Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Panthers 2 - Now THAT Is What A 6M Winger Looks Like

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I didn't want my praise Guentzel post to be contaminated by my disgust post for Kessel.

JFC Kessel is bad right now. I'm just down right ****ing rotten. Figure it out ass hole.

Im honestly glad. It just means we will trade him and thats what Ive wanted. Will always appreciate what he did for us but knew this would happen(just not this quick). Malkin and Crosby can still be top guys in their mid 30s imo...and while Kessel wont really lose his shot he will slow down affecting his game. Geno and Sid dont really rely on speed to be effective...

Make the trade to make our team better. Even for picks/prospects. Some dont like that idea but we could get guys with tons of potential extending our window. Yeah they may be a few years away. But with the money we save from Kessel..we sign someone in FA until those young guys are ready.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I wasn't watching the game that closely, so I'm not going to say you're wrong, but Gudbranson looked perfectly solid from what I watched. He was playing aggressive offensively, making the simple play when he had the puck in the neutral and defensive zone, was playing physical, had good possession stats....he had basically everything you'd want out of a depth D to say they had a good game. I don't have any complaints, even with him tipping in a goal against.

But like I said, I wasn't watching the game that closely. People who watched it closer could have stronger opinions, but I didn't dislike what I saw from him tonight.

He had a couple of Gaffes, other than that he was fine. If we are to see improvement its not going to be overnight. I think we (and weirdly Vancouver fans because they secretly miss him) are putting a microscope on him.

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
"Hey Sid, what does it mean for you to score 1200 points?"

"It's a good number, 1500 games, that's a huge accomplishment for Cully, glad we could get the win for him."

we're not worthy

He can't be human. Can't be. If you are that talented and everyone boosts your ego every day, you just can't be that giving. And he is. What a f***ing incredible leader and how lucky we are to have him in the Burgh.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Great to get the 2 points. Still need to take 1 from the Blue Jackets at least. Let’s win Thursday and then whatever happens Saturday happens.

Reactions: Lustaf

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Just had a quick peek at the stats. 14-3 on the High Danger chances at 5v5. Kinda felt that way but didn't realise it was quite that lopsided. Dominated them in particular with Simon in, which I did notice. Geno 12-3 for SCF.

There's a lot of talk about needing the scoring depth to show up and its not wrong but they're making the right chances. Just a few guys who need one to go in for the floodgates to start opening I think.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Sid never put personal hardware first. Which is why I dont get why so many hate. Its actually annoying how unselfish he is lol. While we see the Oilers do whatever it takes to get Conner the ART(he was way behind Kucherov last year until they put RNH with McDavid..another center. Just like this year with Drai). And I already mentioned how the Caps constantly tried to get OV goals back then by leaving him out there the whole time there was an EN lol. While Sid passes to guys like Glass...Adams .
I would bet that Jake is plenty happy that Sid is an unselfish player. Crosby cares about Cups. Which is great for Pens fans, and great for him. Isn't it refreshing to see a superstar who is completely and purely devoted to his team over himself?

Hell yeah!

Reactions: BillPrep

treeni12

Oct 30, 2018
Malkin's PDO is all time low right now. Maybe this year he gets hot at the right time just before PO's

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Kessel is actually getting opportunities AND shooting now. 5 shots or so a game for the last something like half dozen games. Once one goes in I am guessing it will be followed by quite a few more.

I do not mind Phil in a dry streak, just like I do not mind Pens' losses. As long as they are playing right they will get rewarded, and face it that is what Phil does, score. I can put up with some gaffes if he is filling the net.

Reactions: Lustaf and ColePens

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I would bet that Jake is plenty happy that Sid is an unselfish player. Crosby cares about Cups. Which is great for Pens fans, and great for him. Isn't it refreshing to see a superstar who is completely and purely devoted to his team over himself?

Hell yeah!

Oh i know, he does it the right way. But us as fans we would like to see him have been a bit more selfish(not sacrificing wins...but the countless passes to guys who shoot like Shaq did Free Throws) over the years. Again injuries aside...id say hed have close to 100 more goals over those 10 years. That's 10 more a year on avg....not far fetched at all when you look back on how many shots he passed up. And Like I said , not talking about the ones that helped us score but passes that actually gave us worse odds. He was the exact opposite of OV lol. Im starting to remember all of that talk back then. Sid would refuse to shoot and OV would take 20 shots a game. Alot actually hurting his team, wide of net and out of zone.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
He can't be human. Can't be. If you are that talented and everyone boosts your ego every day, you just can't be that giving. And he is. What a ****ing incredible leader and how lucky we are to have him in the Burgh.
Spot on. So nice to have a local sports hero who is a terrific role model. Kudos to his parents, you don't become a fantastic human being without fantastic parenting.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Mmmmmm, Sid and Jake. That was pretty sweet. Just three players in the league have more ES goals than Jake, and we are talking 1-2 goals more only. Sid is 1 ES points off Kucherov with 4 games less played.

I am not crazy about my man Malkin after this one, not at all, but I would like to suggest that Kessel should get demoted to the 4th line when Rust returns.... Not like that is going to happen, but he has been (for literally months) everything I cautioned against during last season, before this season and throughout this season even when he was producing early on (again).
Cult hero for many or not, this should be his last season as a Pen, no matter what he ends up doing in the playoffs. Get the best possible futures package we can for him after the season, and raid... say.... Columbus for an UFA replacement. Just sick of watching him.

NB: Our D just might turn out to work well in the playoffs if Letang comes back correct. Schultz has made a real difference and helps JJ tremendously.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
that's what he says publicly, but privately you know he's saying, "and people said I stole a Conn Smythe from you, garbage."`

Nailed it. You know Sid wants him traded for guys like Dupuis.

Btw, could be far off here but Im still curious how Phil would look if this damn iron man streak wasnt still going. Obviously the team isnt going to sit him, but is it really that important when its hurting the team or his own personal play period? No coincidence hes still getting his points on the PP but not even close to what he was 5 on 5..

Phil should have been the one to choose to take time off late last season when he looked hurt. We were all confused. And that shows he is kind of selfish. Which is why we heard Sully mention he wasnt hurt after we got knocked out lol. No way a coach even touches that if asked..he was obviously bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad