Pens/NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Yes I've seen Ortmeyer play...

He's no better than alot of prospects the Pens have already.

Sure, Tyutin would be one of our top 2 defense prospects. I'd love to have him. But not at the cost of Malkin.

Malkin is really what the Pens need. Aside form Ovechkin, I wouldn't want anyone else unless the package is just breathtaking. As in, If you want the #2, you're probably going to have to give up Balej and Tyutin, plus your first. Yeah, its overpaying. But its what you'll have to do. It is in the best interest of the Pens organization to keep the #2 overall.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Prucha73 said:
Have you seen Ortmeyer play? Tyutin and whoever you take at #24 is Quality as well. As far as I can see your AHl team is almost the same as our AHL team and most of those players are not really good enough for NHL.

The difference is that the Pens prospects are NHL ready. The Pens decided to hold them in the AHL and let them develop longer, while using stop-gap fill-ins at the NHL level, a la Eastwood, Pushor, etc. The Pens actually have too many prospects and face a situation where they may have to trade some in a package, or risk losing them for nothing. They do not need more. They are forced to put AHL caliber prosects (Fata and Roleau) in the ECHL as it is.

Prucha73

Pens4ever said:
Yes I've seen Ortmeyer play...

He's no better than alot of prospects the Pens have already.

Sure, Tyutin would be one of our top 2 defense prospects. I'd love to have him. But not at the cost of Malkin.

Malkin is really what the Pens need. Aside form Ovechkin, I wouldn't want anyone else unless the package is just breathtaking. As in, If you want the #2, you're probably going to have to give up Balej and Tyutin, plus your first. Yeah, its overpaying. But its what you'll have to do. It is in the best interest of the Pens organization to keep the #2 overall.

Dude the deal I offered you was overpaying, but what you want is to rip us off. Greedy Penguins. And Ortmeyer is an excellend defensive/checking forward.

Prucha73

craig1 said:
The difference is that the Pens prospects are NHL ready. The Pens decided to hold them in the AHL and let them develop longer, while using stop-gap fill-ins at the NHL level, a la Eastwood, Pushor, etc. The Pens actually have too many prospects and face a situation where they may have to trade some in a package, or risk losing them for nothing. They do not need more. They are forced to put AHL caliber prosects (Fata and Roleau) in the ECHL as it is.

They are all "NHL ready" (well maybe except for Nemec :joker: ),but not many of them will produce much in NHL.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
craig1 said:
Then you highly over-rate Balej.

I really have to agree... Balej has more value AS OF NOW, seeing as he is already established, but Malkin's ceiling is probably 3x as high as Balej's.

Balej is like Radek Dvorak with more confidence... by-and-by, 2nd line RW.

Malkin is a future all-star center.

And you know what? Fine! Take Malkin! You can have your little Malkin! Screw the Pens and screw Malkin!

Please forget I said that come the 2008-2009 season!

Prucha73

Alex Kovalev said:
Balej, oh man thats funny. I said, if you want Malkin, your going to have to overpay for him.

Yes, Balej, he is kind of like Koltsov, but with skills and hockey sense :joker:

Steve Latin*

Prucha73 said:
how about this trade: Ortmeyer, Tyutin, Josh Green, #24th?, #49 to Penguins for #2, #31, 3rd rounder about #66

How about you give me a hit of whatever you're smoking?

S L

Steve Latin*

Prucha73 said:
are you a moron? Nobody thinks that highly of Malkin to overpay that much. I think Balej alone is as good or better than Malkin.

:lol

Prucha73

Alex Kovalev said:
I think their all still upset from that disappointing loss lastnight :win:

Not at all, I tremendously enjoyed all the bone crunching hits that the Wolfpack unleashed on the Penguins. And I am glad none of our guys were injured or had any broken fingers.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
If I might say one last thing... I think Koltsov is a long-term project, but not quite as fast as Balej... plus if the Pens got Balej, with all they'd have (including this year's 6th pick, and surely a top ten next season), they would be murderous in 5 years. Then again, they're going to be even worse (for NYR, and everyone else) if they get Malkin. Dammit! No one give them ANY money! :joker:

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Pens4ever said:
I think they've moved on from that gateway drug onto much more powerful mind distorting drugs...or they're just Rag$ fans.

Just Rag$ fans

Prucha73 said:
Not at all, I tremendously enjoyed all the bone crunching hits that the Wolfpack unleashed on the Penguins. And I am glad none of our guys were injured or had any broken fingers.

Oh man :shakehead

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
BobMarleyNYR said:
If I might say one last thing... I think Koltsov is a long-term project, but not quite as fast as Balej... plus if the Pens got Balej, with all they'd have (including this year's 6th pick, and surely a top ten next season), they would be murderous in 5 years. Then again, they're going to be even worse (for NYR, and everyone else) if they get Malkin. Dammit! No one give them ANY money! :joker:

Koltsov can skate circles around Balej - backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad