Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Sharks 1: The Penguins Win The Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe it's similar to winning a silver medal. You appreciate it later but at the time it really doesn't feel like winning something.

I'd think it's more similar to being on a relay team that wins gold at the Olympics, where you help your relay team get through the quarterfinal and semifinal heats, but get replaced in the final by someone else.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
What a special season. I feel so fortunate to have gotten to see it even though the stress of the playoff run probably took years off my life. :laugh:

Anyway, times and moments like this are very rare and special. Enjoy it everybody and have a great summer.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I thought the criteria was either 41 games played in the regular season or 1 game played in the finals, not just any playoff round.

I think Ziggy got his name on the Cup because the Pens argued he would have met the 41 games played in the regular season criteria if he wasn't injured.
That's what it is. They said it during the ceremony

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
I think you technically have to play a game in the playoffs to get your name on it. But Zigomanis didn't, and they successfully lobbied to get his name on the cup anyway.

I've never heard of a guy getting his name on the cup that was traded mid season. Unless.. John Cullen?

It's either 41 games during the regular season (I believe) or one game played during the Stanley Cup Final.

So Porter makes the cut. :laugh:

EDIT: Got ninja'd. But still. Porter will be on the Stanley Cup.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
You can't be on the Cup if you're no longer on the team.

To be automatic you have to play 41 in the regular season or 1 in the Cup final. But Dupuis will be petitioned for and be on there. And Zatkoff probably dressed for 41.

Curious as to what makes Dupuis deserving of being put on this year? Is this for nastalgia and good feelings or did he earn the right to have it on there?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Did Goligoski play a game in the SCF? Because he got his name on it in 2009. I hope Pouliot and Sundqvist get on there.

Nevermind, didn't realize he played 45 regular season games.

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
The 2nd makes us legit and everything now is exactly what it should be. I am so proud of them. I get to watch hockey with no pressure for a nice little while.

The fact Sully and JR changed the culture, accountability, and roster issues in 6 months is beyond me. DB and Shero did some serious ****ing around to ruin something that should have been great.

I think fluery had a lot to do with the post 09 runs. He was pretty good the last two years but those soft goals and shaky play always seemed to put us in a bad position.

With that said I think the future is bright for the next 5 years if Murray continues to improve.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
the way of winning this Cup couldn't have been anymore different than the 2009 one... a total 180...

This one wasn't as fulfilling. At this point, I just want more notches on the belt so everyone can shut up about Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad