Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Habs 3 (OT) - Canadian Bacon II: CBC Calls Kunitz Lazy, Steigy Declares War

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Gotta give a - to the refs for turning a blind eye to Montreal after 3 consecutive penalties and their inexplicable nixing of a Geno-Kessel 2 on 1.

******* horrible, and exactly what I told you was coming. :laugh:

Well, I think Geno's shoulder is healed. Heck of a game.

Said it before, will say it 100 times: Like Sid last year, the only thing that has 'ailed' Geno this year is Kunitz. Sooner Sully comes to accept it, the better off this team will be.

And, once again, MAJOR PROPS to CBC for specifically using the word LAZY to describe Kunitz's **** backcheck on the Habs third goal. Brings a tear to the eye to think at least someone in the sports media sees the truth.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm not a Maf fan but he was solid enough tonight. It could have been much worse with his awful rebound control but he made some big saves too. Kinda Maf in a nutshell I guess. Even when he is good it could have been bad.

Geno is effing ridiculous. He's been quietly dominating for a good while now. Just piling up points, strong two-way play, and being strong on the puck. I love his game right now.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Despite that kicked in goal, Fleury was good. Bailed out his teammates on several occasions.

Also, loved what I saw from Geno tonight. That big bomb of a one timer was missed. When he gets going, there's no one better imo. Good way to end a successful year for this team.

Happy news years to all. Be safe.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Fleury had a poor game. I dont see how anyone can see otherwise.

then you're just blindly hating on the guy. did you not remember the breakaway and 2v1 saves he made when it was 3-2?

you guys ***** that he always lets in the back breaker and never give him credit when he doesnt

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
yep, keep those guys together. Man I would love to see Sid and Geno take the Rocket and Art Ross :handclap:

Now all you need to do is find Sid an impact winger and ******** get rid of Kunitz. You want BALANCE. Here's BALANCE . . .

Sheary-Sid-IMPACT WINGER
HGH
Guentzel-Bones-Kessel
Wilson-Cullen-Rust

Both goalies were great. Fun end to 2016.

The third goal was unfortunate . . . an unfortunately typical Fleury, but you can't blame him on the other two. And, he made a number of great saves. My only concern, really, was his rebound control was dog**** for a lot of the night. But, it's a good win, it's the end of the year, and, yeah, you take it against that goalie.

Despite that kicked in goal, Fleury was good. Bailed out his teammates on several occasions.

Also, loved what I saw from Geno tonight. That big bomb of a one timer was missed. When he gets going, there's no one better imo. Good way to end a successful year for this team.

Happy news years to all. Be safe.

Big props to Kessel there. He'd just shot from that same spot, so Price has to respect it. Kessel froze him for a split second and laid a perfect pass for a one timer, just like Gonchar used to do. That split second was all that's needed to get Geno a tiny corner, and he nailed it.

Thank you Pens, I ruined my cousin's boyfriend NYE :laugh:

You broke him?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
then you're just blindly hating on the guy. did you not remember the breakaway and 2v1 saves he made when it was 3-2?

you guys ***** that he always lets in the back breaker and never give him credit when he doesnt

to be fair, its just one guy this time. and with him calling out the first goal now, I think he may be trolling us :laugh:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
It's hard to beat a good team with only two lines, but Pens did it.

Fehr, Wilson, Kunitz, and Bonino were largely invisible, except where Kunitz was visibly lazy or fumbling the puck. I don't know what else anyone could say about how bad he is.

Olli and Letang were OK after being sick and injured, respectively.

Rust didn't have a particularly good game, but he's playing out of place.

2nd line was a force all night.

On balance, Fleury was good, especially after the Pens went down 3-2.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Fehr, Wilson, Kunitz, and Bonino were largely invisible, except where Kunitz was visibly lazy or fumbling the puck. I don't know what else anyone could say about how bad he is.

I thought the 4th line looked really good today actually. Wilson in particular. And Olli and Letang were way better than OK. Great game from them imo.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Letang was great.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I thought the 4th line looked really good today actually. Wilson in particular. And Olli and Letang were way better than OK. Great game from them imo.

I thought Wilson had a couple good shifts, but disappeared most of the time; Cullen was pretty good all night. Fehr was invisible, I thought. Not a big deal.

BigBadBoris

Apr 3, 2012
Price was awful. lets in a cross ice shot over the glove, lets a shot from the point in with less than a min in the game. Habs should trade him,

If you you thought Price was awful, that would make Fleury horrendous. Price is the best goalie in the world and showed it again tonight. He made a bunch of saves look easy that shouldn't have been.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Letang was great.

Considering he was out for a while, he looked pretty good, but OK by normal Letang standards. It seems to be this year, especially before he went out, he hasn't been the incredible, overpowering skater he's been in years past. Maybe he's got a lingering injury or maybe I'm hallucinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad