Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Sharks 1: The Penguins Win The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I really feel for Fleury. Wins when you're on the sidelines don't feel the same and celebrating with your more accomplished teammates feels hollow. Early this year they were so bad. Crosby was garbage - he was completely done. Not just offensively, he was lost defensively and made lazy plays all over the ice. Malkin looked like ****. Dupuis was on the verge of dying on the ice. David Perron was trying to dangle through traffic at 2 mph. Sergei Plotnikov was actually receiving shifts on the top lines. Scuds was getting his team bottled up in their own zone on each shift. Sprongs two goals were the most exciting thing that was happening. Fleury was the only thing keeping them at .500. He was awesome. He brought it every night. Could he have won this given the opportunity? Who knows, but these playoffs were a change in eras. Fleury was the first of those guys that came here and made up the team for a decade and now he's potentially gone. He's a good guy and fun to watch and hope he gets another shot in another city some day.

I have to admit I felt bad just because he barely held the thing. He's contributed so much including THIS year. He should've been proud of what he contributed and really been thrilled. Unfortunately that may be MAF in a nutshell.....

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I still don't believe it. To think of where we were last May and everything that transpired this year. Unreal.

I was calling for a tank when Geno got hurt. :laugh:

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Congratulations guys! Your team deserves it for sure. I was very confident that my Sharks could win it all but you guys were just the better team this series. Your D did an excellent job shutting down our top guys all series and didn't make it too hard on Murray but when we pressured him and got our chances he was there except for a few soft goals he let by but in pressure situations he stood his ground and after this post season I see no reason why he can't make a case to be your starter next year. Your team was probably the best team I've seen my Sharks play a series against. I wanted to face you guys or the Capitals if we ever got our shot because to be the best you gotta beat the best. Great series and you guys deserve it. Congratulations. Now excuse me while I cry myself to sleep tonight. :(

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Going to call a spade a spade here and just say it's super awkward for some players who weren't really a significant part of team making their presence known in the team photo like they were. Those guys usually stand in the back.

Not going to name names but it was a little weird.

Also, Sid should hand that Conn Smythe over to Kessel asap.

Liquid Gel

Pierogi eater
Oct 8, 2010
Walden Pond
I'll be honest, I completely forgot that! I was first confused. 15 wins for Murray? then I had to remember, oh yeah, they didn't fully trust him at the start.

Hahaha! No, he was out with concussion from the last game of the season against the Flyers. He did not play till game 3 (I think) against Rangers

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Also, there are a lot of posters here that I have to think...lol, obviously they can celebrate but wow, do they feel wrong about their over the top negativity whether it was back in December, or some notable posters claiming we were done after every loss we had in the playoffs.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Re-watching the celebration and, man, what a jackass Alby Oxenreiter is.

I almost turned it off when he ask Fleury those questions and chasing Sid asking him about the prior playoff struggles and his concussions. Dude just won the cup and then you ask Murray about Fleury, guy knows no shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad