Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Sharks 1: The Penguins Win The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'm going to try to find a way to turn Rangers/Caps/Flyers fans tears into salt so I can season my fries.

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
As kneejerk and infuriating as a good deal of you were during this postseason, I wouldn't have picked a better bunch of people to deal with the ebbs and flows of the postseason with. It was a hell of a ride.

And speaking for all of the fanbases pissed at our Stanley Cup win:

p48uldt.jpg

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
oh, one more:

Jim Rutherford was mocked. Called old and senile. Lambasted for everything.

Man has a Cup and could have walked away after the Ice Cream Man incident.

Not only stuck with it, but put on a clinic of GMing. Every move he made from July 1st until today was, like, the best?

Yes.

Of course, getting rid of Scuderi alone was, like, the best.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
There isn't many of us left, but for a select few, there are others out there to hold more contempt :laugh:

You, on the other hand, will still force yourself to watch Raw tomorrow...or at some point.

I've seen and lived the Penguins win a Cup, and I've now done it once while undergoing a colonoscopy prep. As a result, I am the one who literally feels ill right now. 128 ounces of liquid for a specific purpose is its own torture.

But to your north, the Buffalo Sabres...this day must never happen.

Dude, you are a credit to HF, and I dont just mean that because of your magnanimous posts in this thread. Its been the case for years that you are an excellent, level-headed poster. The fact that you keep the peace around here and help run the place is just a credit to you.

I sincerely hope if you have any health issues they are cleared up soon. All the best. To you and even to your Flyers :nod:

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
I still feel like my favorite part was Kessel's jig on the bench after Hornqvist's empty-netter.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
You know what's awesome about your favorite team winning it all? I mean besides the fact that your favorite team won it all?

There are some grown ass men in the hockey media, guys with families, whose summers were completely ruined by what just transpired tonight, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm sorry, but this series was no contest.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I can't believe we did it. What an achievement all around. A crazy, strange roller coaster year. So many things came together. Many were skeptical about JR being hired myself included, but he delivered the goods. Pretty much everyone deserves this. I'm still kind of bewildered. We did it! Incredibly hard to imagine six months ago!

EDIT: THEY did it. You know what I mean.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I'm going to try to find a way to turn Rangers/Caps/Flyers fans tears into salt so I can season my fries.

A sharks fan said he was more disappointed that Crosby won the Conn Smythe than actually losing the series! :laugh:

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
I really feel for Fleury. Wins when you're on the sidelines don't feel the same and celebrating with your more accomplished teammates feels hollow. Early this year they were so bad. Crosby was garbage - he was completely done. Not just offensively, he was lost defensively and made lazy plays all over the ice. Malkin looked like ****. Dupuis was on the verge of dying on the ice. David Perron was trying to dangle through traffic at 2 mph. Sergei Plotnikov was actually receiving shifts on the top lines. Scuds was getting his team bottled up in their own zone on each shift. Sprongs two goals were the most exciting thing that was happening. Fleury was the only thing keeping them at .500. He was awesome. He brought it every night. Could he have won this given the opportunity? Who knows, but these playoffs were a change in eras. Fleury was the first of those guys that came here and made up the team for a decade and now he's potentially gone. He's a good guy and fun to watch and hope he gets another shot in another city some day.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Seriously, there's absolutely no question now who the best team in the NHL was this season. None. It was the Mike Sullivan led Penguins. They didn't win on fluke, on matchups, or anything else. The dominated, everyone. The only fluke was how close the TB series was. And it feels great. And the Penguins have key players back.

The only question is goaltending, and not in a bad way. Whather we go with 2 very capable goaltenders or we look to unload Fleury for some cap space and trust Murray for a full starters workload. Not a bad conundrum to have.

farscape1

Jun 22, 2010
Pittsburgh
Great win, never thought i would ever see them win a cup again.

Would of been nice to see players reaction in the locker room, or Kessel and Murray holding the cup etc, but NBC had to cut early and Channel 11 news had to come on and had to watch their sports reporter embarrass himself trying to interview players.

Such a let down by NBC to put the rest of Cup interviews and cup holding on NBCSN. Hope NHL.com and Pens.com has some of the interviews etc that i could not see.

Go Pens!

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
good night everyone again and congrats to all of us. I did my part with all the right jinx moves, happy about myseld, players did well also.....

cheeeeeeers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad