Post-Game Talk: Pens/Caps - That was hockey.... allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
No, Malkin and Zucker have NO chemistry. Anyone suggesting otherwise is out to lunch or drinking some heavily spiked kool aid.

Real thoughtful response Kirk.

We suck, but apparently the Caps suck worse?

Apart from Kap looking good, and anything not 5 on 5, not much to like about the game. Still look like a rubbish team that's been lucky to even have two wins.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
++Kapanen great first game
Crazy he didn't get to play on the 1st line but perhaps the 4th line played so well they don't want to break it up

+ third period I don't know what was said in that locker room but I hope it was Mario walking down and saying if you win maybe we could get a better coach.

+ 4 defenseman 3rd period not letting a goal in

- first 2 periods 80% of the roster

Reactions: domaug

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I thought they all skated half speed for 90% of the game.

2-2-0

Suddenly, the skies clear a bit.

I thought it was inexcusable that ERod spent as much time as he on line 1. That is just flat out bad coaching decisions by Sullivan. He needs to personally thank Sid for winning it. You pull that and they lose...bad.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Real thoughtful response Kirk.

We suck, but apparently the Caps suck worse?

Apart from Kap looking good, and anything not 5 on 5, not much to like about the game. Still look like a rubbish team that's been lucky to even have two wins.

We suck because of our coach and commitment to playing a system.

The Caps suck because their roster is awful.

Our depth has been huge for us. Ruhwedel, Bleuger, Sceviour these guys are carrying a huge load right now.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Pens were out of the game and Oshie says "take the win". Not a headshot but a dirty hit regardless...blindsided shoulder to shoulder. Someone needs to gif that shift of his where he was diving around the ice like he got shot, got pissed he did not draw a penalty and blindsided Petts, at the end of the gif have Crosby score the OT goal.

hskey

Apr 7, 2009
Muuuch better 2nd half. Two wins against a Stanley Cup contender is just fine. Lots of improvements to be made, but Kap looked good!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That was terrible hockey...but oh so entertaining lol
It’s like reading some trashy novel....you feel embarrassed about it but you’re loving every minute of it

Reactions: Still Apps

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Seriously... both teams are f***ing bad. Fans probably enjoyed it, but that was probably the worst hockey from a structure perspective. It was really really really bad.

++++ A win... is a win, I guess. Don't expect anything to change. Just be real with it.

----- DEFENSE: All over the ice. I'm even talking in the o-zone. Our awareness is brutal. We constantly get caught in deep because nobody wants to work hard to come back up high and rotate. That takes effort. The team lacks effort. They don't go all in from the neutral zone back. They don't communicate and end up duplicating coverage. They don't work to keep shots on the outside. They don't work to finish hits.

Bottom line... they flat out don't work.

++ Hornqvist: 2 goals!

+++++ Bottom 6: Kap looked fantastic. TB/Tanev are doing everything they can. Sceviour is at least producing somehow. But Tanev is the one guy bringing it every single game.

---- Sid, Letang, Geno, Jake, Rust: These guys get paid tooooo much to half ass it the way they do. It's effort. I don't care what the excuse is. You may not have 25 year old skill, but you damn sure better work.
Couple thoughts.

The starts are atrocious. That needs fixed.

With 87/71/58/59.... you saw the work rate and effort pick up in the 2nd half. It's in there. It just has to come out consistently. Hopefully Rust is just out of shape.

Agree that the structure is still an issue. And maybe it's just rust and lack of a preseason. It's on Sully to fix it, but it IS fixable. Video, practice, it can be done.

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Sloppy. Ugly. Undeserved, except the Caps suck too. We have a lot of issues.

But I thought there was a pulse late in the 2nd to the 3rd. There was some response, and that is huge. Can’t take that away from them.

Had to have this game, and they did. So I’ll give credit where it’s due.

(Geno with the tying goal, Sid with the winner. Not their best game but that’s the best way to contribute if they’re not gonna play like stars)

Reactions: ncm7772

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I loved what I saw out of Kapanen though. Loved it. Can't wait to see more.

Thought 3rd line cooled at bit but I still like what I see out of McCann and Jankowski. 4th line with irrelevent outside of what Kapanen made happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad