Pre-Game Talk: Pens off till Wednesday... and guess who's back at practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Probabilities, though. Let´s win the Metro(Conference) and have a chance to play one of the wildcards (Capitals, Leafs, Panthers) rather than Islanders/Rangers. I know it can still go various ways, but if you win the division, there´s a better chance that you´ll get a favourable R1 matchup.

I'd love to play the Leafs or Panthers, but i don't see them making it, i think the wildcards will end up being Boston and the Caps.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't think Downie is a top-6 player in a vacuum, but I'm unwilling to rule out the notion that Crosby has more space when he's out there. With Spaling, that was a moot point. With Perron, that might actually matter. i want to see that line for a couple of weeks before a final judgment is made on it.

I agree but we are still one top 9 injury away from Rust, Spaling, whoever else from playing with Sid/Geno. I still say we need at least 1 tweener, if not 1 top 6 winger.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
file.php

Michael8771*

Probably trade with Despres ... Berglund or Oshie :sarcasm:

Just kidding. I really hate the idea of Simon being traded. More likely he wasn't feeling well and had to leave. Goc missed today due to illness, maybe there's a bug going around.
We'll likely soon find out.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
God, I'm really having a rough day, the company I'm part owner of is closing up and so I'm losing that and my job on the same day and I don't think I could take a bad trade. I don't even want Despres traded to begin with.

Though I have to say this is helping to take my mind off it a little. :\

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Despres is probably sick, tbh. Goc is out with illness and he suddenly leaving the ice, he probably has diarrhea or felt like he was going to puke and with how much he eats... good luck, people near him.

Michael8771*

God, I'm really having a rough day, the company I'm part owner of is closing up and so I'm losing that and my job on the same day and I don't think I could take a bad trade. I don't even want Despres traded to begin with.

Sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope the worst of the year is behind you and you find a good job moving forward.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Despres is probably sick, tbh. Goc is out with illness and he suddenly leaving the ice, he probably has diarrhea or felt like he was going to puke and with how much he eats... good luck, people near him.

Despres does everything HUGE..... I can see him on the "throne" eating a sub from Pepi's

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

if he's sick, you just announce that right away, i think

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

JR has earned the benefit of the doubt as far as trades go thus far in his Pens' GM career. That only lasts until his first stinker, but for right now he earned some trust.

That said, this is likely a whole lot of nothing.

The entertainment value of panic created by that nothing is priceless though. As it always is.

If fatso is indeed on the toilet he likely broke it is all that happened.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Sorry to hear that, Hope you get into a new venture rather quickly.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
JR has earned the benefit of the doubt as far as trades go thus far in his Pens' GM career. That only lasts until his first stinker, but for right now he earned some trust.

That said, this is likely a whole lot of nothing.

The entertainment value of panic created by that nothing is priceless though. As it always is.

you have to entertain yourself by becoming panicked. Sitting here calmly and rationally is for the birds.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
It's been almost 2 hours, wouldn't there be some hint of a trade by now? Social media reports these things almost before they go down. Maybe they think he has the Mumps but don't want to say so yet? Trying to be a glass half full, here.

Sorry to hear that, hope your year gets better. :(

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
It's been almost 2 hours, wouldn't there be some hint of a trade by now? Social media reports these things almost before they go down. Maybe they think he has the Mumps but don't want to say so yet? Trying to be a glass half full, here.

Sorry to hear that, hope your year gets better. :(

And yes meant to add that as well and forgot while on my soapbox. Hope that things straighten out for him.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
As i said before.. a bad case of the flu is going around... and the Mumpness cant be ruled out... there can also be the personal emergency... lots of non trade related things get a guy off of the ice for practice

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
if he's sick, you just announce that right away, i think

these are just tweets from beat reporters watching practice. It's not like they send someone up to tell them why someone leaves the ice.

We'll find out soon enough. I'd be pissed if Despres actually was traded, doubt it, unless it was something like Evander Kane coming back or something equally game changing.

Edmonton is pining for defense, maybe Taylor Hall is on the move :sarcasm:

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014

That sucks. Hopefully things will start looking up for you.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Despres has not been traded. Don't worry about that.

I'm sorry to hear about work. :(

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Sounds like a Monty Python skit looking for a place to happen :laugh:

Part VI reference for those wondering.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The Pens? :laugh:

They can really be weird about things and they have time off. Either way, hope for no 1 PM press conference..

they announced Goc was sick before practice was over, but nothing on Kunitz and Despres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad