Post-Game Talk: Pens/Caps - That was hockey.... allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Seriously... both teams are f***ing bad. Fans probably enjoyed it, but that was probably the worst hockey from a structure perspective. It was really really really bad.

++++ A win... is a win, I guess. Don't expect anything to change. Just be real with it.

----- DEFENSE: All over the ice. I'm even talking in the o-zone. Our awareness is brutal. We constantly get caught in deep because nobody wants to work hard to come back up high and rotate. That takes effort. The team lacks effort. They don't go all in from the neutral zone back. They don't communicate and end up duplicating coverage. They don't work to keep shots on the outside. They don't work to finish hits.

Bottom line... they flat out don't work.

++ Hornqvist: 2 goals!

+++++ Bottom 6: Kap looked fantastic. TB/Tanev are doing everything they can. Sceviour is at least producing somehow. But Tanev is the one guy bringing it every single game.

---- Sid, Letang, Geno, Jake, Rust: These guys get paid tooooo much to half ass it the way they do. It's effort. I don't care what the excuse is. You may not have 25 year old skill, but you damn sure better work.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It was just beautiful the way Sid anticipated that play and went to the net. He knew exactly what was coming.

Guentzel made a great play too to chip instead of dropping it. Sid was covered and Jake saw it and chipped instead to himself.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
How I feel right now

funny-gif-girl-party-mad-breaking-things.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->