Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Devils 3 (OT) - ColePens Calls for Sid with the Game Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Boston beat TBL twice this month. If they don't smoke FLA saturday I'd be shocked. Which should put them on the ropes.
I'd rather the Bruins face the leafs in the 1st round, if they have an easy series as they win the division the B's could buzzaw the whole way through the playoffs.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My hope is, now that Jooris is a full call up, and when Brass gets back they boot Kuhn to the press box. I can deal with Rust with Sid then, atleast.

Jake-Sid-Rust
Hags-G-Phil/Horny
Sheary-Brass-Horny/Phil
ZAR/Simon-Sheahan-Jooris

With the option to change up every line with who's dressed here and not being too upset cuz they're dressing their 12 best.
PK'ers are Sheahan/Hags, Jooris/Rust, extras: Jake/ZAR.
I would not even feel safe with him in a press box.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'd rather the Bruins face the leafs in the 1st round, if they have an easy series as they win the division the B's could buzzaw the whole way through the playoffs.
I don't think the Leafs will run out of fumes like last post. They had the capitals so dead but were literally standing still in exhaustion. This year they are ready - good for them (()).

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't think the Leafs will run out of fumes like last post. They had the capitals so dead but were literally standing still in exhaustion. This year they are ready - good for them (()).

I think it’s going to be TB v TOR and NJD v BOS...both should be fun series...TB and TOR play the same, should be a track meet, and BOS-NJD have that defensive structure....

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think it’s going to be TB v TOR and NJD v BOS...both should be fun series...TB and TOR play the same, should be a track meet, and BOS-NJD have that defensive structure....

I would love those match-ups. Get the Devils away from the Penguins please. Even though the last two games were decided in 3v3, I still wouldn't like the match-up odds.
Devils Bruins would make me very happy. Now that the B's are in sole position and if they can hold it, playing Devils is a possibility.
Yeah I'm going to love watching this post season, I might have more grey hairs than the last two playoffs combined.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
As long as all 4 beat the crap out of each other, I don't care about how entertaining it is for scoring.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Let's stop talking about other boards. Our board has our fair share of whiny babies when we lose and i'm sure we look the same way in a loss. IF you don't regularly post on that board, you don't know the good/bad posters. So it's not worth calling them out and potentially baiting a user to start mixing it up as you call them out.

Let's not do that. In fact - the ones I know over there are giving credit to Sid and saying good things. So let's knock it off.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
+ Crosby's reaction to his OT goal. Goal was so crazy he legit impressed himself and was unable to hide it.
I said that about his last triple shot. Last time he was upset they were losing, this time he was pumped they won.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
+Sid's OT winner.

+Beating New Jersey finally.

-If Phil is hurting (and it seems he is), he needs to sit. Enough of this iron man streak shit. He hasn't been a positive for a while now.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Another fun one down the wire. Games had a playoff feel. High skill goal by Crosby.

Would love to do this again next month. Would easily be one of the more entertaining series IMO

Loved seeing some animosity too. Games are way more fun when two teams dislike each other and are chirping.

Reactions: Pancakes

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Well, from what i've seen with Phil, he can still skate so it seems what ever is bothering him is in his upper body. Prefer that than a bum leg.

Jesse

Jun 28, 2005
Pittsburgh
Crosby was as frank in the locker room yesterday as I've ever heard him.

Before the game, he said: "We can't show up and expect to get two points. I'm not sure that's a lesson we should need in game 77 or whatever it is."

The dude didn't just score a ridiculous overtime goal. He played his rear off all night long on the forecheck. The Devils had no answer for him. Sullivan was feeding him minutes in as liberal of a fashion as I've ever seen.

A lot of people joke about leadership being an intangible. There aren't any intangibles here. This was as real as it gets. Set the tempo, set the tone, held everyone accountable, and then won the god damn game all by himself.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Another fun one down the wire. Games had a playoff feel. High skill goal by Crosby.

Would love to do this again next month. Would easily be one of the more entertaining series IMO

Loved seeing some animosity too. Games are way more fun when two teams dislike each other and are chirping.

I think the Devils are probably the team in the East I most enjoy out of the Pens, honestly. Lots of good skill and speed there. Shero did a pretty good job rebuilding yinz.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I don't know what NJ typically does 3 on 3, but I did notice they put Greene out there to start OT. I wonder if that was partially because Horny got Moore to take matching penalties at the end of regulation? Would they have started Moore instead? And why not use Butcher/Vats?

Nonetheless - just a small thing I noticed. NJ fans were not happy about seeing Greene out there. Maybe an extra + to Horny?

When that went down with PH, I thought something might be up. He rarely loses his cool. Looks like a calculated troll job on the Devils there.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Crosby was as frank in the locker room yesterday as I've ever heard him.

Before the game, he said: "We can't show up and expect to get two points. I'm not sure that's a lesson we should need in game 77 or whatever it is."

The dude didn't just score a ridiculous overtime goal. He played his rear off all night long on the forecheck. The Devils had no answer for him. Sullivan was feeding him minutes in as liberal of a fashion as I've ever seen.

A lot of people joke about leadership being an intangible. There aren't any intangibles here. This was as real as it gets. Set the tempo, set the tone, held everyone accountable, and then won the god damn game all by himself.

Thank god he's woken back up now that Geno/Phil have cooled off. If he was playing the way he was a month or so ago we wouldn't be winning at all.

Peaking at the right time, as usual with Sid.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I think the Devils are probably the team in the East I most enjoy out of the Pens, honestly. Lots of good skill and speed there. Shero did a pretty good job rebuilding yinz.

It's an interesting dynamic that Shero blew his chance here by hitching his wagon so securely to Disco and once both have moved on, it became blatantly clear that Shero took lessons with him and grew while Bylsma took exactly zilch.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
A Malkin-Kessel combo just feels like it's less than the sum of it's parts. I didn't really like them together during the first half of the season, and I'm sure stats would show they didn't produce much together even strength.

The flubbed 2 on 1 just seals it, even if it's mainly Kessels fault. If Malkin is on his own line everybody on the ice know it's his puck. If Kessel is on his own line everybody on the ice knows it's his puck. They both wanted it.

Reactions: Treent1

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

The two teams hating one another is a good thing because that means both teams are good. So i take that was nothing but a positive.

But both organizations are classy and I think NJ deserves a mega shoutout for doing that tribute to JR's mother before the game. They didn't have to do that. An opposing team's GM's mother is not a standard for a moment prior to the game. But NJ did it. That is classy as hell. Many props for that.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
A Malkin-Kessel combo just feels like it's less than the sum of it's parts. I didn't really like them together during the first half of the season, and I'm sure stats would show they didn't produce much together even strength.

The flubbed 2 on 1 just seals it, even if it's mainly Kessels fault. If Malkin is on his own line everybody on the ice know it's his puck. If Kessel is on his own line everybody on the ice knows it's his puck. They both wanted it.

Well if we're going on merit, Kessel deserves 4th line duty lately. I'm sure he's hurt and he should be shut down for awhile.
But that's not going to happen and Kessel has to go somewhere, so....

Reactions: KIRK and ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad