Post-Game Talk: Pens eaten by desert dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
This is the game that ended the Crosby Era.

They can't dig themselves out of the hole they've dug them and they're gonna miss the POs for a second straight year. They will stay "in the hunt" enough that Dubi buys instead of sells, which will just put them further from the POs again before Sid retires.

Jake will leave for free in the summer and Ned will chase the money as well.

They are going to ruin another great year from Sid and top-10 goaltending because they refuse to fire the f***ing coach or fix the PP. Geno is f***ing washed and Tang isn't making enough good plays to make up for his 10-cent brain. EK turned into shit once Sully got his claws into him.

Sid's last game played past the 1st round of the playoffs will be a loss to the Caps in 2018.

This is so f***ing depressing.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
The last two games ending in such spectacularly embarrassing fashion, that I can't imagine how Dubas doesn't start dismantling this team tomorrow morning.

Maybe he's not allowed to fire Sullivan because of his contract, but he can't let the team be that pathetic without any consequences. People have to start getting shipped out of town.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
This is the game that ended the Crosby Era.

They can't dig themselves out of the hole they've dug them and they're gonna miss the POs for a second straight year. They will stay "in the hunt" enough that Dubi buys instead of sells, which will just put them further from the POs again before Sid retires.

Jake will leave for free in the summer and Ned will chase the money as well.

They are going to ruin another great year from Sid and top-10 goaltending because they refuse to fire the f***ing coach or fix the PP. Geno is f***ing washed and Tang isn't making enough good plays to make up for his 10-cent brain. EK turned into shit once Sully got his claws into him.

Sid's last game played past the 1st round of the playoffs will be a loss to the Caps in 2018.

This is so f***ing depressing.
It´s just sad because of Sid. He is the only thing making me sad at this point. The era is over but he is still elite. His friends around him are letting him down big way tho.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
We're done without Jarry.

They need to switch coaches and see if it's a coaching issue before making major trades.

But I think it's set in stone that he stays until at least the end of this season, no matter what.

It doesn't matter and I completely disagree that we are done without him. You trade him to see if you can get a soft rebuild going now and still somehow stay competitive. If you can't, then oh well, rebuild started. Ned and Blomqvist will be the future anyway.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
It´s just sad because of Sid. He is the only thing making me sad at this point. The era is over but he is still elite. His friends around him are letting him down big way tho.
100%. Geno and Tang are completely letting Sid down and it sucks. I would never have foreseen this after that Caps loss. Sully has ruined so much of Sid's career, just like DB did before him.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have said for several years now that we have been playing with house money.

This core nailed their cups.

I accepted that this group's time had ended. A lot of the fan base is still going through the stages of grief.

I didn't expect the powerplay to be the worst in the league. That caught me be surprise. You would think that Crosby alone would have pushed them from the bottom third.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
This "staying the course" is a farce. Let's count on 36 year olds because of the stuff they did and won at age 22, 28 and 29. Let's honor their legacy by becoming irrelevant. Let's make the coach an unassailable figure so we can wax nostalgic about how awesome 2016-2017 were.

This is not a serious hockey organization. It's run by emotion and fan service. Turn the page on this crap. Don't care if we're worse for a couple of years.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Team is just Philly in the Hakstol era. Streaky, pretty boring, aggressively mediocre, little personality.

Reactions: dalewood12

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
100%. Geno and Tang are completely letting Sid down and it sucks. I would never have foreseen this after that Caps loss. Sully has ruined so much of Sid's career, just like DB did before him.
EK too actually. He is a bigger disappointment than Letang. Letang is actually having a decent season. But yeah, the point stands. I´m done, we´re done. The team was done after Malkin´s own goal. This feels like it will affect them much further than just this game.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Karlsson gave up so many odd man rushes tonight. Graves , again, was awful in basically every facet of the game.

But one of our biggest problems is lack of scoring from our wingers aside from Guenztel. Rust, Rakell, Smith when he’s in.. they are invisible. They’re not creating they’re not defending particularly well. It can’t all be Sid and Jake.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
EK too actually. He is a bigger disappointment than Letang. Letang is actually having a decent season. But yeah, the point stands. I´m done, we´re done. The team was done after Malkin´s own goal. This feels like it will affect them much further than just this game.
With EK, we all saw that he was amazing last year so I'm giving him a Sully pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad