Pens/NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prucha73

BobMarleyNYR said:
If I might say one last thing... I think Koltsov is a long-term project, but not quite as fast as Balej... plus if the Pens got Balej, with all they'd have (including this year's 6th pick, and surely a top ten next season), they would be murderous in 5 years. Then again, they're going to be even worse (for NYR, and everyone else) if they get Malkin. Dammit! No one give them ANY money! :joker:

I wouldn't worry too much about them, they got a lot of depth, but not that much quality, they got plenty of most likely bust prospects like Beech and Sivek, Armstrong is nothing more than a pest.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
xander said:
we have become a desperate bunch (us rangers and penguins fans) bragging about an AHL playoff series.

Seriously... we're in the same leaking rowboat. Let's sit back and enjoy the 5-6 year ride together. When we arrive, we'll resume arguing.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Prucha73 said:
I wouldn't worry too much about them, they got a lot of depth, but not that much quality, they got plenty of most likely bust prospects like Beech and Sivek, Armstrong is nothing more than a pest.

I'm sensing jealousy and resentment here! :joker:

GoRyanMalone

Prucha73 said:
Not at all, I tremendously enjoyed all the bone crunching hits that the Wolfpack unleashed on the Penguins. And I am glad none of our guys were injured or had any broken fingers.

Broken fingers are the worst. Who's gettin' me?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Prucha73 said:
you failed to mention the most likely not to bust prospects like whitney, fleury, welch, talbot, etc.!

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
....Basically Rags fans...and all other fans who read this before posting proposals.....

....The Pens are looking to add High-End talent. They have tons of great 2nd/3rd/4th line prospects, and as we all know are absolutely stacked on D and in goal prospect wise.

The Pens are more likely to deal up to get a second 1st round pick than anything else. They do not need quantity of any kind. They have too many capable of filling out roles as it is. The Pens are looking for 1 or 2 home run hitting forwards to go with Malone and Anshakov up front. Their 2nd/3rd/4th line prospects are deep and strong. This can now be continually restocked through future drafts. The Pens need no more depth!!!

Last edited:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Prucha73 said:
Yes, Balej, he is kind of like Koltsov, but with skills and hockey sense :joker:

Koltsov doesn't try the fancy stupid stuff that will get you clocked by a Scott Stevens or Rob Blake in the NHL, though.

There's no reason for the Pens to move the second pick. Same thing goes for Washington. Ovechkin is number one, Malkin is number two. There is a drop off after number two that neither the Pens or Washington want to get hit with. Both have a good quantity of legit NHL prospects, but I doubt anyone with the superstar potential of an Ovechkin or Malkin.

Unless young stars or very good young, proven players were being sent Pittsburgh's or Washington's way, I don't see either team moving their high first round selections.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Prucha73 said:
no, just stating facts.

How so? The Pens have tons of quality....They just are lacking the home-run hitter.

.....and yes, taking cheap shots, where even the Hartford announcers were befuddled by the actions of one of their own teams players, causing a broken thumb makes the Pens prospects weak.... :shakehead

Prucha73

MrKnowNothing said:
Koltsov doesn't try the fancy stupid stuff that will get you clocked by a Scott Stevens or Rob Blake in the NHL, though.

:joker: you are just jealous. I think Koltsov will never be as good as Balej.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Prucha73 said:
:joker: you are just jealous. I think Koltsov will never be as good as Balej.
everyone knows balej will be better than koltsov. it's a little unfair comparing your best prospect to someone who isn't expected to be a star.

Prucha73

craig1 said:
How so? The Pens have tons of quality....They just are lacking the home-run hitter.

.....and yes, taking cheap shots, where even the Hartford announcers were befuddled by the actions of one of their own teams players, causing a broken thumb makes the Pens prospects weak.... :shakehead

Hartford announcers befuddled? Did I miss something? I did not say broken thumb makes anyone weak, I am just glad none of our guys got hurt. We are also in the same position where we lack top line prospects.

GoRyanMalone

BobMarleyNYR said:
If I might say one last thing... I think Koltsov is a long-term project, but not quite as fast as Balej... plus if the Pens got Balej, with all they'd have (including this year's 6th pick, and surely a top ten next season), they would be murderous in 5 years. Then again, they're going to be even worse (for NYR, and everyone else) if they get Malkin. Dammit! No one give them ANY money! :joker:

I've heard this before. So you know, being an avid rangers fan anyway, Koltsov is far from a project player.. I don't think he'll surprise anyone, except for those who don't follow the Pens. :yo: Believe me.. he's proven himself.

As for Balaj, I'll say this. I'm impressed, very impressed. Enough to say he's the reason Hartford lost or even got this far.

And as for Tyutin, he's the best defenseman the RANGERS have had in a while, prospect or whatever. You get the point, right?

Prucha73

Alex Kovalev said:
What a homer :shakehead

Im assuming Balej will be better then Kovalev too eh.

Anybody is better than how Kovalev played in New York, thank god he is gone.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Prucha73 said:
Hartford announcers befuddled? Did I miss something? I did not say broken thumb makes anyone weak, I am just glad none of our guys got hurt. We are also in the same position where we lack top line prospects.

I beleive it was the Hartford announcers I was listening too......not the Pens. They couldn't beleive that there was no penalty called. They were insinuating that it was a stupid and dangerous act.

Prucha73

Alex Kovalev said:
But we have depth, and you guys definitely dont.

We definitely don't? We got plenty of Goalie, Defense and role players depth. We have a Plethora of grinders, checkers, defensive and 2 way forwards(many of them still in college or juniors). And we got 5 possible future top 6 forwards--Immonen, Prucha, Balej, Dawes, and Jessiman. We got approximately as much depth as you.

Last edited by a moderator:

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Prucha73 said:
We definitely don't? We got plenty of Goalie, Defense and role players depth. And we got 5 possible future top 6 forwards--Immonen, Prucha, Balej, Dawes, and Jessiman. We got approximately as much depth as you.

Balej and Jessiman I will give you........but the Pens have a boatload of "top-6" prospects too.....They are just not superstar-potential forwards.....which the Rags do not have either. The Pens do not need more quantity....that is the whole point that Pens fans have been trying to make. They need a perrenial all-star forward....IE: Malkin. That is their only "hole" prospect wise.

Why give up what they need for something that they already have an overabundance of, just to help out another team????? :shakehead

Prucha73

craig1 said:
Balej and Jessiman I will give you........but the Pens have a boatload of "top-6" prospects too.....They are just not superstar-potential forwards.....which the Rags do not have either. The Pens do not need more quantity....that is the whole point that Pens fans have been trying to make. They need a perrenial all-star forward....IE: Malkin. That is their only "hole" prospect wise.

Why give up what they need for something that they already have an overabundance of, just to help out another team????? :shakehead

No problem, keep your Malkin, we will be happy with either Ladd or Tukonen or Olesz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad