Post-Game Talk: Pens/Caps - That was hockey.... allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That was insane

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The Pens have all kinds of problems right now. The biggest is still goaltending. Sorry @ColePens, you know I love you and we're usually of one mind but I gotta with @Empoleon8771 on this one. The team is hugely at fault for their shitty play but nothing is sinking them more than goalies that can't make a save right now. The goaltending HAS to get better for them to at least have a chance.

It's just a bad mix right now of sloppy play and even worse goaltending.

That said the second half of the game was a bit more encouraging on both fronts. Still look far from good, but at least looked better than the dumpster fire that they were in the first.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Well that was pretty wild. Don’t really have much to say beyond hoping the lines stop being stupid and that the defence is just rusty.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Real thoughtful response Kirk.

We suck, but apparently the Caps suck worse?

Apart from Kap looking good, and anything not 5 on 5, not much to like about the game. Still look like a rubbish team that's been lucky to even have two wins.

The Caps are playing Sprong in their top 6 and have Jensen, Schultz and Dillion on the back end.

They are not a good team. They better hope none of their stars get hurt.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Hopefully thats the last of ERod in the top 6.
Wasn't pretty but they got the much needed 2 points.
Might see POJ as well next game.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Real thoughtful response Kirk.

We suck, but apparently the Caps suck worse?

Apart from Kap looking good, and anything not 5 on 5, not much to like about the game. Still look like a rubbish team that's been lucky to even have two wins.

Malkin and Zucker have shown zero chemistry, but you believe otherwise because well, it's been bad. Of course, let's ignore that Tanev showed more chemistry with Malkin in a period and a half than you've seen with Malkin and Zucker in eight games, because there's a narrative of some sort to support. Is that more 'thoughtful' for you?

But, I'll tell you what: Name 1 player with whom Malkin has ever 'developed' chemistry, where there was no sign within a game or two at most that there actually was some chemistry. If you can do that, then I can give your perspective a little credence. Until then, spare me the faux outrage, okay?

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
Missed the first period. Glad we won but damn we suck.

Can’t wait for Kap to get his legs and play with Sid. If they mesh, I’d totally move Jake to play with Geno and Rust.

Reactions: Extra Texture
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad