Post-Game Talk: Pens/Devils - Solidifying that top 10 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
What if Dubas is playing the long game? Gavin Mckenna is in a couple years. Sure maybe we give SJ a lottery pick next year, but think about it. Sully is still behind the bench....we get Mckenna....game set match.
I think you're being too optimistic. But I don't blame you, shit's bleak and this team--from ownership, to FO, to coaching, to roster--sucks absolute shit and is full of morons. Gotta make the silver lining since there is none. :laugh: Probably should kick SJ this year's 1st rounder unless they lotto jump into the top-5. Another year of age on Sid's shoulders and with no Jake, it's gonna be f***ed this time next year.

And yeah, at this point, f*** it. Just keep Sullivan. He's the tank commander.

Reactions: Pancakes

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think you're being too optimistic. But I don't blame you, shit's bleak and this team--from ownership, to FO, to coaching, to roster--sucks absolute shit and is full of morons. Gotta make the silver lining since there is none. :laugh: Probably should kick SJ this year's 1st rounder unless they lotto jump into the top-5. Another year of age on Sid's shoulders and with no Jake, it's gonna be f***ed this time next year.

I'm half joking but if Sullivan is still here the year after next we might get Mckenna lol

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm half joking but if Sullivan is still here the year after next we might get Mckenna lol
For sure. Time to just wait until Sid gets his final Olympics cuz lord knows this team's too stupid and cowardly to start the needed teardown while THE Sidney Crosby's still in the organization. Losers. :laugh:

Reactions: Pancakes

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I just wish Sid and Geno wanted to chase another Cup. The only thing that's making this painful to watch is seeing them flounder during their twilight years.

If those two left, I'd be almost giddy watching this trainwreck so that Sullivan's reputation falls more and more into the gutter.

Literally hate Sullivan at this point. Can't stand seeing that smug look behind the bench.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
View attachment 838776

Gotta post this one again.

Yeah, this team is just dead. They have given up. I just watched the highlights and this team is even worse than you an I projected when they signed all the Sully plugs.

Man, I want my 5 minutes back from the highlights ... you Pens fans who watched this product are f***ing gluttons for punishment.

There is not one part of this team that does something well.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah, this team is just dead. They have given up. I just watched the highlights and this team is even worse than you an I projected when they signed all the Sully plugs.

Man, I want my 5 minutes back from the highlights ... you Pens fans who watched this product are f***ing gluttons for punishment.

I've not watched an entire game in a while now, work hours have changed and I probably wont be watching anyway. If they were rebuilding fine, we can watch them suck and get excited for the future but they still wanna win a cup and will prepare the roster that way but accept losing LOLWTF?????

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I just wish Sid and Geno wanted to chase another Cup. The only thing that's making this painful to watch is seeing them flounder during their twilight years.

If those two left, I'd be almost giddy watching this trainwreck so that Sullivan's reputation falls more and more into the gutter.

Literally hate Sullivan at this point. Can't stand seeing that smug look behind the bench.
Yep, agree. People always bitch and moan about doing right by these two, but that means trading them if they want to chase another Cup. I've been saying for a while the best thing that could happen is Sid retires after his current deal is up and Geno retires a year early to go with him. But now with the Olympics getting NHL participation in 2026, Sid's gonna want to keep playing to be eligible. So we just get to watch this slopshit as Sid waits for that, all the while the team gets held hostage because they're too f***ing dumb and cowardly to do what needs to be done and rebuild while he's still here.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

It's insane to me that Dubas somehow put together a worse roster than Hextall.

Like how bad of a GM do you have to be to get out GM'd by Hextall...

I've not watched an entire game in a while now, work hours have changed and I probably wont be watching anyway. If they were rebuilding fine, we can watch them suck and get excited for the future but they still wanna win a cup and will prepare the roster that way but accept losing LOLWTF?????

The offensive structure of this team is just pathetic. It's unexplainable. It's not hockey in 2024.

No team looks like us. We are so disjointed and shitty it is amazing. But we don't have an excuse like Ottawa or Arizona where it's because we are young.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Put yourselves in Dubas's shoes. Dubas isn't going to let Sullivan go until he's told to. As long as Sullivan is here, the excuse will always be that it's the coaches fault, whom management had extended before he arrived. This means he can stay on as the team collapses over the next few years and be part of a rebuild. During that rebuild, he has a very low chance of being fired anytime soon, because it takes time to develop prospects, so blame for poor performance doesn't come easily. Dubas will keep this going for a few years until he exits the Penguins and moves up the ladder at FSG.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
because they're too f***ing dumb
I mean, this basically sums up this organization that this point regardless of what specific topic we're discussing.

The offensive structure of this team is just pathetic. It's unexplainable. It's not hockey in 2024.

No team looks like us. We are so disjointed and shitty it is amazing. But we don't have an excuse like Ottawa or Arizona where it's because we are young.
It really is like we're watching two different sports when you watch other teams and how they set up/create offense versus how the Pens do it.

It's literally like the other 31 teams are playing NHL hockey and Sullivan somehow invented another (more boring) version of the sport.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean, this basically sums up this organization that this point regardless of what specific topic we're discussing.
It's cool that pretty much everybody in the organization's a f***ing idiot. FSG's decisions have been horrible. Dubas' first year was a trainwreck. Sully and Reirden is a combo from hell. Half this roster's dumb as a f***ing rock hockey IQ-wise. :laugh:

Great times. They better kick the pick to SJ unless they get stupid lucky in the lotto, cuz next year ain't gonna be better. They've been a one line team for years and with Jake gone, they're a no line team now.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
It really is like we're watching two different sports when you watch other teams and how they set up/create offense versus how the Pens do it.

It's literally like the other 31 teams are playing NHL hockey and Sullivan somehow invented another (more boring) version of the sport.

Our entire offensive structure is either score off the rush which usually ends up with a missed pass or harmless shot.

Or us passing the puck along the boards hoping someone can go 1 on 3 from behind the net or we get a shitty point shot.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Our entire offensive structure is either score off the rush which usually ends up with a missed pass or harmless shot.

Or us passing the puck along the boards hoping someone can go 1 on 3 from behind the net or we get a shitty point shot.
And those missed shots or turnovers off the rush result in odd man rushes the other way, which is fine because this team's goaltending bails them out all the time. :)

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It's insane to me that Dubas somehow put together a worse roster than Hextall.

Like how bad of a GM do you have to be to get out GM'd by Hextall...

It's not insane his stars have aged out, pretty simple really. Look at Sid and Geno's production then as opposed to now. It's not Dubas fault their 57 years old. How you can't see that age as the primary culprit here defies logic. I'll put it this way, if our core were in their late 20's they'd make the playoffs. No why? Because under this coach and with the same core they did. Father time man, he don't lose! Simple!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I swear I've never seen a team hold on to the puck so long and cycle for minutes at a time just to then have a muffin from the point be all the offense they create.

It'd be like an NBA team's entire offense be passing the ball around the perimeter for 23 seconds of the 24 second shot clock, only to set up a Hail Mary from halfcourt as the end result of all that ball movement every single time.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Todd Reirden extended
Mike Sullivan extended
Jeff Carter extended
Jansen Harkins extended (and made Assistant captain)
Well Sullivan's extension is kicking in in the next couple of years, so they might as well extend his extension for another 5 years on top of that.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
It's not insane his stars have aged out, pretty simple really. Look at Sid and Geno's production then as opposed to now. It's not Dubas fault their 57 years old. How you can't see that age as the primary culprit here defies logic. I'll put it this way, if our core were in their late 20's they'd make the playoffs. No why? Because under this coach and with the same core they did. Father time man, he don't lose! Simple!

If you keep saying it one day it’ll be true.

Meanwhile Washington is about to make the playoffs with an older core than ours.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If you keep saying it one day it’ll be true.

Meanwhile Washington is about to make the playoffs with an older core than ours.
Who gives a s*** what Washington does? Not all teams are designed in the same fashion. If that's the best argument you have it's a pretty flimsy one. Because one team that is older is still having some success, and very marginally I might add. The Penguins core has aged out. Look at their stats compared to five years ago, go on do it. You're just agenda driven. Either that or trolling at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad