Post-Game Talk: Pens 3, Panthers 2 - Now THAT Is What A 6M Winger Looks Like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sid & Jake, man.

Guentzel is the best forward this organization has developed since...uh...um...like I think it's legit been 20 years. Sid & Geno weren't actually developed here - well Geno a little bit. They were destined for superstardom from the time they entered the NHL.

Someone who's more of a Penguin historian, legit question of the last forward we've developed (not counting #87 and #71) who is better than Jake. Jake has now surpassed Staal easily.

Straka? :dunno:

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Sidney Crosby and Jake Guentzel continue to haul this lifeless team into the playoffs. I still love McCann on that line too.

Let's hope they can keep it up, because we're getting absolutely nothing from our other 3 forward lines whatsoever.
They won’t be able to carry them through the postseason alone.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Sid/Jake basically won us that game. We need help from others. Eventually.

Mad ups to Murray, too. Thought he was terrific.

I loved how they played the last couple of games. Structure, work, smart play. We reverted back to the opposite carried by a couple of elite talents.

It is like Einstein, Stephen Hawkins, and the cast of Jersey Shore as a team in a science competition.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
He wanted Kane and McDavid and Kooch
Lame if that’s what it ends up being. Kane and McDavid on non-playoff teams and not as good defensively.

Kooch, however, has been unreal with the scoring this year and will run away with it, anyway.

Just not taking Sid for granted. We all know how great he is and he doesn’t have anything further to prove really anyway.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Dear lord Guentzel and Crosby. I don't have anything else to say

Gudbranson and Johnson continue their "WTF, are these players actually good?" tour and McCann looked good again. Murray's doing a great job to shut up the haters right now.

Johnson, yah he's been good.

Gudbranson looked like crap to me tonite, can't turn quickly.

CBJ fans did say that JJ played way better when he was in the top 4 as opposed to being on the 3rd pair.....how do you explain that? for now keep feeding him mins he's been solid.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Uhh imagine if Sid and Jake came into the league at the same time. Good Lord.

And not gonna get into this on main boards but Kucherov gets to play with top guys. Avs 1st line...no more needs to be said. McDavid has Drai lol.

Yet Sid never had this until he reaches 30. Really a shame he had those injuries at his peak and never a winger like Jake until now(for this long). Not even an exaggeration to say hed have at least another 300 points. The 3 straight years alone that he was hurt(and on pace for 120+ pts) alone would put him close to that.

And we wouldn't even see comparisons to OV or anyone else. The fact that hes done what hes done with those injuries(that have either ended careers or at least ruined em) and second tier linemates is unreal. And the whole Malkin argument is still the dumbest one Ive seen. We all know Crosby actually does worse(points wise) when Malkin fills up the score sheet 5 on 5. Yes you can factor in PP, but overall its a dumb argument. Pens didnt put Malkin with Sid to win an Art either. Crosby actually goes out of his way to look unselfish while back then we used to see OV out there for whole 2 mins of EN time(remember those days?).

Of course none of this matters to non Pens fans so I dont even bother.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Nice to get the win.

But it can't be just Sid's line scoring the goals every night, we need some more lines chipping in.

I wasn't a fan of Pearson, but when we had him their was competition every game to see which bottom 6 forwards would get into the lineup.

Since we only have 12 forwards right now and no competition to get into the lineup those bottom 6 forwards play has dropped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad