Pre-Game Talk: Pens Oilers at 6 PM on a Monday night. Thanks NHL Schedule Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I agree but I don't think that's possible due to cap restrictions. I'd also like to see Hamblin come up here. He was really good in the pre season and I think he'd be hungry to prove himself if he got a chance. Hamblin and Janmark couldn't be worse then all the junk we currently have in the bottom 6.
Hey now...you may offend all the Puljulovers

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Not a fan of the 6:00 start time. Too early.
For me, I love the 7:30 or 8:00 start time. Allows time to get home, have dinner, take care of a few things around the house and settle in to watch the game.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Everybody talks about the defensive struggles and while that's reasonable, how about 1 freaking point TOTAL between Yamamoto, Puljujarvi and Foegele. That's $9m of dead cap space right there. You want to know why the Oilers are 2-3, look at those 3 as the three of the biggest reasons why. Kind of getting sick of them being no shows tbh. Trade them all for all I care.

Also what I find interesting is that Kulak is a +2 on the season. I find that shocking considering that the eye test doesn't match that, at all. One of several reasons why +/- is the end all be all.
On the other hand, Murray and Bouchard being a -4 DOES match the eye test. Brutal pairing thus far.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Woah... woah... woah... what is this... Fantasy Island? Did Christina Aguilera rub things just the right way and a Genie granted 3 wishes to HFOil?

We might get one of those up above if we are all very lucky and we are ALL on Santa's good boys and girls list... but getting all 3 is just Fairy Tales and would be like unlimited ice cream and skittles blown constantly from a unicorn's anus into our collective mouths (ie too much of a good thing to expect it to ever happen).

If all 3 of those happened in this game... 7 players likely get concussed in the next game just as a fair balancing by the Hockey Gods.

Maybe that's been our mistake, we've been rubbing Genie instead of Christina.

Everyone rub Christina!

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Between 1998 and 2014 I went to between 2-5 home games per year when I was in town and never saw them win once. I am far less concerned about this little bad stretch than I might have been in the past.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Everybody talks about the defensive struggles and while that's reasonable, how about 1 freaking point TOTAL between Yamamoto, Puljujarvi and Foegele. That's $9m of dead cap space right there. You want to know why the Oilers are 2-3, look at those 3 as the three of the biggest reasons why. Kind of getting sick of them being no shows tbh. Trade them all for all I care.

Also what I find interesting is that Kulak is a +2 on the season. I find that shocking considering that the eye test doesn't match that, at all. One of several reasons why +/- is the end all be all.
On the other hand, Murray and Bouchard being a -4 DOES match the eye test. Brutal pairing thus far.
6 pf our forwards have scored a goal and six have not scored a goal. I know its early but kind of how it rolls for the club.

Worse if you happen to be in topsix with generational players and not scoring any.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Hot goalies happen. I agree Buffalo was our best game. Teams don't always win when they play their best though. Otherwise, why play the games?

Its frustrating, but over the course of the season if they keep playing like they did against Buffalo they are going to win a lot of more games than they lose.

Im turning 37 this May and just this week I thought it was 2021. IM already at that point. especially with my anxiety disorder wrecking havoc on me this year and almost disabling me (lost my dad and dog this past year within 3 months of each other) So with all that stress I feel like ive aged 20 years in 6 months.
Hey Slick, sorry for your losses and how it’s been affecting you. As someone who has experienced mental illness in my life, I can’t encourage you enough to to seek medical assistance, if you have not done so.

There should be no negative stigma with afflictions like this. We live in troubling times and it can be overwhelming at the most basic of times, let alone when you experience other traumatic matters.

Never lose site of the fact that others are their to care and support you on these journeys. DM me anytime, if you need someone to listen.

All the best friend.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012

Great memories of watching this guy as an Oil King. Really the only guy from the 2014 Championship Run that ever went on to have sustained success. I think the only other one who might come close is Lazar, and he's basically a bust considering where he was drafted.

Reactions: ujju2

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
6 pf our forwards have scored a goal and six have not scored a goal. I know its early but kind of how it rolls for the club.

Worse if you happen to be in topsix with generational players and not scoring any.

I would be ok if they were generating something but they havent its just like playing a man down

Reactions: Drivesaitl

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not having high expectations tonight.
Pitts has been incredibly stingy and have been plastering teams with goals. Bad combo for us.

Reactions: Aerchon

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
This just came up on my twitter feed.
nothing to do with the game, but wanted to share because I thought it was cool!

That's awesome

Now I'm curious to see today's greats from the same sports in a 100m dash: McDavid vs Canelo Alvarez, Rafael Nadal and Cristiano Ronaldo

Reactions: booyakasha

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022

Not just them. Look at the bottom 6. When will we ever get a team where those guys contribute something. Too much deadweight

Yup Kulak looked bad here and there, but he is the only guy to now allow an ES goal

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Haha, Pens fans worried about starting slow. No need to worry about that, if they start in second gear, we'll start in first and if they start in neutral, we'll start in reverse...

I'm sure this will be a real barn burner though, this team usually gets up for Crosby and Co. I'd say a good old 6-5OT win coming up.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

It was Puljujarvi producing decently well the first half of last season while Yamamoto was the black hole then the roles switch with Yamamoto producing well down the stretch while Puljujarvi was the black hole.
Now, both are black holes but, even worse, they aren't even threatening most times.

Only 5 games in but both of these guys went from highly inconsistently to consistently.... bad. That's a lot of cap to be wasting on roster filler. Yamamoto coming back from injury might be playing a role as did Puljujarvi late last season but these guys need to start doing something....anything. I'm sure McDavid and Draisaitl are getting fed up with it. Holloway getting scapegoated by the coach then injured was a bad break early on, really needed that boost from somebody else.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Wondering if this team can start being more consistent in their games and start stringing together some wins. Esp being ready to play. 👀

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It was Puljujarvi producing decently well the first half of last season while Yamamoto was the black hole then the roles switch with Yamamoto producing well down the stretch while Puljujarvi was the black hole.
Now, both are black holes but, even worse, they aren't even threatening most times.

Only 5 games in but both of these guys went from highly inconsistently to consistently.... bad. That's a lot of cap to be wasting on roster filler. Yamamoto coming back from injury might be playing a role as did Puljujarvi late last season but these guys need to start doing something....anything. I'm sure McDavid and Draisaitl are getting fed up with it. Holloway getting scapegoated by the coach then injured was a bad break early on, really needed that boost from somebody else.
In fairness though I guess Pulju has been ditched half the time on 3rd line and getting less minutes. Yama is on the top line playing with Kane and Able. That should be a biblical line. ( Cain & Abel) Haha

Reactions: DaGap

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
In fairness though I guess Pulju has been ditched half the time on 3rd line and getting less minutes. Yama is on the top line playing with Kane and Able. That should be a biblical line. ( Cain & Abel) Haha

Dad jokes should have you automatically on a 7 day posting ban

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Why do you think JP is getting less minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad