GDT: Pens @ Capitals - 11/20/2013 8 PM - Wednesday Night Pierre Ruining a Good Game

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Crap they are saying "Crosby comes out on top again"
You know what, that really doesn't bother me anymore. It used to bother me a few years ago, but Crosby has significantly surpassed OV as a player so it's not really a Crosby verus OV thing in my mind anymore. I'm more upset by their team *&^%$slapping us over the last 20+ years and no end in sight.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The same NBC crew that's been hating on the Caps and throwing dirt on Ovechkin's career for the last few years? That's your proof?

Now I KNOW you have no idea what you're watching.

Sorry if you don't like how the professionals called out your mancrush.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Wait.... a franchise with a 25 year history of choking in the playoffs, and you're blaming this guy who CARRIED the team through the playoffs except for one game last year despite a .922 in the series? The guy who had a .935 save percentage through two tough 7 game series two seasons ago?

Lay off the crack, man.

No crack, marijuana's.:dm:

So you're trying to say that the Caps, who were being outshot something like 17-6 at the time, were "deflated"' by an early softie? The Pens weren't totally dominating them from the start?

Dude, CRACK IS BAD.

Rob Ford

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
Hey, i'm responsible to open the GDT for our game against you guys on Friday. Could you please suggest what will your line-ups look like ?
Thanks !

Should be no different than the lineup in the first post of this thread unless Green magically heals his broken mangina.

Edit: Alzner-Carlson should be the top pair and Schmidt-Strachan should be the second defensive pairing.

Last edited:

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
You know what, that really doesn't bother me anymore. It used to bother me a few years ago, but Crosby has significantly surpassed OV as a player so it's not really a Crosby verus OV thing in my mind anymore. I'm more upset by their team *&^%$slapping us over the last 20+ years and no end in sight.

We did win the Winter Classic at Heinz Field.:nod:

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Terrible showing for a big game.

Moving on.......

didnt you mean...

status quo?

was going to post, pre-game, that it would be a 5-1 bettguin win. i didnt, obviously, but my initial thought was only off by 2 goals.

quite telling seeing all the empty seats at the far end, all the fans that could have seen a comeback, didnt bother to stay around past the 10 minute mark of the third. :shakehead

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
‏@JapersRink: Seriously, though, the #Caps played 9.3 minutes of "close" 5v5 hockey and had a ZERO-POINT-ZERO FENWICK-FOR PERCENTAGE.

:laugh:

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
didnt you mean...

status quo?

was going to post, pre-game, that it would be a 5-1 bettguin win. i didnt, obviously, but my initial thought was only off by 2 goals.

quite telling seeing all the empty seats at the far end, all the fans that could have seen a comeback, didnt bother to stay around past the 10 minute mark of the third. :shakehead

Could def hear a lets go pens chant on the radio feed with like ten mins to play.

Such pretenders. Thanks McPhee.

At least Semin wanted to show some heart against the penguins. Now we get Stuck with Laich who's only trade value is at a ****ing pep boys right now. Meanwhile Fehr and Orlov can't even get a jersey.

It's not about the loss. It's the fact that this is rivalry night and the caps once again laid a giant ****ing egg on a national stage. I'm going to shut up now because really....what's new with this team? I have zero faith they can get it done in a meaningful game.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I wonder if I found a very good powerplay/video coach and just forced my players to play on their strong side if I could land a job as a head coach of an NHL team?

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
I wonder if I found a very good powerplay/video coach and just forced my players to play on their strong side if I could land a job as a head coach of an NHL team?

Have you played for the caps?

Will you make no adjustments?

Will you reward awful non productive players with more ice time?

I'd say the gig is yours if you fit this criteria.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Have you played for the caps?

Will you make no adjustments?

Will you reward awful non productive players with more ice time?

I'd say the gig is yours if you fit this criteria.

ummmm where did you find George McPhee's hiring checklist for a coach?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Guys...relax.

McPhee is going to sleep on this, wake up, maybe get a massage, then log on and post as (name redacted) just to assure us that we're still a top team in the Division, and in the playoffs anything can happen.

See you in the morning.

PuckBuddy

Green for Selke
Jul 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Could you please suggest what will your line-ups look like ?
Thanks !

1157.jpg

?

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Difference between Shero and McPhee:

Penguins 2nd line: Dupuis-Malkin-Neal. $17,450,000 cap hit. 51 games played, 39 points. 0.76ppg
Capitals 2nd line: Erat-Laich-Brouwer. $12,666,667 cap hit. 66 games played, 17 points. 0.26ppg

Ovechado

Oct 7, 2013
Carlson on the PP tonight was just awful. He fumbled/whiffed on every puck that came his way. And we have no 2nd line. Laich is atrocious. Might as well just put Wilson on the 2nd line.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Blech!

Goaltending abysmal

Defense abysmaler

Offense abysmalerer

Coaching abysmalererer

Next game please and play Orlov.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
The roster decisions are rearing their ugly head. The 2nd line is a JOKE. Erat-Laich-Browuer cannot be a line. There is no scoring tough, it is three players who do the same thing, none of whom are that good.

Get Eric Fehr into the lineup, honestly you might as well put Wilson on the 2nd line instead of Laich. Brooks Laich is literally useless outside of the penalty kill.

Still don't know how Orlov isn't good enough to crack this lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad