Post-Game Talk: Pens/Devils - Solidifying that top 10 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I posted this in the GDT…

Before February 1st, Jarry is 13-14-4, 2.53GAA, .913SV% (Ned 8-3-3, 2.60 GAA, .916SV%)
Since February 1st, Jarry is 6-8-1, 3.32 GAA, .893 SV% (Ned 2-3, 3.73 GAA, .868 SV%)

Typical for Jarry. Literally every year he’s awful come February. Durability of the knockoff Sharpies I bought at a flea market called “Shoupies” 😂.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If you can show that the team and other goalies don't also drop then I'll accept that it's a TJ problem. The truth is that the team goes to shit late in the season and has been for the past number of years cause Sully's system sucks and our core is too old to play it.

Looking at MoneyPuck (I know that's a scary word for many who don't like to look harder at things than just a goalie's S%) the Pens are 26th in expected goals against and are 19th in actual goals against. That shows a team that gives up a bunch of chances but the goalies have bailed them out for most of the year.

If you can honestly say that the team in front of them hasn't looked like dogshit for the past month or so then I don't know what to tell you.
I never said the defense in front of Jarry hasn’t looked like dog shit lately…but I also watch a lot of games and I see Jarry playing deep in his net a lot of times and giving up goals he shouldn’t have…he’s not absolved from all blame because defensive players make mistakes in front of him…he’s free to make tough saves during important moments in the game and I don’t think he makes enough of them…

Reactions: canadianguy77

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Typical for Jarry. Literally every year he’s awful come February. Durability of the knockoff Sharpies I bought at a flea market called “Shoupies” 😂.

Why this was overlooked last Summer is....well- par for the course for this organization.

Keep Sully
Keep Jarry

Blame injuries. Blame underpermance. Blame Canada.

I would bet the house this team couldn't win a single game against any playoff opponent in the East. They don't care, the coach sucks, the goalies suck, and on the random shift where one person cares - they're not good enough to do anything about it.

The fact that DOC is now a staple in the top 6 is *a* microcosm of why this team is a failure. We beat that horse to death over the past few seasons but system not good, goalies not good, scoring not enough....and we've never addressed any of it.

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Why this was overlooked last Summer is....well- par for the course for this organization.

Keep Sully
Keep Jarry

Blame injuries. Blame underpermance. Blame Canada.

I would bet the house this team couldn't win a single game against any playoff opponent in the East. They don't care, the coach sucks, the goalies suck, and on the random shift where one person cares - they're not good enough to do anything about it.

The fact that DOC is now a staple in the top 6 is *a* microcosm of why this team is a failure. We beat that horse to death over the past few seasons but system not good, goalies not good, scoring not enough....and we've never addressed any of it.
Man, if we only had Nieto. Sully's #1 FA plug. It set the tone for the whole year... : (

Reactions: Gurglesons

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The game was somewhat interesting, in that the dmen went right back to going out of their way looking for deflections and redirects when they had some time and space, which was exactly the opposite of what they did the game before.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I never said the defense in front of Jarry hasn’t looked like dog shit lately…but I also watch a lot of games and I see Jarry playing deep in his net a lot of times and giving up goals he shouldn’t have…he’s not absolved from all blame because defensive players make mistakes in front of him…he’s free to make tough saves during important moments in the game and I don’t think he makes enough of them…
when your defense lets every cross-ice pass through. you can't challenge anyone. so you end up playing deep in the net. not trying to absolve anyone. just say'en

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad