GDT: Pens cross the border to smoke some Leaf @ 7:00 EST/ 4:00 PST

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
With the way our D is built, basically defensive guys on the left, puck movers/skaters on the right, we really need to have one for the 3rd pair as well. Even if it's a lesser type, but someone in that vain, because JS has just been beyond awful.

unfortunately I don’t see an option for trading him at this point and getting a better RD back, even indirectly...we’d pay a lot to get Vatanen, probably the only decent RD available who’s better than Schultz

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Man, they look like complete ass tonight.

It happens.

I didn't read too much into Tuesday.

I won't read too much into this one.

The Pens with Dumo and Marino can win a 7 game series against anyone. They're a dog to the Bruins and Bolts and more likely than not the Caps.

Tuesday didn't move that needle. Tonight doesn't either.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
giphy.gif
giphy.webp

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
How many cup contenders have 4 top 6 wingers collectively better than Zucker, Rust, Kahun, Simon?

cc: @Ogrezilla

Pretty much all of them...Colorado, Tampa, Boston and the Caps have better top six wings overall...in quality if not numbers

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I think Spezza was a decent pickup for Toronto. He's not even close to what he used to be, but he's still a good hockey player.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
unfortunately I don’t see an option for trading him at this point and getting a better RD back, even indirectly...we’d pay a lot to get Vatanen, probably the only decent RD available who’s better than Schultz

Better than what? Generic 'should play like' Schultz or THIS Schultz?

Reactions: Andy99

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
This team sucks ass on the road. They ain't doing shi in the playoffs.

The question is can this team make it through the grind. Refs are letting them play the last few years. Toronto crosschecked 5 different times on Pens during one sequence in the 1st. Imagine the Caps or Bruins doing that to this team.

They can only be successful one way... I can't see them grinding through an ugly series with this team. Hope I'm wrong.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
Which was often valid.

Murray has been every bit as good as Jarry since the new year. Anyone saying Jarry should "clearly" be starting is basing it on play from 3 or 4 months ago, not current play.
Agreed, but I will say for future sake I’d hope that Jarry could be the starter, just for the cap savings alone. But only if truly deserved. And that bridge isn’t fully built yet .

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this is a very much normal game this year, if Geno or Sid are not lights out, this team will ost likely lose...we really need to acceptthis....btw did Simon play at all in the third

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
just got home....and i have no intentions of seeing the replay.......was riiky on the ice for any of the goals scored on us?

TheNorthPenguin

Oct 25, 2019
You're likely right. Although maybe there's something out there that's a good fit, even if an unspectacular name. I would call up Buffalo and see what might shake loose there. I guess the other thing is find a solid LD to pair with Marino and run the hell out of the top 2 pairs, which is probably more unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad