Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Habs 3 (OT) - Canadian Bacon II: CBC Calls Kunitz Lazy, Steigy Declares War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Now all you need to do is find Sid an impact winger and ******** get rid of Kunitz. You want BALANCE. Here's BALANCE . . .

Sheary-Sid-IMPACT WINGER
HGH
Guentzel-Bones-Kessel
Wilson-Cullen-Rust

Mantha would be great.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If you you thought Price was awful, that would make Fleury horrendous. Price is the best goalie in the world and showed it again tonight. He made a bunch of saves look easy that shouldn't have been.

he doesn't think Price was awful, he's just mocking another guy :laugh:

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
The weak links are still kunitz , Fehr, and Wilson (don't mind him at all..others are just better).

Now wait til we plug in Guentzel, Sprong, and Sunny. Forget about it.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
The weak links are still kunitz , Fehr, and Wilson (don't mind him at all..others are just better).

Now wait til we plug in Guentzel, Sprong, and Sunny. Forget about it.

Do we have 12 guys better than Wilson? I guess maybe if we bring both Guentzel and Sundqvist up.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
I'm starting to get slightly worried about Kessel. Has had a smaller stretch of average or ******* games now.

Yeah I'm totally worried about the guy with 2G-5A in the last 6 games and is in the top 8 in scoring. I think he may be finished. :help:

In reality though, he hasn't had his best stretch and he's been stuck playing with Bonino and now Kunitz. I think he's fine in context. You might be spoiled.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah I'm totally worried about the guy with 2G-5A in the last 6 games and is in the top 8 in scoring. I think he may be finished. :help:

In reality though, he hasn't had his best stretch and he's been stuck playing with Bonino and now Kunitz. I think he's fine in context. You might be spoiled.

His stat line really is impressive for someone who I agree has looked pretty mediocre lately.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
+Fleury played well enough to win. No argument against that. Thats all he has to do as a goalie.

+Kessel on pace to tie career best points.

+++++A week off to rest

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Not worried about kessel at all. While he's an elite player he's not a generational one like Crosby and Malkin. So he's going to have some spurts where he doesn't look as good just like every other elite player.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not if you're counting kunitz and Fehr apart of that 12. I meant everyone else.

I'm talking if we could move out or bench Kunitz (with Guentzel in) and Fehr, yeah. I think its between Wilson, Kuhn, and Sundqvist to fill out the 4th line wings and 13th F if we did that. I don't want to see injuries, but I do hope we get to see Sundqvist this year.
jynx.png

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
His stat line really is impressive for someone who I agree has looked pretty mediocre lately.

That's what makes him elite. Can still produce while in sort of a slump. Then when he's on...he scores goals like the one tonight.

He needs to shoot more...he's been passing way too much. I want to see him with Crosby a lot longer than we've seen so far. Sid could set him up all day. Not going to happen with a few shifts here and there

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
That's what makes him elite. Can still produce while in sort of a slump. Then when he's on...he scores goals like the one tonight.

He needs to shoot more...he's been passing way too much. I want to see him with Crosby a lot longer than we've seen so far. Sid could set him up all day. Not going to happen with a few shifts here and there

Honestly, I could see Kessel scoring even less goals and more assists with Sid. And with the way Sid's scoring, I'm completely OK with that :laugh:

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Not worried about kessel at all. While he's an elite player he's not a generational one like Crosby and Malkin. So he's going to have some spurts where he doesn't look as good just like every other elite player.

That's it right here. Most players don't look anything like Crosby or Malkin with anywhere near the same consistency. Pittsburgh really is spoiled with the talent they get to watch regularly. That's coming from someone who watched the Leafs religiously for 10 years.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Was a fun game to be at. Montreal was the better team to my eye tonight, but the teams were close.

What was up with Crosby and the faceoff loses? I didn't look up the percentages but he lost a lot of key ones, especially early on on the power play.

What a December. Has to be one of the best months ever for this team.

BigBadBoris

Apr 3, 2012
Now all you need to do is find Sid an impact winger and ******** get rid of Kunitz. You want BALANCE. Here's BALANCE . . .

Sheary-Sid-IMPACT WINGER
HGH
Guentzel-Bones-Kessel
Wilson-Cullen-Rust

You broke him?

Don't we have the impact winger in house in Kessel? If they try Kessel with Sid and Sheary for a couple of games to see if it works. Wouldn´t it be easier to find a good winger for the third line?

I know Sid, Geno and Kessel on separate lines creates matchup problems, but a really overpowering top six with a good third line should also work

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Don't think Fleury was bad today tbh, they didn't get blown out so that's a step in the right direction.

I wanted Sully to experiment with the lines more a while back after putting HMK together to see what might work for the other lines, so I'm glad he has since, but I admit I was wrong believing Rust could cut it on the 1st line. Crosby really has to work to create anything at 5v5 right now, you never see anything come easy for that line. Fine with Sheary there as long as he can maintain the ice-time without a drop in performance, so I'm really only "worried" about that right wing slot for now.

Seems like the only combo Sully hasn't tried for any significant amount of time is Kessel on the 1st line so maybe we see that at some point. That said it might not be what's best in the long run barring something like Guentzel being called up early and picking up where he left off providing the bottom six scoring they're going to need for the stretch run.

They have time to think about it while they heal up though so here's hoping the coaches/front office brainstorm some possible solutions for the few remaining roster issues they have during the break.

CertifiedLurker

Aug 13, 2016
Don't we have the impact winger in house in Kessel? If they try Kessel with Sid and Sheary for a couple of games to see if it works. Wouldn´t it be easier to find a good winger for the third line?

I know Sid, Geno and Kessel on separate lines creates matchup problems, but a really overpowering top six with a good third line should also work

If they do that, I'd like them to actually give them full games and practice time together not just these odd shifts here and there, it never looks cohesive or good when it happens sporadically.

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
I'm talking if we could move out or bench Kunitz (with Guentzel in) and Fehr, yeah. I think its between Wilson, Kuhn, and Sundqvist to fill out the 4th line wings and 13th F if we did that. I don't want to see injuries, but I do hope we get to see Sundqvist this year.
jynx.png

I'd rather not see Sundqvist up barring an injury as that gives Vegas a chance to see what he can do up in the bigs. As is we're going to have a major problem in the expansion draft with Schultz playing as well as he is.

BigBadBoris

Apr 3, 2012
If they do that, I'd like them to actually give them full games and practice time together not just these odd shifts here and there, it never looks cohesive or good when it happens sporadically.

That's what I meant. Not like today when they got every tenth minute together or something like that.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Were not winning anything in the playoffs with Kunitz and Fehr in the lineup. I really hope JR can override the management people who are in love with Kunitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad