Post-Game Talk: Pens 2 Preds 0|So Long and Thanks For All the Fish|Pens Win Stanley Cup 4-2|Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Only thing I did not like is the ref telling Fish that they were trying to overturn the goal but couldn't. Pretty stupid to say. Then they give them every powerplay on purpose. ****ing stupid.

Anyone know where I can watch all the episodes? I couldn't find them anywhere on tv in Canada...unless I missed them

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know it's kinda late, but holy hell, this guy makes some amazing hype videos:

I think the game 7 video was the only one he did this year. I wish he'd make more videos. That Dream On video though....holy hell, that still gives me chills after watching it time and time again.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I can't get over how impressive this was. I just did some quick searches, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

This run, the Pens beat 2 Vezina winners and a 3 time Vezina finalist, while leading the league with 3.08 goals per game.

Additionally

Torts - 1 Jack Adams, 4 or 5 times a finalist
Lavi - 2 time Jack Adams finalist
Trotz - 1 Jack Adams, 2 times a finalist

Well done, Sully.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Carrie Underwood posted some heartfelt thing on Facebook with a picture of her and Fisher saying how great of a season it was... with, ya know, hundreds of thousands of likes and a ton of comments with people (Preds AND Pens fans alike, aww...) typing literal essays heaping praise on them.

I just wanted to comment with: "L".

Good for the Preds for their season, but to hell with country music and all the celebrity praising and fake celebrity fans. That got real annoying, real quick.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Good for the Preds for their season, but to hell with country music and all the celebrity praising and fake celebrity fans. That got real annoying, real quick.
Self promotion. Watch clips of Underwood when the Preds score she is more interested in broadcasting herself onto social media than the play on the ice. Does she even watch the games?

Oddfello

Jimmy Montrose
Mar 15, 2013
Pittsburgh
Lol every single team we played tried all the stuff that got us off of our game under bylsma and it just never worked...

This is huge, and indicative of the culture shift Sullivan brought. I will never forget last season when Sully screamed at Malkin on the bench for jawing at the refs. It made me feel like adults were in charge from that point forward.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Nothing wrong with all the celebrity stuff in Nashville... The goal is to grow the game. What we saw in Nashville was good for the game.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Finally taking some time to read other team boards' "around the league" threads, they definitely do not disappoint. I'm dying reading some of these. Especially from game 4 on.

Luckiest, flukiest, weakest, most undeserving, soon to be relocating as soon as their stars retire franchise to win the cup evar! :laugh::cry::laugh:

Last edited:

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Finally taking some time to read other team boards' "around the league" threads, they definitely do not disappoint. I'm dying reading some of these. Especially from game 4 on.

Luckiest, flukiest, weakest, most undeserving, soon to be relocating as soon as their stars retire franchise to win the cup evar! :laugh::cry::laugh:

Sitting back and reading through the ridiculousness is one of my favorite offseason activities after a cup win. The ******** people write is amazing.
My all-time favorite was after last season when some rival board found solace in the "fact" that it was a complete fluke run and pretty much everyone would immediately fall off a cliff. Some guy there had even convinced himself that they were in a much better situation because they were supposedly set up to be in the hunt for multiple cups and not a "one and done team" like the Penguins. And after all, chasing a cup is much more exciting than actually winning one. :laugh:

Saku11

Jan 25, 2010
A win is a win, but even as a Penguins fan you gotta admit the no-goal call was shameful and that way this up win was easily the lamest of the Sid era.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Caught the All Access show from last night.
Some great stuff on there that has been mentioned already.
Fave moment was Sully and his pops on the ice after we won. Chills, man.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
A win is a win, but even as a Penguins fan you gotta admit the no-goal call was shameful and that way this up win was easily the lamest of the Sid era.

Shameful? The NHL blows calls consistently. Being great is overcoming those situations. It is an afterthought and anybody who thinks otherwise doesn't understand hockey at all.

Now, does the NHL need to look at ways to be more consistent and accurate? Absolutely, but I would hardly call that play the Hallmark of the movement.

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty

It was a huge mistake on the part of the refs and I can't say I blame Nashville fans for being mad. But I don't think it should be held against the team that won. I'd probably view it in a more negative light if they didn't turn around and try to hand the rest of the game to Nashville on a platter. To pin the entire game on the ref takes away from what Murray did and what the penalty kill did for the rest of that game.

I think it will mostly just go down in history to most people as yet another Penguins Cup and Smythe for Sidney Crosby and his legacy. I didn't even think about the Calgary no goal in 2004 until someone brought it up recently. A select few still remember it but to most people, it's just the year the Lightning won.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd rather have won without people pointing at that 'no goal' all the time.

But I am still awed, amazed and overjoyed at the way this team waded through all the fatigue and injuries to do this.

The only thing lame about this win is half the team. Literally lame and figuratively cool.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

to make a mistake is not "shameful"....what's shameful is willfully refusing to call any penalties trying to make up for it.....that could cause someone to have their career ended.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
The Nashville no goal call was awful and I'd be beyond pissed if it happened to the Pens in the same spot but you also win/lose based on your ability to overcome that kind of adversity.

The no goal was Nashville's adversity for that game. Ours was the fact the refs gave Nashville every PP of the game including a 5-3 with the game hanging in the balance in the 3rd period. We overcame that adversity by getting the kills and scoring at ES since we weren't going to get a PP ourselves that night.

I also didn't really have a problem with what the ref said to Fisher. They knew it was a goal and were trying to think of a way to get the call right but there was no way to do that with the rules being what they are.

I loved the behind the scenes clip of the injured guys watching on the TV's backstage. I also thought it was funny when Sully joked with Geno about Geno making it through the entire playoffs unscathed health wise only to get his nose busted open in the celebration.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Yesterday I Binged the All Access show. Some great stuff, but I wish they had way more bench and locker room footage and a lot less narration about the game.

I get that they are trying to rush each episode out and editing it together is a slough, but that show should be an hour per episode.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

What's lame about successfully killing off 4 PP's after that whistle and finally scoring the first (and eventually Cup winning) goal in a 0-0 game with only 95 seconds left to go in regulation?? :popcorn:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Nothing wrong with all the celebrity stuff in Nashville... The goal is to grow the game. What we saw in Nashville was good for the game.

I mean I get it, it's just not my thing.

How about this NHL article I just read... 20 top moments of the playoffs, and Underwood singing the National Anthem is right after Guentzel's hat trick/OT game winner in Columbus... lol

Edit: "P.K. Subban gets Listerine sponsorship" also on that list. OK, that's worse.

Last edited:

Saku11

Jan 25, 2010
Like i said a win is a win, but to me that moment really killed the game.There was no other choice because the rule clearly states when the whistle blows the game is stopped, but still..kind of ruined the whole game for me. You dont wanna see that type of mistake in Stanley Cup finals ever. We have three great wins now in the Sid era and this was to me easily the least enjoyable and the no goal call was a large reason for me. Im far from the worst whiners about reffing , believe me, but that call was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad