so and I still have some time to myself to get my makeup and wig ready for 2nd dinner.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I love when games start this early. Matinees not so much, also the team doesn’t seem to get up for those either.

But I’m in Vancouver and I can get home in time for a 5pm game and it’s great. Grab some snacks or takeout on the way home, games starting just as I’m kicking off my jeans and sparking one up. Games done by 8 or so and I still have some time to myself to get my makeup and wig ready for 2nd dinner.
what?

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Hey Woodcroft Janmark should be playing ahead of Ryan Also Move Nuge to 3rd line so we have more offense there move Mcleod to Drai line so it has more speed
I agree but I don't think that's possible due to cap restrictions. I'd also like to see Hamblin come up here. He was really good in the pre season and I think he'd be hungry to prove himself if he got a chance. Hamblin and Janmark couldn't be worse then all the junk we currently have in the bottom 6.

Reactions: VainGretzky

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Hey Gary!!!!!

Asshat.

Agreed. A 6PM weekday start is brutal for those working normal hours, getting home in rush hour traffic, grabbing a bite to eat, and then heading off with your spouse to the game. Pretty much impossible to get there on time. So you end up having to leave work an hour early, or eat after the game.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Agreed. A 6PM weekday start is brutal for those working normal hours, getting home in rush hour traffic, grabbing a bite to eat, and then heading off with your spouse to the game. Pretty much impossible to get there on time. So you end up having to leave work an hour early, or eat after the game.
If you don't have time to eat before the game I hear there are cheap burgers at the rink!

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Man HFoil feels really quite this season. Last min GDT's....PGT's with 18 posts the day of the game.

Reactions: saucesaitl

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That the Oilers haven't taken advantage of a soft schedule so far this year is a bit concerning. Of course, they beat the one team I expected them to lose to.... This is still a good team but they need to start banking points now especially with a potentially scary November schedule staring them in the face. That the Knights might actually be good this year is another thing to be concerned about.

A win tonight would quell a lot of the 2018 feelings that seem to be perking up.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
That the Oilers haven't taken advantage of a soft schedule so far this year is a bit concerning. Of course, they beat the one team I expected them to lose to.... This is still a good team but they need to start banking points now especially with a potentially scary November schedule staring them in the face. That the Knights might actually be good this year is another thing to be concerned about.

A win tonight would quell a lot of the 2018 feelings that seem to be perking up.
Outside of being at home this has not been a soft schedule.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Canucks aside the combined record of the other four teams is 14-3-1 with a goal differential of +24 so that may not be as soft a schedule as you think.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton

Outside of Vancouver we have played exclusively playoff teams and with the exception of Pitt tonight they have all been teams that won a round as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad