Post-Game Talk: Pens eaten by desert dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
My problem with this has always been the accusatory tone as if there's something fans can do to make FSG fire him.

And therefore, since we haven't made it happen, we must be defending him or we must be stupid Cult-of-MAF Yinzers who can't get our heads out of our asses.

This team has been more or less hopeless since the Montreal series, and Sullivan should have been gone many times over by now.

But it sure as f*** isn't my fault, or anyone else on this board's fault, that they haven't fired his ass.
This is the second or third time you've taken someone criticizing this organization's adoration of Sullivan as the poster somehow assigning blame for his continued employment on to the fans and I have no idea what kind of mental gymnastics you have to do in order to come to that conclusion. :laugh:

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
When you have someone on block, you end up being so confused when you read other people's responses.

It took me a couple of re-reads to realize @SEALBound wasn't responding to @BlindWillyMcHurt post, even though it appears directly after it on my screen.
Significantly worse than Willy but not Raga or PensX bad.

Unfortunately, we have many cancers on this board that just love polluting it with toxic posts.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
When you have someone on block, you end up being so confused when you read other people's responses.

It took me a couple of re-reads to realize @SEALBound wasn't responding to @BlindWillyMcHurt post, even though it appears directly after it on my screen.
No, it's the same loser boomer who only ever talks shit, picks fights, exists simply to troll, all the while acting like they're the shining bastion of intellect amidst a black sea of idiocy. The kinda poster mods should ban after the 150th troublesome interaction but instead they've gotta dock people for joking about Ovechkin being on horse steroids or something. :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This is the second or third time you've taken someone criticizing this organization's adoration of Sullivan as the poster somehow assigning blame for his continued employment on to the fans and I have no idea what kind of mental gymnastics you have to do in order to come to that conclusion. :laugh:
I blame @Allie Kitsune personally for Sullivan still being employed. Fire him already. This is ridiculous.

No, it's the same loser boomer who only ever talks shit, picks fights, exists simply to troll, all the while acting like they're the shining bastion of intellect amidst a black sea of idiocy. The kinda poster mods should ban after the 150th troublesome interaction but instead they've gotta dock people for joking about Ovechkin being on horse steroids or something. :laugh:
Apparently you're allowed to troll as long as 100% of your posts are trolling. You can't troll if 99% of your posts are serious and 1% are just being an ass.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I blame @Allie Kitsune personally for Sullivan still being employed. Fire him already. This is ridiculous.

Apparently you're allowed to troll as long as 100% of your posts are trolling. You can't troll if 99% of your posts are serious and 1% are just being an ass.

I don't even respond to the guy anymore. Much like hairguy when I do my posts mysteriously disappear. Everyone loves a cry-bully, yeah?

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Well then... thanks? lol
[laugh] I said SIGNIFICANTLY!
Amen. We've had a couple of these cancers on this board. They are lucky I'm not a mod; otherwise, I'd be forum-banning them. If your only purpose of existing is to pollute the forum with negativity, you shouldn't be here.

I wanted to pull a post from Raga a couple days ago I completely forgot what I was doing being it was hundreds of posts of pure toxic filth that add absolutely zero value to the site. No different than what PensX used to do. I used to grill mods on this but rarely do they care.
It's like the kid being bullied hitting the bully and getting suspended.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Here’s a Hockey News article today about just that…they suggest Galkant is a fit:

The Lowdown: Proven winner Mike Sullivan just marked his eighth year running the Penguins, and only Tampa Bay Lightning coach Jon Cooper has more tenure than he does. But all good things come to an end, and given Pittsburgh’s struggles, Pens GM Kyle Dubas may decide to cut ties with Sullivan before this season is through. Should that happen, it’s likely Dubas goes with a known commodity rather than a person who’d be getting their first NHL coaching job.
That’s what makes Gallant so appealing for Pittsburgh. We know he can succeed – before the New York Rangers fired him at the end of this past season, Gallant had led the Blueshirts to two seasons in which the team averaged 108.5 standings points – and we know the Penguins are in win-now mode. Gallant can step in for the rest of this season, and if Pittsburgh wins at least a playoff round this spring, a contract extension for Gallant would be easy and straightforward.
Like Boudreau, Gallant is a player’s coach, and the leadership that’s already in Pittsburgh’s dressing room would get more responsibility handed to them by Gallant. Roster depth is still an issue for the Penguins, but with Gallant on board – a bench boss of an expansion franchise that made the Stanley Cup in its first season – coaching would not be an issue.

The Hockey News is a joke.

HF Board Members could write something more relevant than the slop put out by The Hockey News. Gallant is nowhere close to being a players' coach. If he was, he'd last longer than 2.5 seasons everywhere he goes.

Out of the available, recently fired head coaches, Jay Woodcroft is the best option because of his willingness to let offensive players utilize their skills.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I don't block anyone. I think it's funny for the most part.

It tickles me to imagine some of these people saying some of the things they do to my face.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
I don't even respond to the guy anymore. Much like hairguy when I do my posts mysteriously disappear. Everyone loves a cry-bully, yeah?
OH Cry Me a River ! I have had many posts whacked

I don't block anyone. I think it's funny for the most part.

It tickles me to imagine some of these people saying some of the things they do to my face.
OH Yes Internet Tough guy

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
OH Cry Me a River ! I have had many posts whacked

OH Yes Internet Tough guy

Hahaha... didn't say anything about being tough. Don't need to be tough with most of you, I figure. Just mostly-ambulatory and able to walk across my living room without needing oxygen and a box of fudge rounds for comfort.

But no it's just funny to me that people talk so much trash but if they were sitting here having a conversation with me or anyone else it would almost certainly not go that route. It's just fascinating. I'm not immune... obviously!

Last edited:

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Treading water does not work when your head is under water. Time to blow this team up. It could not be more clear (and has been for several years) that they are done competing for anything but the last wild card and another ignominious first round exit at best.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Treading water does not work when your head is under water. Time to blow this team up. It could not be more clear (and has been for several years) that they are done competing for anything but the last wild card and another ignominious first round exit at best.

I love the word ignominious. So props for that, my friend.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Thought you were talking about me for a second.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Hahaha... didn't say anything about being tough. Don't need to be tough with most of you, I figure. Just mostly-ambulatory and able to walk across my living room without needing oxygen and a box of fudge rounds for comfort.

But no it's just funny to me that people talk so much trash but if they were sitting here having a conversation with me or anyone else it would almost certainly not go that route. It's just fascinating. I'm not immune... obviously!
No problem

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Was it the desert air or something? Was it because of having 5,000 people in the stands?

I don't know what happened that game. They really didn't show up at all :(. That self-goal was just icing on the cake. It's amazing when you make the Coyotes look like the next Stanley Cup champions, led by Bjugstad. Though, I will say they are closer to a wildcard spot than we are :\.

It's not easy to make up a 5 point deficit for a wild-card spot, even with games in hand. Sad times all.

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This thread is so somber and spirit-crushing to the few remaining unaccepting the end has been here for quite some time is nourishing to me....

Riding a sports team into retirement is a very dumb idea. This is what you want. this is what you get...
I watch for the laughs, boy do I get them with this team. :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean you do you but I think celebrating and banging your chest because some of the best players we're ever likely to see come through here are aging out and haven't been given the help they need to at least try going out gracefully is sad not funny. I wanted a latter day Wings ending and that's what I was sincerely hoping for even when my brain told me I was probably being silly for a multitude of reasons.

Geez and you people call ME a doomer. I would take no real pleasure for being right about any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad