Post-Game Talk: Pens get outplayed|going to game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I wonder if Sid just thinks Byslma is an idiot and doesn't think he knows what he's doing, therefore he can't believe his message and consequently can't get motivated to play. If you don't believe in what your coach is teaching then you can't get motivated because you think it's wrong.
Those wuz some confusing sentences.

I can believe that it's part of it. I mean, it's not overt, but voices grow stale, and Bylsma's expiration date was at least two years ago. That Sid has listened this long without going into a prolonged funk before now is both miracle and tragedy.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
When will this team realize that they have a better chance with another goaltender (even Zatkoff)? It is maddening. These melt-downs always happen when MAF gives up the first goal on a questionable shot because the team has no confidence in him anymore.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
I wonder if Sid just thinks Byslma is an idiot and doesn't think he knows what he's doing, therefore he can't believe his message and consequently can't get motivated to play. If you don't believe in what your coach is teaching then you can't get motivated because you think it's wrong.
Those wuz some confusing sentences.

How could he not?

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
When will this team realize that they have a better chance with another goaltender (even Zatkoff)? It is maddening. These melt-downs always happen when MAF gives up the first goal on a questionable shot because the team has no confidence in him anymore.

It is surprising that Dan hasn't pulled Fleury at all.. at least to shock the team and maybe spark a comeback in one of these games. Almost like hes afraid they will come back.. and then what?

It sure seems to be he has tied his anchor to Marc this year.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
It is surprising that Dan hasn't pulled Fleury at all.. at least to shock the team and maybe spark a comeback in one of these games. Almost like hes afraid they will come back.. and then what?

It sure seems to be he has tied his anchor to Marc this year.

There is no fix for "stupid" :help:

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
Last two games are on Lundqvist, everytime we go into an hot goalie, we go into panic mode, we don't score and we take easy goals. The same routine since 2010 (maybe except 2012 ...).

Just hope for game #7, but not a lost of trust. :(

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Big difference between f-bombing Bylsma on a message board and wishing cancer on Shero, no?

You know what. I love watching this game. I can put up with a lot of ****. But, the general fan in hockey cannot fathom how any organization can **** over Sid and Geno the way the Penguins have. And, respectfully, that it's a team owned by Mario Lemieux-- a guy who only won cups once he had linemates who helped him and who had teammates who stuck up for him-- makes it doubly sickening.

Just how I feel, although I 100% get your sentiments.

Big difference, probably, by the sentiment is the same because it comes out of anger.

Getting yourself so worked up that you type that **** on a message board is silly. I mean, I can kind of see saying it orally, but you have time to think before making a post.

I get being pissed and I'm not happy about this situation, but once again most of us saw this coming, so I don't get the "shock and awe" aspect here.

People are free to do what they want, but I'm personally not going to get worked up about things.

Malkin112*

Last two games are on Lundqvist, everytime we go into an hot goalie, we go into panic mode, we don't score and we take easy goals. The same routine since 2010 (maybe except 2012 ...).

Just hope for game #7, but not a lost of trust. :(

This is very true. There is staggering difference between Lundqvist and Fleury's rebound control it's almost sad to watch.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The Keys to beating the Pens is so simple it's insulting. Take liberties with Crosby, no problem there retribution won't bite you in the arse the Pens are butter soft. Wait for Fleury to go spastic, he'll do it every other game most likely. Malkin might step in and win a game or maybe not.

When Lundqvist is spraying Crosby and nothing happens, you know your team is a pathetic sad sack bunch of wimps just collecting a paycheck. I rarely condone goonery but if I was Bylsma I'd make sure next game Lundqvist had someone in his kitchen at every opportunity. Don't even care if it results in penalties, you drive to the net with abandoned and let the goalie know you don't mess with our star player.

But nooooooo, Pens just let Crosby get abused, then Mario has a talking down to Sid? Eff that, what a gong show.

WE are the bullied and I don't see a Karate Kid moment anywhere in our near future.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Pens practice tomorrow is optional. And doesn't start until 4 pm. Odd. @JoshYohe

Have to agree that 4pm is an odd time to practice, although the optional part isn't surprising. Wonder if that means they're going to recall someone from W-B/S.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Crosby getting abused with no one stepping up is annoying, but has nothing to do with why the Pens have been such failures.

The reasons and solutions have been spelled out here so many times they do not need repeating, but are mostly system based reasons. Some player choices as well, but by far the system failure is the biggest cause.

If it has nothing to do with our failures, why has Boston, Philly, Columbus and now the Rangers all employed the same tactic. By the way, take a look at Sid's numbers during those series. Some people here simply don't understand how much physicality plays a role in physical sports.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Kane looked like ass to during that drought.

**** doesn't go your way, so you press harder and it snowballs.

Like I keep saying, he's human.

He and Malkin can't keep wearing capes and being band-aids. At some point you need to actually have talent and proper coaching around them. Those two aren't going to make huge waves about those things and will suck it up, but sadly this is where that has gotten them.

Don't you think that argument rings a little hollow considering how the lines have been configured since we turned around the CBJ series, Jig?

Crosby isn't playing with Stempniak now. He's playing with Malkin at ES. Regularly. And he still stinks. Meanwhile Sutter and Malkin have managed to play great hockey under this system and this coach (note that I'm for changing the coach if they lose this series regardless).

Crosby's human, but he's also held to the highest standard because people consider him the consensus best player in the world, and he's paid like it. Higher than Kane and higher than Toews, and now he's fizzling for the 3rd playoffs in a row. The expectations come with the status. If the performance continues falling well short of expectation, maybe the status should be called into question.

I'm always going to be a Pens fan. But Crosby can shoulder his share of the blame here too. He needs to start rising to the occasion instead of wilting, because that's what truly great players do.

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Dunno why everyones dumping on one player over others.

They've scored 1 legit goal in the last 2 games where Geno had to beat 3 or 4 guys by himself.

Team is constructed and coached poorly.
It's as simple as that really.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
On Lundqvist? Hot goalie?

Did people watch a different game than I did?

Did Lundqvist cause the dumb forced passes at the start of both of the last two games which caused a half dozen odd man breaks the other way? Did Lunqviet just stand around Fleury not clearing the net allowing third and fourth chances? Did Lundqvist only score three goals in the last two games?

Lindquist is a fine goalie. He also is way down on the list of why we have lost of late.

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
One of two things will happen on Tuesday.

We'll not show up again and the Rangers will win without too much trouble as Hank will stop us.

OR

Skill will save Bylsma yet again.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Don't you think that argument rings a little hollow considering how the lines have been configured since we turned around the CBJ series, Jig?

Crosby isn't playing with Stempniak now. He's playing with Malkin at ES. Regularly. And he still stinks. Meanwhile Sutter and Malkin have managed to play great hockey under this system and this coach (note that I'm for changing the coach if they lose this series regardless).

Crosby's human, but he's also held to the highest standard because people consider him the consensus best player in the world, and he's paid like it. Higher than Kane and higher than Toews, and now he's fizzling for the 3rd playoffs in a row. The expectations come with the status. If the performance continues falling well short of expectation, maybe the status should be called into question.

I'm always going to be a Pens fan. But Crosby can shoulder his share of the blame here too. He needs to start rising to the occasion instead of wilting, because that's what truly great players do.

I think the Issue is Crosby is trying to do too much. I think in this case you need the team to alieviate pressure from him. I think since the olympics he has been trying to prove his worth and he may be worn down from trying too hard... he needs the team to support him and I just dont think they are built to do so...

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
We talkin' 'bout PRACTICE?

That **** is OPTIONAL.

Fist-Pump-Kid_f_improf_275x275.png

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Lundqvist was very good. Not the reason we lost. Just overkill.

The game would've changed had we scored shorthanded, but then even more pressure would've been on Fleury.

psu711

Jan 29, 2007
Allentown
Our D is terrible, our goalie is borderline and our offense is non-existent. Sounds like a winner to me.

That being said, if they show up and try tomorrow night we probably win.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Lundqvist was very good. Not the reason we lost. Just overkill.

The game would've changed had we scored shorthanded, but then even more pressure would've been on Fleury.

I thought goal tending was the biggest reason they lost last night, if MAF and Lund would of switched teams last night pens would of won that game going away.

psu711

Jan 29, 2007
Allentown
I think the Issue is Crosby is trying to do too much. I think in this case you need the team to alieviate pressure from him. I think since the olympics he has been trying to prove his worth and he may be worn down from trying too hard... he needs the team to support him and I just dont think they are built to do so...

Something is off with Sid... He is a complete different player from the reg season. Constant turn overs, his reactions are a millisecond slow and his shots are hitting king-Henrik in the chest.

He is either hurt or playoff mentality disorder has become contagious.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I thought goal tending was the biggest reason they lost last night, if MAF and Lund would of switched teams last night pens would of won that game going away.

I have no crystal ball, but disagree completely. For the reasons I stated above. Lundqvist is a better goalie than Fleury. But if the Pens played as stupidly as they did last night they still would have lost if you switched goalies.

psu711

Jan 29, 2007
Allentown

Were we going to win 1-0?????

MAF isnt playing great, but he is playing well enough for us to win... Its just noone else is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad