Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Devils 3 (OT) - ColePens Calls for Sid with the Game Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Another angle of the OT goal:

89173bf6c6b70eb55c8c24838d83e05e.gif

Here’s another angle

fMJtgZ.gif

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The push to win it late in the 3rd in an away game was nice to see.
Hunwick didn't look too awful tonight and we're certainly gonna need both Hunwick and Ruh when the games count(injuries). So if he does dress again, he needs to get his game up to speed.

Still haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate Rust with Sid.
Said this one forever, send Kuhn to the press box and simply use Jooris on the PK.

What i'd do atm:

Jake-Sid-Horny/ZAR
Hags-G-Phil/Rust
Sheary-Sheahan-Rust/Phil
Simon-Jooris-ZAR/Horny

Last edited:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Malkin played great in the 2nd and 3rd.

I can't agree with that. Him and Kessel were terrible tonight. Really bad. Turnovers, looked tired, etc.

I think Malkin would look better away from Kessel. I don't know that Kessel will look better away from Malkin right now though. Phil is either battling an injury or just slumping or both. He's been real bad lately.

The positives for me tonight are Sid keeps playing well, Murray is looking better, and overall the team looked more committed defensively tonight. Yes there were still some idiotic turnovers but I also saw a lot of plays where guys opted to make the safe play rather than the fancy one which is not something we've seen recently.

Case in point: Rust gets the puck in the corner in the 3rd with 10-15 seconds left. Rather than spinning it to the point like I could tell he wanted to he opted to eat the puck instead and take the OT point. That's smart. That's playoff hockey.

Reactions: ronduguayshair

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
We beat CBJ and that would almost seal the #2 spot in the Metro

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
McDavid is certainly Crosby good.

Yeah. He's gonna get the hardware Crosby should have gotten if he gets luckier with injuries than Sid did.

Imagine if Sid plays 70-80 games a year his whole career instead of what has happened. He's got 3-4 Art Rosses for sure and a few more Harts, etc.

Can't complain though since 3 Cups and back to back Smythes is still impressive. Just a shame the concussions robbed us of some regular season dominance. Hopefully for Mcdavid's sake he can stay healthy and get the awards he's capable of.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It also makes one wonder why they don't try Sheary-Sheahan-Hornqvist when we have a full roster.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins magic number is 5 at this point, I just did the math. So the combination of points lost for New Jersey and Florida plus the points gained for the Penguins has to equal 5 before they clinch. If the Penguins win another game and Florida or New Jersey loses another game, New Jersey and Florida need to win out all of their remaining games plus the Penguins need to lose out their remaining games.

Reactions: ColePens

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It also makes one wonder why they don't try Sheary-Sheahan-Hornqvist when we have a full roster.

Sheahan looks noticeably better when Brassard is not around. Probably because he gets to play with real linemates rather than 4th liners.

Hopefully Riley can play well once we're healthy. We need that 4th line. You don't win Cups without 4 lines.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Biggest win of the season. Was absolutely massive. We lose this in regulation and it´s trouble. What a difference it makes looking at the standings. Sid is killing it now. In right time. He is officially in playoffs mode now. Not worried about Geno at all, despite some struggles lately. He was OK tonight. It´s Phil that is a question mark now. We all know he has always done it in playoffs. But right now it´s weird. Playing his worst hockey of the season. BY FAR. It´s unwatchable. I´m not counting him out, but I´m worried.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Sheahan looks noticeably better when Brassard is not around. Probably because he gets to play with real linemates rather than 4th liners.

Hopefully Riley can play well once we're healthy. We need that 4th line. You don't win Cups without 4 lines.

I feel he plays a similar game but I guess everyone looks better if your linemates score goals.

Reactions: Pancakes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad