Post-Game Talk: Pens/Caps - That was hockey.... allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
Perhaps we should bump Rust up to L1 and put Kap with Malkin.
Surely you kid about replacing this newfound L1 diamond in the rough?
evan-rodrigues-2019-33.jpg

Reactions: Gurglesons and KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sid and Guentzel have looked crap all season so far? Do they not have any chemistry?

The whole team looked better in the 3rd. If anything that makes my point. Regardless, saying NO BLEH isn't a response. Maybe spare the stupidity and just say "I disagree, I've never seen them show chemistry" instead of spouting crap?

Sid and Jake actually have shown chemistry before.

Geno and Zucker have NEVER shown chemistry together (and Geno has never developed chemistry over time with a player with whom he's enjoyed success).

Otherwise, it's a good point.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Sid and Guentzel have looked crap all season so far? Do they not have any chemistry?

The whole team looked better in the 3rd. If anything that makes my point. Regardless, saying NO BLEH isn't a response. Maybe spare the stupidity and just say "I disagree, I've never seen them show chemistry" instead of spouting crap?

Against the Caps they’ve looked much better. Still a ways to go though

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

I mean they just haven't. and it goes back to the play in vs Montreal.

Its just frustrating that we spent all these assets on Zucker, and we see him flourish with Sid , but is wasted with Geno. It's like we wasted all those assets, When he is a super good player.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
- Good: Pens won their last two. Bad: They still gifted the Craps two points.

- They showed a ton of heart tonight, but hard to get excited about it when they are such an all around mess.

- Nice to finally see Tanev get in the top six.

- KK showing what he was in Toronto... a guy who instantly transforms any bottom six line into a highly effective line.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I am glad they saved their best shift for last.

Also I got a fair amount of other stuff done with it on as Noise, I can...work with that going forward? Not excited, but I can work with that.

I still would still not hate to see Sully go. Goodbye, thanks, sincerely, for all the silver, but you just seem lost.

Another thing I'll add - admittedly, I wasn't watching closely after that clownshow first, but I didn't notice Letang much tonight. In this case, especially in a game like this where so much was not working, I was glad he wasn't trying to do Too Much, as is his won't.

Still a not very encouraging game, but some improvement the deeper in they got.

Tick tock, Sully.

All games like this do is temporarily extend Sully's last day (I was going to say his expiration date, but he's reached that; now the only question is how long before it becomes official and whether the season is lost beforehand).

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
+++Kapanen, Jake, Teddy, Tanev, Sid
++D for gritting it out with only 4 guys
+/- The actual quality of play of the D. Meh.
+/- Geno. Signs of life but not enough to make me think he isn't at least partially cooked.
+/- DeSmith. Great but also 1 bad goal.
-Erod still on the top line.

---Sully. That 3-on-0 should be the END of the Sully era in Pittsburgh.
--Rust may actually point blank suck again. Like WTF.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Not sure playing Guentzel on his off wing is a good idea, Nor is Tanev in the top 6, along with putting a PPG player last season in Rust out of the top 6 for Tanev.

I Guess if you want a good 3rd line, it makes sense, but Tanev will be dead tired playing that many minutes at his style.

Reactions: Doogle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad