Post-Game Talk: Pens 4, Devils 3 (OT) - ColePens Calls for Sid with the Game Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Hey Sid

giphy.gif
this is wholesome and i love it and it's calming me down from hating the scum trash nothings that are the New Jersey Devils.

i hope they fold.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We just look dead legs wise to me. The Devils had more jump most of the night. We can sometimes have a great period, but we run out of gas. We won that OT but if that was a playoff game Idk that we win that one. But maybe it's something to build on. Murray started shaky but played well overall. He started looking more like himself.

Malkin/Kessel is a crappy combo when they're both playing badly like they are right now. I guess the plus side is that's just one line that is garbage but yikes.

Oh and Oleksiak/Hunwick is a horror show. Every time they hit the ice the puck ended up in our end, ESPECIALLY when Kuhnhackl was out with them.

Vyruz Reaper

Oct 4, 2005
Sunny SoCal
++Crosby
Great game. Picking it up at the right time. AMAZING OT goal!

+Sheary/Sheahan/Hornqvist
Very very good game. They could become our "fourth" line :laugh:

+Oleksiak
He's going to be a stud here for awhile. He's the only defenseman that SHOULDN'T be available this offseason.

=Letang
Very good goal, but had ups and downs

-Kessel
Brutal. Just brutal.
-Murray weak sauce goals against. At least he got a W but we need to start winning some games not allowing more than 2 goals against

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Sod actually aimed for the post so he could bank it in as a huge giving the entire Devils team the bird.

One thing that I loved, the Pens stood up for Sid, but didn't go over the line.

Reactions: ncm7772

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I really don't know how to analyze that game. I felt we deserved it and we deserved it with about 4+ goals. We had grade a opportunities by our top players and we didn't score. There was some in-zone time we took, but the Devils are a good team.

The mistakes, though. Are driving me nuts.

- Goal 1: Geno/Kessel are standing over the puck and ONE poking Devil comes up with it to go the other way. Can't happen. It's such a low percentage chance for them.

- Goal 2: Jooris has the EASIEST clear of all time. Easiest. And he flubs it. Can't happen. That's a clear 10/10 times. You can't do that.

- Goal 3: We break out with 4 Penguins on a 4 on 2. Maatta pushes it too far for Sid and they turn it over on a 4 on 2.

These are self-inflicted wounds. Self-inflicted. They cannot happen. Maybe one.. but these are such low percentage plays. They cannot happen. I don't care if the Devils get a goal off their solid in-zone attack. They probably deserved one. But the goals they did get are all on self-inflicted wounds. It cannot happen.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
+ Sid, the deflection king!
+ Murray, only one goal was really stoppable by him, good game
+ two points and a win and big F U to the NJD
+ we won’t have to talk about their “urgency” until at least another game

- Phil needs to sit
- Hunwick as a hockey player
+ Hunwick as our MMA protector

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
+ We were engaged throughout
- We're giving up way too many quality chances and our PK is a dumpster fire.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That was some Mario-esque cherry picking right there.

It worked. When it works, it's good. When it doesn't, it's not.

One other positive development during the game: Geno really seemed to find his mojo after the first period. He was attacking again and looked as good as he's looked since early in the month. That awful 2 on 1? 100% on Phil. Watch the replay. Hags and Geno saw each other, and that area pass was for him.

One other disturbing development during the game: No matter how much better Geno looked and no matter how much he and Hags had things working, Phil was ******* awful. Turning pucks over left and right. Refusing to battle. Refusing to move his feet. Hurt, lazy, whatever . . . either he gets his **** together, or he needs to play less.

We just look dead legs wise to me. The Devils had more jump most of the night. We can sometimes have a great period, but we run out of gas. We won that OT but if that was a playoff game Idk that we win that one. But maybe it's something to build on. Murray started shaky but played well overall. He started looking more like himself.

Malkin/Kessel is a crappy combo when they're both playing badly like they are right now.
I guess the plus side is that's just one line that is garbage but yikes.

Oh and Oleksiak/Hunwick is a horror show. Every time they hit the ice the puck ended up in our end, ESPECIALLY when Kuhnhackl was out with them.

Malkin played great in the 2nd and 3rd. Whatever line has Phil sucks. It's that simple right now.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Sid is really something else. We’ve been extremely blessed with the quality of players we’ve had for 30+ years.

Reactions: BillPrep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad