Confirmed with Link: Pens bring back Nick Bonino for a 5th and a 7th round pick

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I’m 31. In a few years I’ll be old enough to play for the Penguins.
Make sure you work on skating slowly and forgetting to pick up your man in your own end, especially around the crease.

I like Bonino. He's basically a pure shutdown guy now, which is fine. A 5th and a 7th is just about what he's worth.

I had assumed they'd be shipping McGinn to San Jose but it looks like they went for salary retention instead. Having Mcginn available to play on the 4th line in the playoffs could be useful, I guess.
The Bonino move is fine, I just wish we weren't in love with every overpriced bottom 6er this team has under contract.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Eh ...

Haven't watched him at all since he left. Not losing sleep over a 5th and 7th though.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I like Bonino. He's basically a pure shutdown guy now, which is fine. A 5th and a 7th is just about what he's worth.

I had assumed they'd be shipping McGinn to San Jose but it looks like they went for salary retention instead. Having Mcginn available to play on the 4th line in the playoffs could be useful, I guess.
He's still a better than average bottom six goal scorer, McGinn has value.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
As much as people can dream about the GM taking someone to the cleaners for a young, projectable contributing forward with size, grit and good skating… getting a very good pk’ing center with cup experience on a 500k cap-hit is valuable. More so when you have no cap room or depth in the position.

No problems with this.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ

I was hoping McGinn would go the other way, but I guess absorbing 2 more years of McGinn was too much for the Sharks, considering Bonino was a UFA.

I'm fine with this trade. Getting a 35 year old veteran with defensive skills for a 4th line center sounds about right, as a repair to a screwed up bottom 6.

If he helps our PK (which Granlund is also supposed to do), that has value!

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
HBK 2023, you're never too old to rock!
Get the Hot Dog Man back Ron!
ImpureChiefIncatern-size_restricted.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad