Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Sharks 1: The Penguins Win The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
CkzJFJ6UgAAobcS.jpg:small

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
Cassius... TTEOT - your thoughts on the 2016 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins?

Yea where is tteot???? What a joke.

Penguins getting 2 puts to bed a lot of underachieving posts now! Including those from me!

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
So is Plotnikov getting his name on the Cup?

I don't think he played the minimum amount of games to be in consideration for it.

Although Kevin Porter will have his name etched on the cup, since he reached the minimum number of games to be in consideration for it. Kevin Porter will be having his name on the Stanley Cup. Kevin Porter.

What a world. :laugh:

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Going to call a spade a spade here and just say it's super awkward for some players who weren't really a significant part of team making their presence known in the team photo like they were. Those guys usually stand in the back.

Not going to name names but it was a little weird.

Also, Sid should hand that Conn Smythe over to Kessel asap.

Black Aces are in every team photo every year?

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
He was injured. Sullivan almost lost this cup run by starting MM against the Flyers. :laugh:

I can laugh about it now.

Yep, you're right, my bad. I knew in the back of my head that no way could they have actually wanted to play Zatkoff over Murray but completely forgot the injury fiasco.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Hope they post all the post game ceremonies tomorrow. Congrats Pens fans! Your team became my 2nd favourite this year and got a fan for life. Now I just need to see my team win 1 and I'll be set as a hockey fan.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Madden just said that if DB was still coaching, Adams would still be on the 4th line and bringing him coffee after practice. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I have to admit I felt bad just because he barely held the thing. He's contributed so much including THIS year. He should've been proud of what he contributed and really been thrilled. Unfortunately that may be MAF in a nutshell.....

Fleury had that shaky playoff game, but the dude should be proud of the Cup win. He was huge in the regular season and a big reason the Pens were in a position to win the Cup (home ice in every series other than the Caps series).

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think he played the minimum amount of games to be in consideration for it.

Although Kevin Porter will have his name etched on the cup, since he reached the minimum number of games to be in consideration for it. Kevin Porter will be having his name on the Stanley Cup. Kevin Porter.

What a world. :laugh:

I think you technically have to play a game in the playoffs to get your name on it. But Zigomanis didn't, and they successfully lobbied to get his name on the cup anyway.

I've never heard of a guy getting his name on the cup that was traded mid season. Unless.. John Cullen?

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think you technically have to play a game in the playoffs to get your name on it. But Zigomanis didn't, and they successfully lobbied to get his name on the cup anyway.

I've never heard of a guy getting his name on the cup that was traded mid season. Unless.. John Cullen?

I thought the criteria was either 41 games played in the regular season or 1 game played in the finals, not just any playoff round.

I think Ziggy got his name on the Cup because the Pens argued he would have met the 41 games played in the regular season criteria if he wasn't injured.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Winning just once would have been like Carolina winning, or the Ducks, or the Bruins. '09 would always be special, but a one off, where we won because, well, someone always has to.

But this legitimizes everything. ****ing everything!!! We're the heels once again my friends. 90% of hockey fandom despises the team and its fans.

And it's awesome :P

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I would like TTEOT's thoughts on Conn Smythe Winner Sidney Crosby

Thread Title: What's Wrong With Crosby? I'm Really Worried.

"Mashed potato brains is done and should be traded before anyone realizes. It's so sad." *suspicious sounds*

Fleury had that shaky playoff game, but the dude should be proud of the Cup win. He was huge in the regular season and a big reason the Pens were in a position to win the Cup (home ice in every series other than the Caps series).

Maybe it's similar to winning a silver medal. You appreciate it later but at the time it really doesn't feel like winning something.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
I'm pretty sure if you play 1 playoff game, you get on the cup so zatkoff, sundqvist, pouliot, and Bennett should all qualify.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Winning just once would have been like Carolina winning, or the Ducks, or the Bruins. '09 would always be special, but a one off, where we won because, well, someone always has to.

But this legitimizes everything. ****ing everything!!! We're the heels once again my friends. 90% of hockey fandom despises the team and its fans.

And it's awesome :P

The 2nd makes us legit and everything now is exactly what it should be. I am so proud of them. I get to watch hockey with no pressure for a nice little while.

The fact Sully and JR changed the culture, accountability, and roster issues in 6 months is beyond me. DB and Shero did some serious ****ing around to ruin something that should have been great.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
You can't be on the Cup if you're no longer on the team.

To be automatic you have to play 41 in the regular season or 1 in the Cup final. But Dupuis will be petitioned for and be on there. And Zatkoff probably dressed for 41.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008

Agreed. I don't know if they win the cup with Fleury in net. Murray got really hot playing against the Caps, and it's hard to say any other goaltender would have had that stretch. But Fleury got them into the position they were in. He had a rough game after not playing for over 2 months. While he missed his oppurtunity to retake the job, it's not inexcusable. I think the smart move is to at least explore moving him, but it's not like he lost his job due to being bad. He lost it to an injury and a very hot young goalie that's our best goalie prospect since him. If we go into next season with him and Murray sharing the net, it's not a bad situation to have. ANd it's obvious the team loves Fleury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad