Post-Game Talk: Pens can't beat McJesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lustaf

Nov 26, 2008
Victoria, BC
Imagine believing that he's the only problem and that father time has no hand in this.

It's for the best. Change was inevitable, now there's no one who could possibly believe this team as constructed isn't dead and buried. FINALLY!
Who has said anything so absolute? I think most observes and fans can see it isn't only the coaching staff, that's basically a given.

However, the organization is now on the thrid GM and I lost count at the number of different assistants. The only thing they haven't tried is the head coach and it needs to happen before you can take a fresh look at the talent to figure out what all needs to go.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
I was genuinely hoping the Oilers would hang double digits on them after last night.

It's all the more infuriating because the most logical person to move on from is, for some reason, untouchable. At my most uncharitable, it's a level of 'move the Mario statue to make way for Sully's.' I just don't understand it.

It would be one thing if there was ever a *change* in the specific brand of mediocrity this team is wallowing in and at times *aspires* to - like now - but it's so much of the same thing.

Jfc.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
• Many fans will be calling for Sullivan’s head, and make no mistake, this season hasn’t been his finest hour. The Penguins hardly look like a well-coached team.

My sense has long been that he won’t be fired because Fenway Sports Group loves him and Crosby loves him.

But why would Sullivan want to stay with this team long-term? Oh, there are millions of reasons, of course. But let’s not act like he couldn’t land a lucrative job immediately upon being made available. It’s hard to feel good about the next couple of years unless Dubas is even smarter than we think.

Josh Yohe’s latest fellatio on Mike Sullivan.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yohe's a shameless bootlicker but I think he's absolutely right that Sully is only still here because Sid likes him. If Sid was anything less than fully supportive, let alone a big fan of Sully, he'd be gone. All it'd take is Sid mentioning that he doesn't think the coach/system are working or whatever, but dude's a robot who hates being candid so it's gonna take Sid retiring for this team to do anything meaningful.

Hope I'm wrong and Sully's fired this spring. We'll see though.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't really understand what it is about playing for Sullivan Crosby loves. Like, does Crosby like the style they play? Does he like how Sullivan also has a million superstitions and they're soulmates in that regard?

I could understand maybe if Sullivan had them playing "fun run and gun hockey", even if it wasn't resulting in wins. But not only are they losing, but the brand of hockey he has them playing looks like it would be an absolute chore to play.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't really understand what it is about playing for Sullivan Crosby loves. Like, does Crosby like the style they play? Does he like how Sullivan also has a million superstitions and they're soulmates in that regard?

I could understand maybe if Sullivan had them playing "fun run and gun hockey", even if it wasn't resulting in wins. But not only are they losing, but the brand of hockey he has them playing looks like it would be an absolute chore to play.

I imagine like most things Yohe writes, it is complete and utter bullshit.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
uld05ZQ.png

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The priorities of the this ORG are now crystal clear. As Kyle our fearless leader suggested a week or so ago. Get younger, build through the draft, acquire prospects, be a good team in a few years.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Penguins aren't the team Honorary Penguins Captain Mr Rogers, thinks they can be and that's 100% of the reason Sullivan needs to go.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yohe's a shameless bootlicker but I think he's absolutely right that Sully is only still here because Sid likes him. If Sid was anything less than fully supportive, let alone a big fan of Sully, he'd be gone. All it'd take is Sid mentioning that he doesn't think the coach/system are working or whatever, but dude's a robot who hates being candid so it's gonna take Sid retiring for this team to do anything meaningful.

Hope I'm wrong and Sully's fired this spring. We'll see though.
People got out the pitchforks earlier in the season for even lightly suggesting Sid bears some responsibility here. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Fun fact. Zach Hyman was traded along with future considerations for Greg McKegg at one point. Yes, that Greg McKegg.
Now he has 42 goals in 58 games.
Not too shabby of a rise for a 5th round pick.
Also an award winning children's book author oddly enough.

You think Dubas wishes he signed Hyman as an Rfa vs whatever he blew the cap on that year in 2021?

Reactions: Ulf5

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
It's the thousandth time, but far out if you don't fire Sully now or at least at the end of the season you're crazy. He'll get another job and you'll be on the hook for barely a buck. I don't remember how long we held on to Bylsma after it was obvious he'd run his course, but it can't have been 6 years since it was obvious something was wrong and 4 since he showed definitively he couldn't get this team over the top.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
blow it up
the problem is (as an outsider) who would you guys react to Sid the Kid, Geno and Letang all get traded? IF you want to blow it up-you blow up the core not just the fringe players. I do not see the Pens trading either Geno or Sid and maybe Letang. They will retire Pens unless they ask for a trade

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
the problem is (as an outsider) who would you guys react to Sid the Kid, Geno and Letang all get traded? IF you want to blow it up-you blow up the core not just the fringe players. I do not see the Pens trading either Geno or Sid and maybe Letang. They will retire Pens unless they ask for a trade
Who cares? If they want out, grant their request. If they're fine languishing around as the team begins the tear down, also cool. Regardless; do what needs to be done and start selling valuable pieces. Sid's playing at like a 90pt pace with an awful PP and this team's barely even an afterthought for the WC discussion. :laugh: It's been over for years, time to turn the page.

FWIW, I don't think Sid would ever ask for a trade because he's so habit driven it's psychotic. Geno may ask out because he apparently really wants to be the only Russian with 4 Cups, but he also adores Sid so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he stuck around. Not sure about Letang, don't much care tbh. :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

It really is a mystery. My guess is simply that Sid likes that they had success under Sullivan, and the style Sullivan claims we're playing is the style they like to think they can play. But I don't know how you watch tape and pretend it's the same kind of hockey we're playing now?

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

Sullivan feeds him offensive zone starts and the best wingers. Sid’s having a pretty successful season despite it all.

Compare that to a new coach who might come in and start challenging the team.

Reactions: Andy99

akapidots

Jul 3, 2023
• Many fans will be calling for Sullivan’s head, and make no mistake, this season hasn’t been his finest hour. The Penguins hardly look like a well-coached team.

My sense has long been that he won’t be fired because Fenway Sports Group loves him and Crosby loves him.

But why would Sullivan want to stay with this team long-term? Oh, there are millions of reasons, of course. But let’s not act like he couldn’t land a lucrative job immediately upon being made available. It’s hard to feel good about the next couple of years unless Dubas is even smarter than we think.

Josh Yohe’s latest fellatio on Mike Sullivan.
Sullivan is too good for the Pens now lol

Sullivan feeds him offensive zone starts and the best wingers. Sid’s having a pretty successful season despite it all.

Compare that to a new coach who might come in and start challenging the team.
If that's indeed true, Sid is more a part of the problem than that of the solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad