Pens/NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Zoo said:
I hope so, I have high hopes that RJ can turn things around.

I'm about 50/50 on RJ. Having not played practically all year is going to hurt him. I think he is going to either be a boom-or-bust type guy. If he doesnt become a top 6 forward, he will not be in the nhl.

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
Give him Beech's spot on the top line in WBS for a year.And then we look and see where he's at next season.The dude needs to play alot of hockey.And of course Beech will be with the big club.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Zoo said:
Give him Beech's spot on the top line in WBS for a year.And then we look and see where he's at next season.The dude needs to play alot of hockey.And of course Beech will be with the big club.

He may have to work his way up to that. No way will he ready to handle top 6 in the ahl right off the bat after missing an entire year. I think he will have battle with some of the other prospects being signed and the players that are there. I could see a scenario where he might be in the ECHL for a short stint at the beginning of the season to get climated back into playing competitive hockey.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Zoo said:
Very true, but I can't see them sending him to the ECHL.Damn that would be an ego blow

It would def be a blow to RJ, but he might need it. While I am unsure whether there is truth to saying he has attitude problems in everything, sending him down to the echl(if signed) would def humble him some and would also prob be best for his hockey career to start with.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Sending R.J. to Wheeling for a while might be the best thing to deflate that oversize ego of his. It would also help him get his game legs back in a hurry.

As for the comparative ages of the Wolfpack/Baby Pens...Ol' Man Gernander probably adds a whole year to the average age of the team all by himself.

The Pens Are Back*

Alex Kovalev said:
Nobody the Rangers have (prospect wise) is even close to Malkin. If you dont believe me, pick up a copy of THN. After Ovechkin and Malkin, its like a game of darts. Those two are the consensus 1 and 2. Malkin is finally starting to get the hype he deserves. THN compares Malkin to a mix of Joe Thornton and Joe Sakic. Thats quite the comparison. If you want Malkin, your going to have to overpay, plain and simple. Your first this year, plus Jessiman, and Tjutin for Malkin. It may be a lot, but its the only way CP is going to move the 2nd overall pick. If thats too steep, I wouldnt blame anyone for turning a deal like that down - but with that said we would be extremely satisfied with Malkin.

i wouldn't even take that

i feel jessiman is a huge project

re: another reply ?? lundmark a superstar??

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
bmoak said:
Sending R.J. to Wheeling for a while might be the best thing to deflate that oversize ego of his. It would also help him get his game legs back in a hurry.

As for the comparative ages of the Wolfpack/Baby Pens...Ol' Man Gernander probably adds a whole year to the average age of the team all by himself.

The actual number might not be as high as 28. But LGP was just using a number that has been thrown about quite a bit, so I wouldn't get all over him for it (you weren't, the other guy was).

As far as Umberger, if he signs somewhere else, the Rangers won't get the Penguins second round pick to my knowledge. They would get a pick added in by the league somewhere, and the Penguins would still keep their pick.

And as far as getting Umberger, it depends on whether the Penguins decide he has the motivation to become an NHLer, and what they decide about his attitude. One thing I am glad I can finally say with confidence is that our coach isn't going to take crap from anyone, so you'll only play if you earn it. Which may be the best and only way for Umberger to become a productive NHLer.

Unknownbutfamous

Apr 11, 2004
pittengineer said:
He may have to work his way up to that. No way will he ready to handle top 6 in the ahl right off the bat after missing an entire year. I think he will have battle with some of the other prospects being signed and the players that are there. I could see a scenario where he might be in the ECHL for a short stint at the beginning of the season to get climated back into playing competitive hockey.

He wouldn't even sign a contract tryout to go to Hartford with the Rangers, never mind going to the ECHL. He wants to be in the NHL.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
This thread only proves one point - Prucha73 you have to stop posting 30 times a day, and start reading educated posters and learn from it.

Bure9*

Bluenote13 said:
This thread only proves one point - Prucha73 you have to stop posting 30 times a day, and start reading educated posters and learn from it.

Alex Kovalev needs to stop playing GM, as well.

Prucha73

Bluenote13 said:

I don't like your condescending tone. This thread was really pointless, I already moved on.

Prucha73

Bluenote13 said:
But at least AK has knowledge of prospects and doesn't resort to childish comebacks like P73.

do you have some problem with me?

Prucha73

Bluenote13 said:
You're a little too young for these boards it seems.

You are too ignorant to say such stupid thing. You assume too much, if you have a problem with my posts then put me on ignore, we won't miss each other too much.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Wow, Prucha has 36 point something posts per day! And I thought that I posted alot!

BTW Bluenote, I'm 12 years old! So if anything, I'm a little too young for these boards!

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Broadway Crosby said:
Wow, Prucha has 36 point something posts per day! And I thought that I posted alot!

BTW Bluenote, I'm 12 years old! So if anything, I'm a little too young for these boards!

Prucha73 is a Ban waiting to happen. If he would just be respectful, and not take other people's opinions as putdowns he'd be ok. 12 is just a number, until you start acting that way. ;)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
any of you that publically take shots and discuss each other is a ban waiting to happen.

Now to all of you...knock it off.

Stick to hockey.

Use PM to discuss your differences with each other.

This will be the ONLY warning issued.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Bluenote13 said:
Prucha73 is a Ban waiting to happen. If he would just be respectful, and not take other people's opinions as putdowns he'd be ok. 12 is just a number, until you start acting that way. ;)
Okay, I see what you are saying.

The Pens Are Back*

olesz shremp

NO cagey glen takes a goalie and says "you can never have enuff goalies"

ATTN GLEN: your team only has to defend the 1 net on the ice :joker: :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad