Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Devils 3 (OT) - ColePens Calls for Sid with the Game Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
If they give up three goals per game they're in trouble and as we're currently playing that would be a big improvement as to the rate we're giving up recently. So yeah, big concerns abound.

Boston and Tampa are giving up three goals a game in the last month too.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I can't be the only one who hates that a stupid millennial meme has sullied the name of a mineral as delicious and life-affirming as salt.

chuckle. clever thought. Salt on the net, bad. Salt in reality, good. A world without salt, not a world I want to live in.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Unbelievable, but MTL will not have played since Monday when we play them on Saturday....this has happened to us numerous times this year...it’s not bad enough that we have so many b2bs but just for the extra challenge of it, the NHL has decided it’s fair to make sure that at least one opposing team on those b2bs is coming off 5 days rest....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Boston and Tampa are giving up three goals a game in the last month too.

That's the NHL direction man! Who cannot see that the defense is getting obliterated by speed and talent level going up? To think it's a - we can have great offense and great defense - type of league is just going to enter early graves. It's starting to be an open game without the infractions and so forth.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That's the NHL direction man! Who cannot see that the defense is getting obliterated by speed and talent level going up? To think it's a - we can have great offense and great defense - type of league is just going to enter early graves. It's starting to be an open game without the infractions and so forth.

Exactly. We started it. We are still the best at it until proven otherwise. We just need to minimise the turnovers. We’ll have them for sure because we want to play an attacking game but play it smart and rely on our forwards to outscore theirs.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It’s also a car destroying, dog paw hurting part of the hell known as winter life that hasn’t managed to completely save me from myself in the winter.

Without salt the bodies of water (including the human body) would have much trouble retaining fluidity.
Salt retains water - too much = bad. Excess relates the obvious.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Exactly. We started it. We are still the best at it until proven otherwise. We just need to minimise the turnovers. We’ll have them for sure because we want to play an attacking game but play it smart and rely on our forwards to outscore theirs.

Dood, thank you for seeing it or at least acknowledging it. The Devils went from trap (early success) to speed game. They tried the Penguins game all night. Speed right up through transition or through cheesy picking and beating pinching d.
It's the way of the league now. It went from a fight fueled death match to skill based speed game. Whoever doesn't see that isn't watching any hockey games.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Dood, thank you for seeing it or at least acknowledging it. The Devils went from trap (early success) to speed game. They tried the Penguins game all night. Speed right up through transition or through cheesy picking and beating pinching d.
It's the way of the league now. It went from a fight fueled death match to skill based speed game. Whoever doesn't see that isn't watching any hockey games.

Literally nobody is saying otherwise. We're saying the current team is bad at D, despite everything you've said. You can't just not play in the D zone. They've done that a lot.

Saying we haven't been watching games is fairly insulting to be honest.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
One adjustment for which to give the Pens, and the coaching in particular, credit.

The last time that the Pens played NJ they gave up multiple stretch passes behind the defense for one or more on none breakaways. Grabner was a nightmare that way. Tonight you barely noticed him, and certainly not like last game.

The Pens really held that in check tonight which seemed to frustrate the Devils.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I can't be the only one who hates that a stupid millennial meme has sullied the name of a mineral as delicious and life-affirming as salt.
so salty
I found out that being born in '85, I'm technically a millennial. Huh...
Technically? We're like the prime millennial age. I'm 31 and I have way more in common with 21 year olds than 41 year olds, I know that.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have been engaged to the same girl longer than many of you have been alive.

As for those arbitrary generational labels they are less useful than plus minus. The generation that I supposedly am in has nothing to do with me. Most of the markers people associate with it I was in the cradle for, most of the music that I identify with is from a later supposed generation, and on and on.

Ignore all labels.

Reactions: KIRK

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Literally nobody is saying otherwise. We're saying the current team is bad at D, despite everything you've said. You can't just not play in the D zone. They've done that a lot.

Saying we haven't been watching games is fairly insulting to be honest.

The game is changing. With obstructions leaving the game and head-hunting becoming obsolete and no more pounding players in front of the net or while on defense. Eh, do you read the posts on bad defense? Look at Tampa's D core, how can you explain that? No skill, no talent, no experience, no coaching?
The game is changing. It's changed so many times over the years and it is happening still.
If you can't see that it's not my fault. I didn't make the changes.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
so salty

Technically? We're like the prime millennial age. I'm 31 and I have way more in common with 21 year olds than 41 year olds, I know that.

giphy.gif

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Labels are overrated. Everything has a label these days and it really bugs me. It doesn't define who you are
or how you should treat people.

++++++
I can't get into it any further. There is just too much politcos. Politics make me sick because it's a farse.
I do enjoy your posts though - as I said before. Just can't go into this =]

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad