GDT: Pens @ Capitals - 11/20/2013 8 PM - Wednesday Night Pierre Ruining a Good Game

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Shutout by the Pens? Really? A team that isn't known for defense, pathetic. As usual if it ain't Ovi creating something out there it's....................... nobody.

Goodnight.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What's obtuse? You're the one who said sub-.900 doesn't get it done. This team is ****balls tonight. Holtby--a goaltender well above .900 in his career and this season-- is not the problem when your entire team is laying down and turning it into a shooting gallery.

But "genioiuouses" here insist on blathering about how he sucks any time the puck gets by him. How little do people understand about hockey if they think the only measure of goaltending is shutouts?

Apparently .900 exactly doesn't get it done either. Glad you're on record and willing to ignore his failures because of he's "well above .900 in his career" and not overlook it when a multi-year Norris candidate is struggling.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
How many "Big games" does he have to crap the bed in for you guys to see it? Need a handful more of early round playoff defeats to see it?

Caps as a team didn't play well, but crap goaltending is a dagger.

Be it 1 softy or 2, doesn't matter. I'm fan of Holtby and a supporter, but I call it like it is.

Wait.... a franchise with a 25 year history of choking in the playoffs, and you're blaming this guy who CARRIED the team through the playoffs except for one game last year despite a .922 in the series? The guy who had a .935 save percentage through two tough 7 game series two seasons ago?

Lay off the crack, man.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
How many "Big games" does he have to crap the bed in for you guys to see it? Need a handful more of early round playoff defeats to see it?

Be it 1 softy or 2, doesn't matter. I'm fan of Holtby and a supporter, but I call it like it is.

I've never seen a fan of a player, and a supporter, be as adamantly against and degrading to a player as you are.

It makes one question if you're really a fan and "supporter" of Holts.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
It wasn't this bad a couple of days ago against Blues. Puzzling.

Green for captain!!! :P

We have almost no zone time. First, I think, it's because AHL/NHL borderline defenders can't get it done on this level (sPeed, Pittsburgh, Pierre), 2nd - the only other good puckmover who is capable (Carlson) is playing bad tonight. 3rd - $$$ line sucks plain and simple.

What's left? 3rd line - good. They are doing what they need to do. 1st line - just trying to score, trading chances, less zone time without help of D.

=> we are turning the puck over all the time and getting destroyed.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Apparently .900 exactly doesn't get it done either. Glad you're on record and willing to ignore his failures because of he's "well above .900 in his career" and not overlook it when a multi-year Norris candidate is struggling.

Um, I said he should've had the 2nd goal, and he should have. Pay attention. If you're laying everything else at his feet you need to step back and have someone you trust explain hockey to you.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Wait.... a franchise with a 25 year history of choking in the playoffs, and you're blaming this guy who CARRIED the team through the playoffs except for one game last year despite a .922 in the series? The guy who had a .935 save percentage through two tough 7 game series two seasons ago?

Lay off the crack, man.

No crack, marijuana's.:dm:

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Stop blaming Holtby, please. One of you ****ers go in net and have 40 a night blasted at you and we'll see how many you save. MAF was a spectator tonight i swear i saw the dude texting even in the 1st period.

This team getting out shot almost every game is pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It wasn't this bad a couple of days ago against Blues. Puzzling.

Green for captain!!! :P

We have almost no zone time. First, I think, it's because AHL/NHL borderline defenders can't get it done on this level (sPeed, Pittsburgh, Pierre), 2nd - the only other good puckmover who is capable (Carlson) is playing bad tonight. 3rd - $$$ line sucks plain and simple.

What's left? 3rd line - good. They are doing what they need to do. 1st line - just trying to score, trading chances, less zone time without help of D.

=> we are turning the puck over all the time and getting destroyed.

It wasn't the defensemen. They were moving the puck fine. It was the forwards in the neutral zone and on the boards. They had no commitment to outworking the Pens tonight. The Pens came to play, the Caps didn't.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I've never seen a fan of a player, and a supporter, be as adamantly against and degrading to a player as you are.

It makes one question if you're really a fan and "supporter" of Holts.

Please show me some evidence. My whole 3 critical posts calling out Holtby for being soft as the NBC crew is talking right now about how Holtby is letting bad goals in....

You tell me who's right and who's jock sniffing their favorite player...

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

That's a cheap shot on Holtby. He is by far not the biggest reason for the early exits, and there are several even worse exits way before he was with the Capitals. Unless you want to blame him for getting swept against Tampa for example?

This defense is kind of one you need to compete for Calder Cup and this offense is just not working ES. Whanever they give up the first goal it's pretty much always game over unless they get multiple PP opportunities.

McPhee needs to go and he can gladly take the 2nd line with him.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Please show me some evidence. My whole 3 critical posts calling out Holtby for being soft as the NBC crew is talking right now about how Holtby is letting bad goals in....

You tell me who's right and who's jock sniffing their favorite player...

The same NBC crew that's been hating on the Caps and throwing dirt on Ovechkin's career for the last few years? That's your proof?

Now I KNOW you have no idea what you're watching.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
1st place on the line at home and they put up their lowest shot total of the season.

Leaders of Meh all of 'em.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Stop blaming Holtby, please. One of you ****erss go in net and have 40 a night blasted at you and we'll see how many you save. MAF was a spectator tonight i swear i saw the dude texting even in the 1st period.

This team getting out shot almost every game is pathetic.

Not one person blaming Holtby for the entire loss, just the early softy dagger that derailed and deflated the team, as shown by their spiral downward after giving it up. Plenty of other blame to go around. Not going to win scoring no goals. McPheebuilt!

Last edited by a moderator:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Not one person blaming Holtby for the entire loss, just the early softy dagger that derailed and deflated the team, as shown by their spiral downward after giving it up. Plenty of other blame to go around. Not going to win scoring no goals. McPheebuilt!

So you're trying to say that the Caps, who were being outshot something like 17-6 at the time, were "deflated"' by an early softie? The Pens weren't totally dominating them from the start?

Dude, CRACK IS BAD.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Shutout by the Pens? Really? A team that isn't known for defense, pathetic. As usual if it ain't Ovi creating something out there it's....................... nobody.

Goodnight.

Again, I don't get where you are coming from. OV doesn't create much of anything, he is a finisher. In fact, the less total time the puck is on his stick the better.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
It wasn't the defensemen. They were moving the puck fine. It was the forwards in the neutral zone and on the boards. They had no commitment to outworking the Pens tonight. The Pens came to play, the Caps didn't.

OK, but still if your forwards don't get open you can try to hold on the puck a bit more. Schmidt himself missed a couple of passes to open OV in a row, AFAIR.

I am not knowledgeable about neutral zone play though, so I have to depend on others opinion and won't argue with that :)

But still I think there were not much forwards who weren't working tonight. Who would you list?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Lay off the crack, man.

What's his record in NHL elimination games? I don't know, honestly.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
Hey, i'm responsible to open the GDT for our game against you guys on Friday. Could you please suggest what will your line-ups look like ?
Thanks !

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
OK, but still if your forwards don't get open you can try to hold on the puck a bit more. Schmidt himself missed a couple of passes to open OV in a row, AFAIR.

I am not knowledgeable about neutral zone play though, so I have to depend on others opinion and won't argue with that :)

But still I think there were not much forwards who weren't working tonight. Who would you list?

Yes you're right about Schmidt. I did see the forecheck getting to him a few times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad