Post-Game Talk: Pens can't beat McJesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
The last moment of contention this team had was ended at the exact moment Trouba knocked Sid out of the playoffs. That was the last sliver of challenging we had left. And that hit ended it. They probably more than likely would not have gone the distance, but as a team, that was the last team build we’ve had that at least had a hail marry chance.

And then throwing Carter out there after that.

Unclutch, unserious team.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sullivan literally said “they’re in a fight for the playoffs” after the shitshow tonight and said it with a semi-serious face lol…they’re 9 points out! Only one team has ever made up that type of ground but somehow his dogshit team is going to do it…

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The boogeyman of the post-Sid era is so unthreatening, it's hilarious when people are like "You don't know how bad it's gonna be, maaaan!" :laugh:

First, I was here for the XGen years; the team sucked but it's easy to root for an underdog every night with no expectations of winning, and to watch/get invested in blue chip prospects as they roll into the org. Much less frustrating than watching a team repeatedly torpedo itself over half a decade, doing the worst possible thing at every turn. There's no step down from this shitslop hockey. This team's already a bottom dweller, Sid's just propped them up. They're just not amassing the prospect wealth losers do, so it's double shitty.

Secondly, I'm a lifelong Bills fan--I watched my team be complete trash for 20+ years and constantly use 1st rounders on complete losers like JP Losman and Aaron Maybin--I was hardened in the kiln of embarrassingly bad sports fandom. :laugh:

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Sullivan literally said “they’re in a fight for the playoffs” after the shitshow tonight and said it with a semi-serious face lol…they’re 9 points out! Only one team has ever made up that type of ground but somehow his dogshit team is going to do it…
As it stands, the Pens have to go around 17-4-2 to make the playoffs. Good luck with that Mike

the penitent

Feb 20, 2023
The boogeyman of the post-Sid era is so unthreatening, it's hilarious when people are like "You don't know how bad it's gonna be, maaaan!" :laugh:

First, I was here for the XGen years; the team sucked but it's easy to root for an underdog every night with no expectations of winning, and to watch/get invested in blue chip prospects as they roll into the org. Much less frustrating than watching a team repeatedly torpedo itself over half a decade, doing the worst possible thing at every turn. There's no step down from this shitslop hockey. This team's already a bottom dweller, Sid's just propped them up. They're just not amassing the prospect wealth losers do, so it's double shitty.

Secondly, I'm a lifelong Bills fan--I watched my team be complete trash for 20+ years and constantly use 1st rounders on complete losers like JP Losman and Aaron Maybin--I was hardened in the kiln of embarrassingly bad sports fandom. :laugh:
Say what you will about the post Sid boogeyman, but I'll be damned if I'll let you badmouth Aaron Maybin :)

• Haha
Reactions: BillPrep

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Happiness = reality - expectations.

The more delusional shit this oeg spews about being a contender the unhappier we are. I agree. Would rather hand SJS our 2024 pick and prepare to tank, with the core here. They are not actually good enough to stop it. Maybe if Sid keeps shooting near 20%.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I gotta say though, them firing Sullivan and going for it would make me happier than what I think is the worst option: trying some big dumb retool this off-season while keeping Sullivan around. Which I'm worried is the most likely option.

His job performance is. Not. Acceptable. He must be made to pay. If not monetarily then in his ego.

Best option still is to can him and start the tank anyway.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
The problem is that it isn't 90% and it isn't even 50% I'd wager.
Seems like it's becoming the consensus amongst fans tbh. At the beginning of the season it was only us calling for his head. Theres alot of vitrol towards Sullivan on Facebook/Reddit/Twitter. People have finally caught on after the 3rd GM and millionth roster rehaul

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Just waive the coach. If you can trade and fire coaches, waive him to Wheeling.

I wish the GM and owners turned on Sullivan. That's when it'll actually matter. :laugh:
The only way they would is if those JR rumors are true that Sully has lost the room. I think they're close. The bloke that needs to finally say ok we need a change here is Sid and probably Letang. I would bet most of that roster is done with the coach, except Harkins.

As much as FSG loves Sullivan, they know Crosby makes them more money if he's happy and thriving and if this coach has lost his respect, they'll act accordingly.

Reactions: akapidots

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It's time Dubas, it's time.

Go to work.
It was time long before now actually but good, maybe others can see how hopeless this team has been for years.

Well I guessed 4 for McDavid and he only got 2.

9 points I can't see us making that up.
You actually as of even a month ago thought this team had what it takes to make the playoffs? Do they have to lose every game like tonight for you to give up? It's been obvious, not for months, but YEARS that this team wasn't going anywhere.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Imagine winning two cups for the franchise and f***ing up this bad as the coach that 90% of the fan base hates your guts.
Imagine believing that he's the only problem and that father time has no hand in this.

It's for the best. Change was inevitable, now there's no one who could possibly believe this team as constructed isn't dead and buried. FINALLY!

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
It was time long before now actually but good, maybe others can see how hopeless this team has been for years.

You actually as of even a month ago thought this team had what it takes to make the playoffs? Do they have to lose every game like tonight for you to give up? It's been obvious, not for months, but YEARS that this team wasn't going anywhere.

Last month there was hope.

Now there really isn't any.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad