Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Habs 3 (OT) - Canadian Bacon II: CBC Calls Kunitz Lazy, Steigy Declares War

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Honestly, I could see Kessel scoring even less goals and more assists with Sid. And with the way Sid's scoring, I'm completely OK with that :laugh:

Sid should have had one off that slick shot pass from Phil on the PP earlier, then he proceeded to set up Geno for the winner. In the last year or so, when our PP works, it's Kessel that makes it go.

He's been so huge for us, funny to see some posters complain about him.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Was at game. Fleury definitely kept them in there. Surprised to see posts saying otherwise.

It was fun (and easy) pointing out how bad Kunitz is to my dad who isn't yet on the hate train. I mean my god.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
then you're just blindly hating on the guy. did you not remember the breakaway and 2v1 saves he made when it was 3-2?

you guys ***** that he always lets in the back breaker and never give him credit when he doesnt

This post coming from you is hilarious. Any bad pass and you are telling people to **** off . Come on now.

It was a fun game imo. Great goaltending, scoring, stars, etc.

torrencemd

Jun 27, 2006
Honestly somebody needs to photoshop a pylon Horny as a traffic cone for that tap in. Was just crazy how little he had to do on that plane. As for Kunitz man, I dunno, what do you do with him. He must offer a ton of leadership in that lockeroom. Letang looked good. We need to keep Schulz pending his demands. This is Nisky 2.0. Honestly I bet we could get really great value for Maatta and I only bring this up because of expansion draft. Like rhw teams construction right now. Hope JR can shake a few small nifty moves this new year and push us over the top!

torrencemd

Jun 27, 2006
The weak links are still kunitz , Fehr, and Wilson (don't mind him at all..others are just better).

Now wait til we plug in Guentzel, Sprong, and Sunny. Forget about it.

Gotta disagree with Fehr. He just isn't a good fit on this speed team, but he brings some size and a bit of grit. Just seems like he's not used correctly or not enough. He can fetch a decent pick or prospect at the deadline to a team out west. Ilooking forward to next year after expansion draft to bring up his replacement, Sundquist who I think can be a great 3rd or 4th line center.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Was at this game. Prob most fun game in a while. Crowd was great, at least my section.

Fleury looked comfortable in net tonight. He made some big saves and was just good enough to win. That's all we can ask for.

Some big goals tonght despite a ton of missed open nets. Made my night to see a win.

Wooooo

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Was at this game. Prob most fun game in a while. Crowd was great, at least my section.

Fleury looked comfortable in net tonight. He made some big saves and was just good enough to win. That's all we can ask for.

Some big goals tonght despite a ton of missed open nets. Made my night to see a win.

Wooooo

I think fun is a great way to describe the game. Stars looked like stars. Goalies were fantastic. The game had a great tempo.

At the end of the day, it is a game. You have to enjoy watching it and tonight was one of thosr games where players played erratic, but the tempo was reallllly entertaining at times.

Price was actually a treat to watch even though he gave up 4.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Casual Kunitz. That's my new handle for our favorite player.

Also - unless 13 gets his head out of his ass, Casual Kuntiz & Bones should never be a thing. They both coasted majorly in this game, can't have 2 passengers on a line.

Dread Pirate Roberts

Jul 2, 2008
Mountain West
I think if the Pens want a separate Kessel line and Bones continues playing poorly, they should start playing Kessel with Cullen instead. If Cullen can't play a full 3C's minutes due to age, then Kessel can make up the difference double shifting with 87 and 71.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think if the Pens want a separate Kessel line and Bones continues playing poorly, they should start playing Kessel with Cullen instead. If Cullen can't play a full 3C's minutes due to age, then Kessel can make up the difference double shifting with 87 and 71.
Like this, but then what do you do with the Casual King Of The Locker Room? Geno has a scoring title to win, need Kunitz away from him.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I guess most of you knew that Crosby, Malkin and Schultz were the 1st, 2nd and 3rd best point scorer in the NHL during december. What you may not have known is that Kessel was tied 4th.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I got really drunk and fell asleep at 6:30. Glad Geno went beast mode. I watched the highlights. I haven't seen Geno bomb a puck like that in a really long time.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just a great way to end the year.

Goalies were great, just two very good teams going at it.

Geno stepped up bigtime....

Great night for Letang as well considering it's his first game back.

Pens faceoffs are probably their biggest issue.

Happy New Year!!!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I got really drunk and fell asleep at 6:30. Glad Geno went beast mode. I watched the highlights. I haven't seen Geno bomb a puck like that in a really long time.

Yeah... I haven't seen Malkin rifle one quite like that in a good while. Though he was obviously feeling it all night. Phil really put that one right in his wheelhouse, too. I feel like we'd see that shot more often if those two played catch while rotating up top like they did during that play... culminating in the one-timer. It works especially well because the D has to respect Phil's shot potentially coming from up top through traffic.

Also... so far it's looking like KIRK was on to something with Malkin and Hornqvist being together as dumb enough to work. I'm still not sold on it but results are results. And Hagelin on the opposite side over Kunitz obviously helps out immensely. I'd still prefer to simply go back to HMK but this has the look of success about it, as well. And it's also helping Hagelin out of his rut (getting away form Bonino will do that, it seems) which is also very important. Hagelin and Malkin seem to work fairly well together.

Hell... Malkin and anyone seems to be working together pretty well this year. I have to give the guy full credit. He's having a hell of a season.

EDIT: Major plus -- they kept Letang off the top powerplay unit in favor of Schultz. Hope it stays that way. It won't but I can hope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad