Post-Game Talk: Pens/Devils - Solidifying that top 10 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
From the GDT:

Jarry sitting at a .900 in the first 9 minutes.

I mean can we wait till the game ends before we decide to blame him?

....... No

I'm not trying to personally attack you

But this floppy ass catfish finished with .868 while letting in some real bad ones

As a $5mil "starter" in this league... This shit happens a f***TON with Jarry

That shit with him literally facing the wrong way 15 feet out of the net tonight... I swear, if NJD scored on that, i would have sat him the rest of the season

It's MAF all over again. How many one in a million stupid goals happened to that guy? It's insane. He literally gave the Caps a Cup by sitting on the puck for an own goal.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Interview with Jake Guentzel now after another Carolina win, he was asked what is making that team so good and succesful. He said, "there is obviously a lot of good players and this team is so well coached." Don´t remember him saying that in his eight Penguins years once. He is loving it in Carolina already.
Obviously that's a shot towards MS. But I'm sure no one in the Pittsburgh media will bring it up!

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Genuinely curious; I wonder what Jarry's stats look like from Valentine's day through the end of the season each year he's been a full time NHLer. I feel like right around February every single season he just craters without fail.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Genuinely curious; I wonder what Jarry's stats look like from Valentine's day through the end of the season each year he's been a full time NHLer. I feel like right around February every single season he just craters without fail.
I posted this in the GDT…

Before February 1st, Jarry is 13-14-4, 2.53GAA, .913SV% (Ned 8-3-3, 2.60 GAA, .916SV%)
Since February 1st, Jarry is 6-8-1, 3.32 GAA, .893 SV% (Ned 2-3, 3.73 GAA, .868 SV%)

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
3 point game tonight for Guentzal. Seems like Jarvis is an adequate replacement for Crosby, who may not even finish the season at ppg
Honestly think he helped Crosby more than the other way around this year.

Btw Carolina is such a machine - watching them control the game is a work of art. After the Jake trade fully on board with rooting for them in the playoffs.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019

Before February 1st, Jarry is 13-14-4, 2.53GAA, .913SV% (Ned 8-3-3, 2.60 GAA, .916SV%)
Since February 1st, Jarry is 6-8-1, 3.32 GAA, .893 SV% (Ned 2-3, 3.73 GAA, .868 SV%)
Yeah, that feels about right. Also feels like it happens every year, too, but that might be recency bias.

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
No doubt that Jarry hasn't been good for much of the last month. However, let's forget how
TERRIBLE his defense has been. When you have a turnover machine (Letang), a statue (Karlsson) and a tipped over statue (Graves) in front of you, along with a defensive system drawn up by a deranged monkey, the stats are going to suffer.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis

They're both cratering, but one does it while being paid for consistency

No doubt that Jarry hasn't been good for much of the last month. However, let's forget how
TERRIBLE his defense has been. When you have a turnover machine (Letang), a statue (Karlsson) and a tipped over statue (Graves) in front of you, along with a defensive system drawn up by a deranged monkey, the stats are going to suffer.
That's been all year, though...this has been five years in a row that he slips right when we need him most

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
1.7% chance that the pick is automatically transferred to SJS
That's still too high. We need to get Harkins back in and put him on Crosby's line. Also make sure that Malkin, Letang and Karlsson are all on the power play together. And elevate Graves to the top line and play him 25 minutes per game. That should do it.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Well maybe change how you defend because your players can’t do it the way you want lol…

Sullivan change his system and stick to it?

That's still too high. We need to get Harkins back in and put him on Crosby's line. Also make sure that Malkin, Letang and Karlsson are all on the power play together. And elevate Graves to the top line and play him 25 minutes per game. That should do it.
Harkins, Crosby and Carter

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
f*** defending at this point, that's some mike sullivan "I'm a grinder only" shit. Our goalies can't pull off 1-0 wins right now

Score more goals

2 against NJD is sad

What happened the last couple games where our dumb ass depth scoring did anything? Oh... Wins.. Crazy

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Acciari is downright gentle and Ludvig is no longer doing the seek-and-destroy hits, and it’s because of Reirden. Petry said Reirden didn’t want them stepping up in the neutral zone for big hits.

And Sullivan and Dubas won’t object for their own reasons.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah, that feels about right. Also feels like it happens every year, too, but that might be recency bias.

1710902993135.png

Nah this is something I've been saying to all the Jarry defenders for awhile.

Dude sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad