Confirmed with Link: Pens bring back Nick Bonino for a 5th and a 7th round pick

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
If this bum ass team somehow falls ass backwards into the playoffs, the playoff avatars need to be something around geriatric/retirement community/etc...

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
If this bum ass team somehow falls ass backwards into the playoffs, the playoff avatars need to be something around geriatric/retirement community/etc...
Theyd have to have a major collapse to miss the playoffs. They have one of the easiest schedules left in the league and just took Tampa to the cleaners. They're making it and better than this fanbase gives them credit for

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I hate hearing "when you have Crosby, Malkin & Letang, you are going to be in win now mode", and then say with the very next breath "this team has no shot against Boston or Carolina". OK

So maybe we aren't in "win now mode" and we keep crapping away assets for a team that should admit their situation.

Paging Anton Chigurh to the Penguins HQ.
Anton Chigurh is a man after my own heart.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Theyd have to have a major collapse to miss the playoffs. They have one of the easiest schedules left in the league and just took Tampa to the cleaners. They're making it and better than this fanbase gives them credit for
They are making the playoffs.

But the cake schedule will mask the flaws and create false hope.

They bow out quickly in round one. And would have with a splash move many wanted. Too many flaws. And we all know they ain't remaining healthy.

Reactions: Andy99

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017

they're not better than this fanbase gives them credit for until they stop bowing out in an embarrassing fashion to their 1st round opponent for like 5th season in a row..

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I hate hearing "when you have Crosby, Malkin & Letang, you are going to be in win now mode", and then say with the very next breath "this team has no shot against Boston or Carolina". OK

So maybe we aren't in "win now mode" and we keep crapping away assets for a team that should admit their situation.

Paging Anton Chigurh to the Penguins HQ.
Oh no, I agree with Kev.

Although, I think they should just wait until the off-season to make their moves and then go all in again.

Reactions: Night Shift

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
This is like - a normal deadline move.

Wtf was yesterday?

I can't be mad at the Bonino trade, only laugh a little. Like, sure - he works as a smart shutdown bottom 6 C. Paid nothing for him. Buuuttt...like is this it or is there more because these 2 moves just seem like a strange way of addressing the bottom 6 - who's biggest problem was scoring.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Spin off of Ron Burgundy
giphy.gif

This is like - a normal deadline move.

Wtf was yesterday?

I can't be mad at the Bonino trade, only laugh a little. Like, sure - he works as a smart shutdown bottom 6 C. Paid nothing for him. Buuuttt...like is this it or is there more because these 2 moves just seem like a strange way of addressing the bottom 6 - who's biggest problem was scoring.
I think the bottom 6's biggest problem was their entire identity. They didn't have one. They didn't score, but they also didn't stop people from scoring either. They just existed.

• Haha
Reactions: Night Shift

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Honestly. Small upgrade this year no problem with this move.
Not so much the move that's the problem - I would have liked a grittier 4c that can win more battles and brings energy. Not a long in the tooth retread. Nothing against Bones. I despise this coach and his want for old cup favouritism.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Lol I told you all I was right after they let him go that summer. Too bad they waited until he was washed up to bring him back

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad