Pre-Game Talk: Pens Oilers at 6 PM on a Monday night. Thanks NHL Schedule Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Interesting that Nemo is listed as the 3LD. Murray hasnt had a great start to the season.

Hopefully Edmonton has their work boots on tonight because Pittsburgh will stomp us into the ground if the Teams not ready to start the game.
So, Niemo isn't anything amazing but he HAS been the best #6 guy by a small margin IMO. I hear the odd slag of Niemo about his play but I rarely see him doing anything but good on our blueline.

Him getting benched for Drai's bad pass was criminal by the coaching staff.

I had hoped the days of vets getting playing time based off just being around longer was over with Tippet leaving but niemo has absolutely been shafted in comparison to Murray. Heck it would surprise me if the preference for Broberg was still there despite Niemo vastly out playing him.

After Murray has now missed on a couple grade AAA chances as well I wouldn't be surprised if given the green light couldn't do better.

He moves the puck better than credited. He hits better than anyone on our blueline. He is a very good skater. he is generally good positionally. He even managed to score a goal in preseason and has looked to my eye to be joining the rush with improved confidence.

I hope he gets a real chance, but so far he has been given the short end of the stick by management.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I wish Pulju would pop in a couple goals so we can see what he can actually do with some confidence offensively. Right now he's an extremely overpaid destroyer of plays for both teams in both zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad